“Review of a stranded traveller”

Pullman London St Pancras Hotel
Ranked #118 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Northwich, United Kingdom
“Review of a stranded traveller”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Poor. That's pretty much sums the hotel up. And I say this not because of the staff or room cleanliness but because of it being grossly (I repeat grossly ) overpriced for the quality of room. The standard of the room is exactly that of a travel lodge and worth I would say £50 per night as opposed to the £360 which they charged me. If I could have found another place I would have. For that money you expect something quite special and I could not believe my eyes when I walked in the room. I thought there must have been more around the corner or at least a balcony. But no. Even for this money you have to pay an extra £15 for wifi and an extra £20 for breakfast. Utter utter utter joke. The only plus points was the friendliness of the staff and the hotel was at least clean. But seriously for the this money go somewhere special not here. Only suited to business people maybe requiring quick access to the nearby stations. Such ashame because for a more realistic fee it would have got 5 stars but the greed shown by this place ruins that. Ashame

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Mcdikrb2
FaithJohnston, Manager at Pullman London St Pancras Hotel, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Mcdikrb2,

Thank you for your review.

We appreciate that you took the time to share your concerns with us. I have personally shared them with our team for their immediate attention.

Thank you again and we hope we will have an opportunity to redeem ourselves. Please feel free to contact me if you do wish to stay with us again.

Guest Experience Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (772)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed 3 days and found that service of staff can be better When something goes wrong they blame a colleague :( We we asked when the room was ready the response was they could not kick out somebody since it was not 14.00 yet. Suprise was that the cleaning staff were very friendly. Breakfast was great, rooms were ok. In general we feel that the overall quality does not match the price of the hotel. We missed the passion of the people in the hotel.

Dear Wouter T,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

This is not the level of service that we provide to our guests or expect from our team. Please accept our sincere apologies. We pride ourselves in providing the best customer service to our guests and we will continue to place this emphasis with our team.

We are truly passionate for our guests and would appreciate another opportunity to welcome you back. Please feel free to contact me and I'll be happy to assist you.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Having stayed here numerous times on business, i must say this is an outstanding hotel. The decor is modern and tasteful, with very helpful stay, and fantastic large rooms. The breakfast selection in the morning is one of the largest i have ever seen. Very much worth every single penny!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
FaithJohnston, Manager at Pullman London St Pancras Hotel, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Medic2015,

Thank you very much indeed for your comments. ‘The first rate hotel' is quite an endorsement and I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future!

With my best regards.
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

We stayed in this hotel for a two day stay. We originally chose it because to its location, close to St Pancras station (convenient since we arrived on the Eurostar) and the Kings Cross St Pancras tube. It's just a five minute walk from either St Pancras or Euston.

The rooms are pretty well equipped with very comfortable beds (although the pillows are a bit hard) and a very convenient working desk. The size of the room was standard. The Wifi in the room is of very high speed. We were on the ninth floor and had a nice view of North London.

The fitness room on the fifth floor - with a view of St Pancras station and the British library - has nice cardiovascular equipment, a few weighlifting machines a good range of dumbbells. You get complimentary water and apple juice in the fitness room.

A very good aspect of the hotel is the breakfast buffet which is extensive with both English and continental options that were excellent.

Finally, if you're in a hurry, you can both checkout with someone at the reception desk or with an automated checkout booth (which was very handy in our case since there was a line for checkout).

Room Tip: A room in the higher floors to enjoy the view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Florian B,

Thank you very much indeed for the kind review. There is no better accolade than ‘perfect’ so I am very appreciative.

You have encapsulated exactly what we are trying to achieve and both the team and I truly appreciate your endorsement.

Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next stay in London. Please do let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Best regards,
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

This is an excellent hotel, with comfortable rooms and beautiful design. We stayed on business and found the staff to be attentive and helpful. The one drawback was the cleaning service, which was slow and inefficient. After leaving early in the morning on the first day to work across the street in the British Library, I returned for a brief rest after lunch to find the room unmade. When I called the cleaning staff, they were unresponsive. The same thing occurred the next day--in spite of mentioning the problem on the previous day when I left the hotel in the morning. In spite of this, I would recommend the hotel, which is a cut above most hotels in this area of London.

Dear NunuLosAngeles,

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Your kind comments are most gratefully received. Although, I’m sorry to hear that there were issues with our housekeeping services. I have personally addressed this issue with our Executive Housekeeper to ensure it is addressed immediately to prevent further occurence in the future.

Thanks very much indeed for your honest review and we appreciate your continued support of our hotel.

With my best regards,
Oakham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

This really is a wonderful hotel, perfectly situated between 3 major rails stations coming into North London. the food, service and staff are all first class and will meet all your needs whether yyou are staying on business or pleasure; the breakfast is one of the very best i have had in a hotel, anywhere, and there are multiple options for everyone and i mean everyone

Dear keith w,

Thank you so very much for your kind review.

I’m pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we met all your needs.

Our breakfast buffet at the Golden Arrow is a favourite with our guests and I am glad to read that you enjoyed it too! We hope to welcome you back again soon.

All the best,
Versailles, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

We booked a room for 2 nights
It was for my wife's birthday
We were upgraded in a deluxe room in an upper level, 15th floor, with view on London from Saint Paul, the City to Big Ben
Check-in was very fast and the room was available at noon
Some macarons were in the room and half an hour later someone knocked at the door with a cake for the birthday

Room is clean and nice, bed is huge and comfortable
Bathroom has a nice shower
A Nespresso machine is available to have some coffee during the stay, the same for the tea and a bottle of water per day

Location is practical , 3mn from Saint Pancras, and many buses and underground to go easily everywhere

Breakfast is great, certainly one of the best

We will certainly come back

Room Tip: Upper level
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
FaithJohnston, Manager at Pullman London St Pancras Hotel, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Capiou78,

Thank you so very much for your kind review.

I’m pleased that you chose to stay with us for your wife's birthday celebration. I trust that you had a wonderful time in London.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.