Pullman London St Pancras Hotel
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
US$203
4,696 results
All reviewsbritish libraryeuston roadgolden arrowkings crossdeluxe roommacaroonsrain showerexcellent hotelhigh floormodern hotelexcellent breakfastnespresso machineconvenient locationfew minutes walkexcellent stayan upgradeyogurt
Reviewed 31 August 2014

We booked during a private sale and got an excellent rate of £147 for a night in August in a superior room with breakfast. We took a chance on the e-upgrade offered before we checked in and selected the deluxe suite, the best room in the hotel, and we were successful. For just £81 extra we got three times the space, great views and superb facilities. If the kitchenette had been stocked with crockery (provided on the second time if asking) and if our morning paper had been delivered I would have awarded the hotel five TripAdvisor stars. Staff were friendly and attentive at all times and breakfast was excellent with the buffet constantly replenished. Accor took a chance with the substantial investment in this property as the area was then still very much in transition, but it's paid off. We'll definitely stay again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2014

For double the price, you are effectively getting an upscaled version of the Ibis hotel which is two minutes round the corner. The breakfast is essentially the same , the staff less polite and the clientele extremely pretentious. Four star prices for a three star hotel? Surly check in staff, tasteless decor and exorbitant bar prices.

There is not one reason, other than their occasional one-night-free deals, to choose this over the Ibis. You are essentially paying for views of the city, applewood smoked cheddar and a bellboy.

Very disappointing.

Room Tip: The higher you are, the better the views of the city and further away you are from the vain clubbers' bar.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
FaithJohnston, Manager at Pullman London St Pancras Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Dear TheMobileHatWearer,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

I am sorry to read that your experience with us was less than satisfactory. Our Welcomers are always on hand to assist and welcome our guests with a smile. We also strive to provide our guests with an enjoyable and memorable and it is disappointing to read that you did not feel the warm hospitality from us.

Best,
Faith J

Reviewed 30 August 2014

I had a very pleasant five-day stay at the Pullman St. Pancras over the August Bank Holiday weekend. Service at the hotel was a stand-out for the professionalism and helpfulness of all the staff I encountered, from reception to housekeeping to restaurant staff. Even though the hotel appeared to be fully booked during my stay, all was calm, quiet, and well-ordered, and I never had to wait for any service. This seems to be an exceptionally well-run hotel – one I’d be happy to return to on future London visits.

The first room I was given – a standard room on the sixth floor facing Euston Road – was extremely noisy. There was clearly something wrong with its soundproofing, as it sounded like traffic was roaring by right next to my ears. To the hotel’s credit, however, the problem was rectified right away when I called reception to request another room. The helpful porter who was dispatched to my room confirmed that the window was indeed properly shut and that the room’s soundproofing appeared to be defective. I was immediately offered another room – this one on the second floor, facing a side street. I was nervous about the noise from a second-floor room, but I need not have worried; the room turned out to be blissfully quiet, and as a bonus, it was a lot more spacious than the first room. Everything about the room was well-appointed, well-functioning and extremely clean. The hotel gets the small details right, too: The towels and bathrobes were thick, soft and fluffy; the rainfall shower had perfect water pressure and temperature; the lighting was ample but never too bright; the wi-fi was consistently fast and reliable; and the king-size bed was supremely comfortable. I was really able to settle in and feel at home in this cocoon of a room. And even though there was a pub right across the street, with its patrons spilling out onto outdoor tables on a busy Saturday night, no street noise ever penetrated the peace of the room.

The hotel has an excellent breakfast buffet (included in most room rates) with a wide variety of fresh, tasty foods to suit even the most finicky palates. Fresh-squeezed juices included not just OJ but also carrot; coffee choices included espresso drinks made to order; and both healthy and indulgent hot and cold food choices abounded. Best of all, despite the countless guests coming and going, the breakfast room never felt chaotic or stressful; instead, the efficient, courteous, hard-working staff made it a welcoming, peaceful way to start the day.

Although my room did not have a view, I took advantage of the public spaces in the hotel to enjoy panoramic views. A quick elevator ride up to the 15th or 16th floors, and I could relax with a cup of tea in an armchair, while gazing out over St. Pancras and the iconic skyscrapers of the City.

The hotel was perfectly positioned for my needs, as I arrived in London via Gatwick and left via Heathrow, so was able to take trains to/from King’s Cross/St. Pancras and easily walk to/from the hotel. Also, while in London, I was dividing my time between the West End and sights in Islington, Clerkenwell and the City, so the hotel’s location was ideal. Using the buses was especially convenient, as the British Library bus stop was either across the street from the hotel (in one direction) or only half a block away from the hotel (in the other direction).

In short, the Pullman met all my needs perfectly. I felt very safe, comfortable and welcome there as a solo female traveler, and I’m sure I’ll be back.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank travelbug61

Dear travelbug61,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Pullman London St Pancras and for sharing your review on TripAdvisor.

It is great to hear that our wonderful Welcomers have gone the extra mile to make sure your stay would meet your expectations! Our passionate team is dedicated to making all of our guests feel special.

The hotel is located in central London and a stone’s throw away from iconic landmarks and tourist attractions for our guests to embrace the soul and vibe of the city, and we are glad that you have taken advantage of this prime location. Our Welcomers are always happy to give tips to guests for the ultimate London experience!

I am delighted to read that you took some time to enjoy the panoramic views from the 15th floor - that's what those comfy red chairs are for!

Again, thank you for taking the time to share you experience, and we hope to see you again soon.

So kind regards,
F Johnston

Reviewed 30 August 2014

We spent 2 nights here, a special offer price for a standard room, which was excellent value considering the good location and the quality of the hotel. Very friendly and helpful staff from around the world, suberb breakfast, spacious and comfy bed, great view from the 6th floor window.
However, whilst the shower was fine, the washbasin area in the bathroom was cramped with hardly any shelf space for make up, toileteries etc. Also, a silly, sloping sink which splashed water everywhere and only tiny hooks to hang towels.There was no 3 point plug in the bathroom which excluded using a hair dryer and the mirror over the sink was not brilliant for applying make up.
The above points would have mattered less if there had been a dressing table area of some sort in the bedroom area but there was not even a mirror! I ended up drying and straightening my hair just inside the room entrance, using a picture on the wall to see my reflection! I did discuss this with staff who explained there should have been a mirror inside the wardrobe but it must have got broken and been removed! There was plenty of bare wall space where mirrors could have been positioned close to power points.
I am retired and was enjoying a weekend in London but I would have been disappointed with this room if I was a professional female getting ready for a meeting or an interview.
I wonder if the room was designed by a man?

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear sparky50,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Your kind comments are most gratefully received. Although, I’m sorry to read that you experienced some design issues with your room. Your feedback is truly valuable in order for us to provide the kind of service that our guests have come to expect.

Please feel free to contact me when you plan to stay with us the next time.

With my best regards.
F Johnston

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com