“Think they should change the name back to Novotel.”

Pullman London St Pancras Hotel
Ranked #117 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Canberra, Australia
“Think they should change the name back to Novotel.”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I’m normally a fan of Pullman hotels. I’ve stayed in 3 of them in Australia and they are always great. As a result I had high expectations for the Pullman St Pancras and it didn’t meet them. I would say that it’s a Novotel with the name Pullman.

I checked in really late due to a train delay as there had been storms that day. Fortunately they do have 24 hour check-in. Location wise it’s great being half way between Kings Cross Station and Euston Station (about 2 blocks from both). Don’t be fooled by the name it’s only close to the station not in it.

The room were basically a standard Novotel Room with Pullman toiletaries. The beds were more comfortable than standard Novotel beds though. Compared to my other hotels in London this one was the smallest of the 3 I stayed in this trip. Saying that though it was the size of a standard hotel room in Australia and a lot bigger than some I have experienced. The bathroom even looked identical to the Novotel bathroom but had a better shower head. You can absolutely tell the rooms have just been renovated.

My reservation came with breakfast and a 15 pound food voucher (which will buy you two drinks at the hotel bar). The breakfast was a pretty good buffet and well worth the couple of extra dollars I paid for it.

Overall although I don’t think this hotel deserves the Pullman name. It is in a great location though and it’s slightly better than your standard Novotel. But as I was expecting a similar experience to the Australian hotels I would say it's only average. I would not want to stay here long term either if I was staying with someone just because of the room size.

Room Tip: Put in your preferences if you are an accor member. They do listen to them
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
FaithJohnston, Manager at Pullman London St Pancras Hotel, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear Stuyw10,

Thank you kindly for the candid review.

I am sorry to hear that we this was not the experience you were looking for. I have shared your feedback with out team for their attention and review.

Please do let me know should you wish to return and I will be most glad to meet you !

With my best regards,
Guest Experience Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (796)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
luxembourg
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

The Pullman is a very nice, new property with large and comfy rooms. Service is excellent. Wifi is free. Breakfast is a high quality buffet. The dinner restaurant is nice but a bit pricy (quality food, rather small portions). The main point of attention relates to sound proofing. I had a second floor room with airco units outside the window. I don't care about the ugly view, I care about the fact that you can very clearly hear the things humming (and even more annoying switching on and off) at night. Sounds from the hallway also were noticeable in the room. This minor issue costs the Pullman a fifth 'point' in this review.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear beograd72,

Thank you kindly for the candid review and my apologies for the delay in my reply.

I greatly appreciate your kind comments with regards to the buffet breakfast and the hotel as a whole. I am sorry to hear that for you, we fell short on the sound proofing. Although our windows are triple glazed so as to block out as much ambient noise from Euston Street., it might still be an issue for some guests.

Please do let me know should you wish to return and I will be most glad to meet you.

With my best regards.
Bakerton
Reviewed 21 March 2014

We selected this hotel to be near the train station in order to launch our trip to europe via the chunnel. We arrived here from the airport on train so it was a smooth transition and close by to walk with your luggage. The St Pancras Station is a wonder to behold and worth the visit even if you do not intend to travel by train.

We were not disappointed. The room was very clean, quiet, and located in a nice neighborhood with places to eat nearby. We used the hotel breakfast and were very pleased. The tube is located near by so we could zip off to the museums, and shopping.

Room Tip: Our room faced the back of the property so it did prove to be very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank hafe
Dear hafe,,

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed you’re your time here at the Pullman London St Pancras!

Your comments echo exactly the experience we wish for our guests and I’m so pleased that this turned a simple stay into a great experience !

You’re comments are most gratefully appreciated !

I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back.

Best regards,
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Arriving by Eurostar, was at hotel in 5 minutes from leaving station. Very friendly and helpful welcome from reception. Given choice of room, recommended one on 15th floor with fabulous view (except note building going on opposite might soon eclipse view??). Just be warned: the middle lift has full glass window so if you don't have a head for heights.....! Room spacious and well appointed. Considering on main road near hospital, very little noise, mostly just a hum. Wifi worked well and free. Bed very comfortable and large. Bottled water, towelling robe, slippers and decent toiletries are provided along with a copious selection of extras on a pull out draw. Loved that there were plugs everywhere! Only negative, no hot chocolate! Bathroom modern and effective, despite being small. Breakfast is pricey but vast selection and very tasty. I can imagine, if very busy, they might struggle with serving tea, coffee and fruit juice but staff are all very friendly and attentive. Excellent service for leaving luggage to collect later. Very good system of having at least one extra member of staff around reception, not on a desk, who can sort out luggage, answer questions and keep everything flowing smoothly. Excellent service! And the door men were charming too! Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Fantastic views from 15th floors although apparently rooms on lowest floors are larger. Ample space...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Sheila B
Dear Sheila B,

Thanks very much indeed for the kind review.

I’m very pleased to hear they we exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed your time with us. Our team is truly passionate about our guests' experience and I am glad it shows!

Hopefully we will see you again soon.

melbourne, australia
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Friends stayed here when I travelled with them two years ago. It was a Mercure then, but was morphing into the Pullman. I booked it on their recommendation for this trip. It seems to have become more of a business hotel, without a lot of personality. Service was friendly and efficient but the hotel lacked character and warmth. Great position, but I'd look elsewhere in the Accor chain on my next visit

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear tjlcad,

Thanks very much indeed for the kind and candid review.

I’m disappointed to read that you did not feel the warm and personality from our team. Truly, our team is truly passionate about our guests' experience. I will share your feedback with them as this is certainly an area we can improve on.

Hopefully we will see you again soon.

Edmonton
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We stayed for one night having arrived from Paris on the Eurostar on New Year’s Day. As we were leaving for Heathrow early the next morning, this hotel was in the perfect location. The lobby and rooms are very modern and recently updated – much more open and spacious than the most hotels in London. The staff were excellent and they arranged a transfer to the airport in the morning at a very reasonable (similar to taxi) price. Our only disappointment was that the restaurant was not open when we arrived and we had to wait until 6:00 p.m. when it opened for dinner. This may be because it was New Year’s Day – not sure what their regular hours are. Overall we were very pleased with this hotel mostly because of its proximity to St. Pancras.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear DandNEdmonton,

Thanks very much indeed for the kind review.

I’m very pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your time with us. We had a set menu for New Year's Eve however, I am sorry to know that no explanation was offered to you. I will definitely share your feedback with our team. Hopefully we will see you again soon.