“Cool and chic”

The Montcalm London Marble Arch
Ranked #6 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I visited The Montcalm for afternoon tea with my sister. We arrived early so wasn't sure if we had to wait but we didn't have to the staff were lovely, constantly topping up the tea and asking if we wanted more sandwiches. We didn't have to have tea we could have chosen from a selection of Teas or Coffees. After eating the sandwiches and scones we really struggled to eat the cakes so these were wrapped for us to take away. The staff were amazing the hotel is lovely and just a very short walk from Marble Arch.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Alexander_Henskens, General Manager at The Montcalm London Marble Arch, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear Veronica058,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share this lovely review on Tripadvisor following your visit to the Crescent. I am delighted that you enjoyed the experience and that the staff, service, and product were able to meet your expectations; rest assured that this fantastic feedback will be shared with all those involved. Hopefully, the next time you will also have the chance to try out our bedrooms for an overnight stay to the get the full 'Montcalm' experience.
I hope to be able to welcome you back in person in the not too distant future, and in the meantime, wish you well.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,108)

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I travel to London quite a few times a year and i value a hotel that puts in the extra effort to spoil you a little. I discovered The Montcalm about eight months ago and i have been treated extremely well on each occasion I've stayed. It is now without question my favorite hotel in London. The staff make every effort to upgrade you if they can and, on many occasions i have had a very pleasant surprise when checking in to discover a bigger and more special room than i had originally booked. The basement rooms are very large and the Presidential Suite with the four poster bed with a ceiling of special star like lights that change colour makes you want to spend so much time enjoying such beautiful surroundings, you almost forget that Oxford Street is just around the corner! The rooms have very comfortable mattresses, i sleep so soundly every time I've stayed here, Once you enter your room you can shut out everything and replenish your energy reserves for the next day. The rooms have some very cool features, including the glass partition between the bedroom and bathroom that at the touch of a button, can be frosted, or see through (for the more extrovert among us). The rooms and bathrooms have lots of lights that change colour to suit all moods and the showers have lots of different features which is a nice addition. The champagne bar is very luxurious with rich surroundings, while the club lounge offers very private and comfortable moments, allowing the body and mind to escape the noise and pace of the city temporarily. I have to make a special mention of Amanda Augusto who is an extremely professional yet friendly manager. She has introduced herself personally to me on a previous stay and insisted, if i needed anything i was to approach her directly. I have to say that everyone here gives a very polished service leaving you want for nothing. I really can't rate this hotel highly enough. I have never been made to feel so special and this hotel makes for some very special memories of my trips to London. Thanks to all the lovely staff at The Montcalm.

Room Tip: Basement rooms are very spacious and the suites are highly impressive . . . .
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Alexander_Henskens, General Manager at The Montcalm London Marble Arch, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Nora r,

Oh my, what an amazing review, it almost looks like it could have been written by a member of our Marketing Team! Thank you so much for having taken such a considerable amount of your time writing this stunning review; I am thrilled to see that the Team, and Amanda in particular, have been able to exceed your expectations over the last 8 months and turn you in to part of the Montcalm 'family'!
As you have witnessed first hand, from the four poster beds in our Suites, to the 'Magic Glass' in the bathrooms in our Club Rooms & Suites, we indeed try our best to keep up with the times and offer the latest technologies in our rooms to make sure we make our guests' stays as comfortable at all times; and it is fantastic to see when this gets noticed!

Thank you again for this review, and I hope to be able to welcome you back in the not too distant future!

Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

An impressive hotel stayed over on business the main hotel has excellent facilities and a very good location 5 minuets walk from the tube. Breakfast was a little disappointing but not the worst I've ever had. A fantastic team offering brilliant service.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Alexander_Henskens, General Manager at The Montcalm London Marble Arch, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Glyn A,

Thank you very much for having taken some of your precious time to share this review. I am pleased that despite your concerns regarding our breakfast, your over all impression of the Montcalm remains a positive one; rest assured that your praise for our staff and service will be shared and celebrated with the entire team.
I would cherish the opportunity to discuss with you in person into further detail what exactly was lacking in our breakfast offer, for example food quality or service related, so that we can attempt to improve our products and servcies for the future, and have sent you a private message accordingly in the hope of hearing from you.

