“Chic and Reassuring”

Pullman London St Pancras Hotel
Ranked #125 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Chic and Reassuring

We are a couple in our early seventies and Kings Cross is an area that makes us feel a little apprehensive especially at night and it is vital for us that we have a hotel close by the railway stations where we can feel safe. (To be fair, there has been much refurbishment in the area and things are now getting better with each visit.)

We were due to arrive at Kings Cross Railway Station at ten in the evening as a couple travelling with another couple and were all pre-booked into the Pullman Hotel. The Pullman is a short walk away on the flat and we made it uneventfully with our luggage in a very short time.

The hotel has had a recent redesign which seemed quite innovative to us and the first impressions were very good. Our room on the sixth floor was at the rear and very quiet which is important to us. Everything expected was to hand and superbly clean. There was more innovation here with the plumbing which takes a little understanding. The shower was walk-in and the controls were near the entrance. There was a large square control for the temperature and above this a smaller square control. Turning the smaller control to the left activated a horizontal shower working at breast height. Turning the control to the right activated an overhead square shower head which produced a vigorous deluge. We soon mastered the 'joystick' control for the hand basin.

This was to be a very short visit and it was straight to bed ready for an early start in the morning. Breakfast was a delight. We were there very soon after the 7 am opening and found the ambience quiet and pleasant and the staff were attentive and helpful. The selection was superb although we did not opt for the cooked items mainly due to time considerations although they looked very inviting. The coffee was particularly good.

Our travel colleagues were also very impressed. We shall certainly use this hotel again as will our friends and maybe extend our visit by a day or two as the bus tube and rail transport links are so good as to make this a convenient base for visits to London attractions.

Room Tip: We prefer the rear of the building away from the busy Euston Road.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
FaithJohnston, Manager at Pullman London St Pancras Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear LIONEL_STruro,

Thank you very much indeed for your kind comments.

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay- something that we strive for with every guest !

Your review is greatly appreciated and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back for breakfast at the Golden Arrow in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

My wife and I stayed here for her fortieth birthday weekend so we were in a good mood as we entered (child-free for a night!) and the bowler-hatted doorman was a reassuring sight as he welcomed us through the front door. The hotel foyer is large, bright and modern with interesting decor. The staff, though, are the key to this hotel. Our room was upgraded by the smiling chap on reception due to my wife's birthday. We then had a surprise knock on the door as we were handed a tray with fresh fruit and a chocolate tart, along with a couple of wine glasses - guess they knew we'd open the £19 bottle that was already on the table, and they were right! We went out for dinner and the taxi ordered by the hotel for us was a lovely new Merc at decent price which was fixed up front to avoid stress. Next morning there was a long queue for breakfast because of tourist groups, and we probably would have had to stand in line for up to ten minutes had we not needed just a table for two. As it was, though, we were offered a table very quickly by an attentive waitress and the breakfast itself was excellent. I enquired about a taxi to the British museum and was told we could walk it in ten minutes. The receptionist drew us a route on a map she handed us and we were able to leave our luggage for free to pick up later in the day. All went like clockwork but most impressive and memorable was the unfailingly positive and smiling attention from the top class staff. Thank you all!

• Stayed: May 2014
FaithJohnston, Manager at Pullman London St Pancras Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Yetanotherreviewer,

Thank you so very much for your kind review.

I’m pleased that you chose to stay with us for your wife's 40th birthday celebration. And of course, what's a birthday without cake and a nice bottle of wine. I’m thrilled that found this to be a WOW factor.

Our breakfast buffet is quite remarkable and a favourite spot for our guests. Sometimes the queue can seem daunting but the wait is usually between 5 - 10 minutes only.

And I am glad to know that the rest of your time with us was also enjoyable; from our exclusive car service as well as the convenient same day luggage storage that we offer to our guests.

Thank you again and I hope to welcome you back soon!

Best,

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Terrific hotel with good sized rooms, comfy beds and very helpful staff. One of the best buffet breakfasts I've ever come across. Good value for money too. Being just 5 minutes walk from St Pancras, Euston and Kings Cross its near the tube with the West End and Oxford St just 10 minutes away. My wife and I always stay here when visiting London.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor and you may get a terrific view over London.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear JohnCSMartin,

Thank you very much indeed for your kind comments.

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay- something that we strive for with every guest!

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I cannot praise this hotel highly enough. Apart from the very efficient and friendly welcome at Reception, the Concierge went out of his way to help me. The room was super. And the location of the hotel itself was perfect for our needs (Eurostar departure the following day). I would unhesitatingly stay here again on another occasion.

Dear Max08Guernsey,

Thanks very much indeed for the kind review.

I’m very pleased to hear they we exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed your time with us. Our team is truly passionate about our guests' experience and I am glad it shows!

Hopefully we will see you again soon.

Best.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

My teenage daughters and I checked into the Pullman St. Pancras late at night (11pm). The night manager helped us with local sites, maps, and taking our luggage. We went up to our room with a view of Euston. While across the street they were doing construction, I couldn't hear any of it. The rooms are very soundproof, which helps with sleeping in with jetlag. The room was modern, comfortable and provided everything promised. It was less than a three minute walk to Kings Cross Station (and Platform 9 3/4). We went out after checking in to find some food and drink - there are plenty of small restaurants and stores around that are open late. We could get from the hotel to everywhere easily by the tube. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone (singles, couples or those travelling with children). The sofa bed was comfortable and the bed was EXTREMELY comfy! Being from Canada, I was a little perplexed by using the door key for keeping the lights on and the switches for the outlets, but it is a very smart option!

Wonderful experience and I will certainly stay here again when in London!

Room Tip: We faced Euston and it was extremely quiet just away from the elevators. The view from the 16th flo...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
FaithJohnston, Manager at Pullman London St Pancras Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Angela M,

Thank you very much indeed for your kind comments.

I am so pleased to hear that you and your daughters enjoyed all aspects of your stay- something that we strive for with every guest !

Your review is greatly appreciated and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Stayed at the Pullman to celebrate my mothers birthday. From the moment we arrived we were treated like VIP's from the reception staff,the restaurant staff and chefs who came to talk to us about the new menu, everyone was so helpful and friendly. The Golden Arrow restaurants new menu is well worth a visit, I can recommenced the Tiger Prawns and Scallops, Mum said the Lamb shank was the best she had ever tasted. They surprised my mum with a cake on her birthday which she was thrilled with. A very enjoyable stay in London and I would certainly recommend the Pullman to all.

1  Thank Trish W

Dear Trish W,,

Thanks very much indeed for the kind review.

I’m very pleased to hear they we exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed your time with us. We are glad to read that you and your family had a fabulous meal at the Golden Arrow. Our F&B Team will be so happy to know this.

We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Best.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

i am a frequent traveller and not easy to impress- i promise you one thing, you will be surprised what you will experience staying at this place- convenient location next to St. P. station, beautiful view specially from upper floors, fantastic breakfast buffet ( u might see the same in KL or Dubai) but above all the customer service and highest level of care and attention by staff. couldn't be better- its not the cheapest but definitely worth it.

Room Tip: definitely go for the higher floors- fantastic view
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mo M

Dear MoKooros,

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time here at the Pullman London St Pancras and we were able to impress you! That's quite an endorsement.

Your comments echo exactly the experience we wish for our guests and I’m so pleased that you enjoyed your breakfast with us. And it is a compliment to be compared to the other offerings in Dubai and KL.

Your comments are most gratefully appreciated.

I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back.

Best regards,