“Amazed at the change - fantastic north London hotel”

Pullman London St Pancras Hotel
Ranked #117 of 1,088 Hotels in London
riggerdon
“Amazed at the change - fantastic north London hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

I had to stop and figure out if was in the right place when I walked into the lobby of the Pullman London St. Pancras last week. Last time I was there it was a Novotel, now it's a Pullman, and the change is remarkable. The lobby and dining areas are fresh and contemporary and the newly refurbished rooms are excellent. All the staff I spoke to are friendly, polite, positive and enthusiastic. The food and wine is good as well. In my opinion this is now the best place to stay in North London for the price......would thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank riggerdon
PinoDispinseri, Manager at Pullman London St Pancras Hotel, responded to this review, 2 August 2012
Dear guest, I am pleased to read that you had an amazing time in our hotel. Thank you very much for your wonderful comments as well as for your kind words regarding our members of staff. I’m also very thankful for your recommendation to other travellers. My colleagues and I will be pleased to welcome you back at the Pullman London St Pancras in the near future. Kind regards, Pino Dispinseri Food & Beverage Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (769)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
sheffield
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012

The Accor group have decided to convert this hotel from a Novotel to a higher spec'd Pullman. I stayed twice in two weeks, in refurbished rooms.

First - the down sides - the Euston Road is a very busy main road. Even with triple glazed windows, rooms that face onto the main road may suffer from some noise seeping in. The building is not very pretty - modern and functional. The immediate surroundings are not the most inspiring either. The refurb of the interior continues after the Olympics - so until then, you may be allocated an old style room and immediately afterwards suffer some inconvenience from the builders. Strangely, they have chosen not to change the room doors - which show wear and tear, and do not match the style of the new rooms - a shame, since it cheapens the overall look.

The TV system is standard - but with only three radio channels (Radio 1, 2, and 5) - I had to resort to the ipod doc in the deluxe rooms to access other stations. So no bedside radio.

Also a problem with my second booking - despite my email confirmation showing I had booked a upgraded queen bedded room, I was allocated a standard twin. I saw this on early check in, and asked the receptionist to confirm it would be corrected. He didn't offer an apology, and, as it later transpired, when I returned to the hotel in the afternoon, failed to do anything about it. Luckily his colleague was much more interested in maintaining my loyalty to this hotel, and sorted out the problem. Mistakes happen, but I had hoped that it would get sorted when I first pointed out the problem.

BUT

The refurbished rooms are well designed, well appointed, and with free wifi, a good place to work from. The hotel is only moments away from the British Library (some good coffee shops) and the main stations at St Pancras, Kings Cross and Euston.

SO overall, choose your room carefully, check your booking, hope you get a refurbished room, and if the price is right, you shouldn't go wrong.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
MichaelVocal, General Manager at Pullman London St Pancras Hotel, responded to this review, 1 August 2012
Dear guest, I would like to apologise for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay in our hotel. I can assure you that these matters have been addressed to the relevant head of departments and improvements will be done where necessary. Thank you for your comments regarding our newly refurbished rooms. It is our hope that you will give us a change to better serve you in the near future. Kind regards, Michael Vocal General Manager
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012

I don't know what it was like as a Novotel (which it was when I made the booking), but it's fantastic as a Pullman.

Stayed in a deluxe/superior room, which was really large and brilliantly equipped - with a nice view of the british library. The breakfast was fantastic and the staff were extremely friendly throughout the entire stay. The decor throughout the hotel is extremely modern and clean.

Really enjoyable, would definitely stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
MichaelVocal, General Manager at Pullman London St Pancras Hotel, responded to this review, 30 July 2012
Dear guest, we appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Pullman London St Pancras. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We hope to see you back soon in our hotel. Kind regards, Michael Vocal General Manager
Bangor, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2012

Stayed here for one night when it they were just finishing off the transition from being a Novotel to a Pullman - so there was a bit of drilling and trailing cables etc around the lobby area - but it all seems quite nice. The white lights behind reception are a bit disconcerting as they split into red and green light as you look away! Anyway - to the important things - staff at reception were helpful and pleasant. Room was spacious, clean, if minimalist. Bed and pillows comfortable. Bathroom - spacious and clean - but the water pressure in the shower was disappointing (choice of overhead or handheld was good though). Breakfast in the morning was also OK with a good choice. Most of the staff were friendly and helpful. Some of the seating in the lobby area (the chairs with the rounded wooden back) are really uncomfortable but there are other choices.
My overall feeling about this hotel is that it's nice enough for a large hotel and really convenient for Euston and King's Cross/St Pancras stations.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
NovotelStPancras, Manager at Pullman London St Pancras Hotel, responded to this review, 30 July 2012
Dear guest, it’s a pleasure to read your positive comments about our hotel especially with regards to the quality of our staff. In regards to your concerns, please be assured that I have addressed the issues to the relevant head of department for their review. I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. I look forward to seeing you again soon. Kind regards, Leon Hachuel Rooms Division Manager
Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

Very modern, clean and comfortable. Convenient location to tube and trains. The average age range is definitely a little bit older. Probably not the place to pick for a girls weekend or to hang in the bar to meet people in London.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank MeganL273
MichaelVocal, General Manager at Pullman London St Pancras Hotel, responded to this review, 27 July 2012
Dear guest, we are very thankful for your feedback. We look forward to seeing you back at the Pullman London St Pancras. Kind regards, Michael Vocal General Manager
Telford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

We previously stayed at this hotel and all be it a bus ride away from the main sites it always seemed worth it. The room comfortable the bar was comfortable, affordable, great bar menu and relaxing with its communal TV and with a great atmosphere. Since its face lift and change to the Pullman the rooms have been upgraded with good taste, nice bathrooms and the look of the communal areas i.e. reception and bar is fab. The down side is they have increased the drinks prices which are now a bit pricey, changed the bar menu which is no longer as good and have no communal TV in the bar area. All the staff there are still as accommodating but the bar area is not. So sad.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
NovotelStPancras, Manager at Pullman London St Pancras Hotel, responded to this review, 27 July 2012
Dear guest, many thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us. I’m glad to read that you enjoyed our newly refurbished bedroom and bar; however I’m sorry to read that you were not fully satisfied for the fact that we no longer have TV in the bar. I would like to thank you for raising your issues and please rest assured that your comments are most helpful to us in constantly assessing and improving our services. I’m delighted to read your comments regarding our member of staff. I hope that you can give us a change of staying in our hotel again in future. Kind regards, Leon Hachuel Rooms Division Manager