“The Amazing man behind the bar! ”

Washington Mayfair Hotel
Ranked #482 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

This my first time to review a hotel, I have to say the accommodation was nice the service was amazing, the staff were friendly.

But the main reason I decided to write this review is because the that wonderful, friendly man who works in the bar the the amazing Cosimo, he works really hard andyou can literally talk to him about anything, and I mean anything.

The first time I met him I was alone and sad, so he started to talk to me and comfort me, and I really felt good. After that we became friends immediately.

This is so interesting, he have been working at the hotel for 14 years, and met a lot of famous and interesting people like him.

What amazed me more about him, is when there were two people sitting next to me in the bar, discussing some investment, and Cosimo just joined the conversation. YES, he was a broker and knows everything about that business.

Washington Hotel is not the same without Casimo.

Next time I visit London, I am going to invite him over dinner to meet my family and friends, BECAUSE HE IS ONE OF US!

I hope to see him soon!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Faisal A
annettestaunton, General Manager at Washington Mayfair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2015

Dear Faisal A

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review and for doing so, so thoughtfully. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and glad we met your expectations. It is hugely rewarding to hear how well our staff performed and Cosimo is wonderful isn’t he? He was so pleased to hear of his special mention and delighted to have been of service to you.

We thank you for your patronage and look forward to your next visit with much anticipation when we will ensure that you have another perfect stay!

With kind regards
Annette Staunton, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,141)

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed at this lovely hotel for 3 nights bed and breakfast basis. Our room was lovely and cleaned everyday with fresh towels. Toileteries were lovely to use. This is a very nice hotel, the exterior may not look great, but this hotel was opened in 1913, so it has been around for quite a long time and has history. The interior is very modern. Concerige very kindly checked us in on line for our flight home and printed our boarding passes (thank you). Hotel has a very nice bar that you can sit and enjoy a glass of wine. Shepherds Market has lovely restaurants and you can stand outside the hotel door and just look to your right and you will see this area.
There is also a Tesco Express across the street. We thougherly enjoyed our stay and will return.

Room Tip: high floor a/c is very quiet
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Juke186605
annettestaunton, General Manager at Washington Mayfair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2015

Dear Juke186605

Many thanks for leaving such a wonderful review! It is such a great pleasure to receive such positive feedback and very gratifying to know that you will be returning. I have shared your comments with the team who were responsible for making your stay so enjoyable. They were so elated to hear of your feedback.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to The Washington Mayfair Hotel very soon.

With kindest regards

Reviewed 1 August 2014

The Washington Mayfair is situated in an upscale area of London on a relatively quiet street. It is situated three minutes from the Green Park and underground. On the way to or from the underground station stop at Pret A Manger for a light breakfast, lunch or snack. The hotel is also three minutes from Berkley Square and another five to six minutes from Oxford Street. It is within walking distance to Buckingham Palace, St.James Park and other tourist destinations. Pubs and restaurants are close by at Shepard's Market about five minutes away.

At the hotel there is a doorman who might greet you. Being an American I am always accustomed to congeniality. However, the desk clerk will bid you welcome and assist you with any requests such as storing your luggage if your room isn't ready. (They did not let me check in until the appointed time.) My room was a classic double that was well appointed - clean, neat and spacious - much larger than rooms in New York. There was a balcony which I did not use as the hotel was conducting renovations on the seventh floor. The bathroom was spotless with lit cubicles for towels and toiletries which were replenished daily. I loved the towel warmer and the low flat sink which were great for washing clothes and drying them. The shower pressure and temperature were perfect. If there was a negative I would have to say that the bed was too firm for my taste but at the end of a busy sightseeing/shopping day I was glad to fall into it. All in all, I am looking forward to staying here on my next visit.

Room Tip: Choose a room below the sixth floor if the construction continues on the seventh and also away from...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank oneoftheds

Dear oneoftheds

What a fabulous review! Thank you very much. We are so delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and will be returning. Guest reviews are valued by our hotel and when feedback is positive it is hugely rewarding for us all. Much appreciated.

We will always welcome you here at The Washington Mayfair Hotel.

With kindest regards,

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Our first time staying at the Washington Hotel Mayfair in London was a most enjoyable experience, the staff were very friendly and helpful, the food was lovely and it was in an ideal position to see all the sights. The room was very comfortable and room service was very efficient.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Kimannie54

Thank you for a superb review! I am pleased you enjoyed staying with us and that we were able to provide such a memorable experience. Indeed we are located in an ideal position which very much suits both business and leisure travellers!

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

With kindest regards

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Had booked a Saturday night for girlfriend birthday getaway. Was told at check in that they were upgrading us 2 levels to an Executive Bedroom so thought WOW! Short lived as when getting to the room it went down hill quite quickly. Firstly the bathroom was in dire need of refurbishment, very difficult turning shower on and off, bath was un-inviting and the next morning the bath still had 2inches of water from the night before, all the accessories were old and corroded, the ceiling had seen much better days and the sink was cracked. The main bedroom area, windows were old and paintwork very poor, remote for TV was intermittent as was the air con. Bed was suppose to be King bed when actually 2 singles put together and I can safely say the worst bed i have lept in. At breakfast the next morning, no aircon working so breakfast area was like a sauna, had to eat breakfast very fast to get out of there. On check out the only thing the girl on reception seemed interested in was taking the full £240 for the nights accomodation. Have stayed in budget hotels elsewhere with much better facilities.Took up complaint with the Duty manager who assured me he would email the same day to make a suitable offer but didn't recieve anything but would not stay there again anyway after this visit even if it were free.No where near the 4 Stars it's boast. Personally will give this Hotel a very wide birth and at that price now feel robbed.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank kevins808
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I think this hotel is undergoing a very slow upgrade. The first impression of the hotel is its lobby, and this looks very dated and tired, which is too bad as the room was much better. Some of the room's features was very modern like the lights, but the furniture again was tired and dated. Bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was well decorated and the shower was good (tub didn't drain well though...). Good modern temperature control so it was easy to keep the temp at a comfortable level. Very quiet room even though I was right at the elevator door. This hotel is pretty convenient to the whole Regent street shopping area and not too long a walk to Covent Garden. I'd stay here again no problem.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Stayed here three nights for business. The hotel's best amenity is its central location. The rooms are somewhat outdated. Breakfast was fine. Two things that bothered me were both wifi-related First, the wi-fi was down or spotty the first two days I stayed there, so I had to use the ethernet cable. Second, internet access was supposed to be included, but I was charged for internet access. I was told by the front desk this was because I used the ethernet cable (apparently just the wi-fi is free), which I used because the wi-fi was down. I finally got the staff member to waive the internet charges, but only after I was annoyed. This guy seemed to be an outlier though. The rest of the staff members were polite and friendly.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business