“Great weekend”

Ranked #7 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Great weekend”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Montcalm to celebrate my 60th birthday over the May Bank Holiday weekend. Everything went extremely well and I was pleasantly surprised to find a birthday cake provided by the hotel in our room - very nice it was too.

From the moment we arrived to our departure the service at reception, in the restaurant and in the bar was excellent, and everyone had a smile and a hello when you went past.

We strongly recommend and will definitely stay again.

Pity they couldn't do something about the weather...........

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Alexander_Henskens, General Manager at The Montcalm London Marble Arch, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Graham H,

Please allow me to hereby wish you once more a Happy (albeit belated) Birthday! I am ever so pelased that you enjoyed your stay on this special occasion and that our team managed to exceed your expectations; I am also delighted to see that you feel comfortable recommending our hotel following your recent experience.

Should your travels next take you to the West End, I hope you will consider the Montcalm again as your preferred destination. If you require any assistance at all with the making of any bookings, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (331)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
athens
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel is probably the nicest i have stayed in the London area. The staff very proffesional and polite. You can see the hotel is either brand new or has recently been refurbished . It is beatuifull inside and very modern. The toiletries it offers are frm a good brand called Elemis and the bathroom is nice and spacious. The room is nice with a nice added feature of aromatherapy and special pillows based on what you need. Also important that we did have an issue with an extra dressing gown we needed which took some time to get but the manager handled it very well in the end.
On a slight negative it could be slightly bigger as a room and bed but would easily recommend it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Alexander_Henskens, General Manager at The Montcalm London Marble Arch, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Skag181,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share this lovely review on Tripadvisor. I am ever so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that our physical product as well as the staff and service were able to exceed your expectations. Which of our pillows did you prefer in the end? Personally I am a big fan of the shape-your-sleep pillows; they shape themselves around your neck, resulting in the ultimate comfort! I am very sorry about the delay with the getting the extr abathrobe to you, but glad that it was resolved to your satsifaction. Rest assured that this has been followed up on internally.
I hope that on your next visit to London you will pay us another visit; should you require any assistance at all with the making of future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Put simply the Montcalm is one of the best hotels we have stayed in. (If not the best!)

Everything from Check In to Check out was special and made you feel a valued guest. Cleanliness top notch, bed was extremely comfortable, rooms spacious and modern and a shower you won't want to get out of!

On site restaurant Sixty One is amazing and not to be missed. Breakfasts are also superb and everything you could possibly want is on the menu to order freshly cooked.

Other points:-

- On street parking directly outside the hotel if driving. Sat Nav found it easily. Free from 6pm Sat - Monday am
- location just a stride from Marble Arch and Hyde Park. Great Walk if weather right. If not a lovely big umbrella hangs in your wardrobe.
- Staff friendly and helpful
- Concierge booked us a great restaurant at short notice.
- Champagne Bar in hotel is great. Bar guy (sorry didn't get his name but Leyton Orient fan!) was a pleasure to chat with.
- Spa looks great but didn't try it this time
- Room service quick and nothing too much trouble
- 10 mins taxi (in medium traffic) to theatre land £12-15.00

Do not miss this gem of a London Hotel! We will be back very soon.

Room Tip: Higher rooms are the best. Club room accesses club lounge on 6th floor for free drinks, afternoon t...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Alexander_Henskens, General Manager at The Montcalm London Marble Arch, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Steve H,

Thank you so much for incredibly detailed review! How nice to read that your experience at the Montcalm was such a positive one and that you rate us so highly! Adrian, our bartender, is indeed still devastated at having lost the big match last weekend, but has requested me to thank you for the wonderful words as well!

It is great to see the Montcalm has established itself as your first choice destination in London; when you do decide to visit us again, please feel free to contact me directly and it would be my pleasure to assist in any way possible.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

The grand ballroom at the Montcalm is the perfect place to organise conferences and cocktails. It has this little "wow" effect that we were looking for.
Very nice features and lovely staff.
The only negative point, I would say, is the PA system that could definitely be improved but was not overall a major issue.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear JulieSerriere,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your experience of your recent event on Tripadvisor. I am glad that despite the inconvenience caused due to the PA system, your over all impression of The Grand Ballroom at the Montcalm remains a positive one. Rest assured that this has been followed up on internally, and that the positive feedback has been shared with all those involved.

I hope that you will consider the Ballroom as well for your next event and we hope to hear from you again soon!

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Me and my, now fiancee, had the most amazing time at the MontCalm. I informed the manageress of my plan to propose to my gf and I can guarantee the experience would not have been the same without her help. The room was huge and pretty spectacular, they put rose petals on the bed in the shape of a heart, chocolates strawberries, champagne, etc... an the bath tub was big enough to have fun with my gf ;).
Would I be back? Definitely. I think the MontCalm is a great hotel, with the food being lovely, the staff all so friendly and helpful, the spa ridiculously relaxing and smiles all around.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Alexander_Henskens, General Manager at The Montcalm London Marble Arch, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear John B,

Congratulations on your recent engagement! How thrilling to read that the Montcalm provided you with the right backdrop for the proposal and that all worked out according to plan! Thank you for this lovely feedback; rest assured your kind words will be disseminated amongst the team here to reward those involved. Should you need a place to stay during your honeymoon, you now know where to find us!

Reviewed 22 May 2014

I treated my lady to a 3 course meal for her birthday. From the moment I explained it was a treat for my partners birthday i received such a warmth service making me feel at ease, the telephone service were also very helpful with all inquiries.

Everything went smoothly from start to finish, I specifically asked in advance if they can snap some pictures of me and my partner on her birthday and also told them i'll be bringing a cake along with me for them to bring it out for her which they agreed to and were happy to help out in any way possible.
Unfortunately due to the time i was unable to get the cake without her noticing i was up to something.I had asked the restaurant if they can arrange a cake for her, they told me they couldn't provide a cake as the chef only had pastries at that time but at the end they brought out a beautiful decorated chocolate cake saying happy birthday for her with a lighted candle which my partner loved so much and made her happy with a big smile on her face. Without the input of a particular staff named Omkar it wouldn't have been an overall 5 star experience.

Welcoming hotel, highly recommended.

Dear David L,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor following your recent meal with us. I am delighted that our team, with Omkar in particular, were able to exceed your expectations during this special occasion. I hope that the next time you will pay us a visit, you will also have the chance to try out our accommodation, so that you can get the full Montcalm experience!

Should you require any assitance at all in the future with the making of any bookings, please do not hesitate to contact me directly, and it would be my pleasure to assist in any way possible.

Witham Friary, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I received a gift voucher for a spa and champagne lunch which I was lucky enough to use here- the whole experience was wonderful. All the staff were polite, helpful and friendly and the facilities lovely. The meal was delicious and had great choices to choose from. Thank you for a fantastic day!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Alexander_Henskens, General Manager at The Montcalm London Marble Arch, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Sophie G,

I am very pleased to see that you enjoyed your time here at the Montcalm's Spa and the Afternoon Tea; thank you for having shared this on Tripadvisor.
I hope that the next time you will pay us a visit you will have the chance to test our overnight accommodation as well; should you require any assistance at all with the making of any bookings, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and it would be my pleasure to assist in any way possible.