I also hope to be able to welcome you back in person on your next trip to London, whether for business or leisure, and in the meantime, wish you well.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Having stayed at several London hotels over the last twenty years , I can say that THE MONTCALM LONDON is true to its name - a haven of calm , just minutes away from the hustle and bustle of Oxford Street. It is THE place to be for elegant , modern luxe , state-of-the-art bedrooms and bathrooms and professional, attentive staff that leave you feeling pampered like no other. And it all comes at great value !
My special thanks go to the Guest Experience Manager , Janine Mallia , who made my stay even more memorable with her unique touch.

Sandra Fsadni , Malta

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear SandraFsadni,

On behalf of Janine and the rest of the team here at the Montcalm, thank you so much for having shared this fantastic review on Tripadvisor. I am delighted that the product, staff and service were able to exceed your expectations, and greatly look forward to welcoming you back in the hopefully not too distant future so that you can relax again with us, away from the 'hustle and bustle'!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I recently stayed at the Montcalm with my granddaughter for her birthday. I have stayed there before about 4 years ago and had a lovely experience. The night before we left i received a phone call from Daisy in guest relations, she asked what my granddaughter likes and if she had any allergies. Upon arrive at The Montcalm we was greeting by very friendly staff, checking in we met Daisy who had upgraded our stay to a suite for my granddaughters birthday. She was very excited and could not wait to get in the room. Daisy showed us up to our suite and said she had a surprise, there was a book about horses and gluten free brownies in the room. I was very touched about this thoughtful gesture. Overall are stay was brilliant, all staff was very friendly and Daisy defiantly made our stay special. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and for sure stay there again myself.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lynn F

Dear Mrs Field,

I am ever so pleased that you and your daughter had such a great experience during your recent stay here with us at the Montcalm, clearly helped tremendously by the personal attention and care from Daisy; I have shared your review with her, and she has requested me to express her gratitude to you for the lovely feedback and kind words. I hope that your next stay with us will come sooner rather than later, and greatly look forward to welcoming you back in person in the future.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

booked for overnight stay Saturday 31 may for anniversary and big fight at Wembley.
reserved a standard room but received a free upgrade upon arrival to park lane (room 110) suite along with free bottle of champagne and strawberries along with beautiful card for anniversary.
upgrade to club room with drinks also.
janine on reception was fantastic and made us feel very welcome in fact i was taken aback at how polite and helpful all the staff were.
the room was out of this world as was the rest of the hotel.
i have received countless emails off daisy the guest relations manger before,during and after our stay to make sure all was ok
never that that before at any other hotel.
breakfast in the morning was fantastic with staff again ever so helpful.
this has to be the best hotel in London and we will definitely be returning as soon as possible

thank you once again janine and daisy for our wonderful stay.

Room Tip: any room is fantastic but 110 is out of this world
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Alexander_Henskens, General Manager at The Montcalm London Marble Arch, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Mr McGarvey,

I hope you enjoyed the fight at Wembley as much as your stay at hotel; it really was quite the battle! Were you supporting Froch or Groves? In any case, thank you very much for having taken some of your precious time to write this lovely review about our staff and service. Rest assured that your feedback has been shared with Daisy and Janine, who both also requested me to express their gratitude to you for the kind words. We all hope to be able to welcome you back soon and remain entirely at your disposal should you require any assistance at all with the making of future bookings.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed at the Marble Arch by Montcalm which came as a surprise as we thought we'ed booked the main hotel across the road,but the fantastic level of service and the lovely modern rooms soon allayed any misgivings.The location is great for Oxford St and Theatreland.Thank you Mr Bakshi&Staff

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear paul i,

Thank you very much for having taken the time share your experience online following your recent stay with us at the Montcalm. I am very sorry about the confusion with regards to our sister property, however very pleased that Ankur and the team were able to recover this to ensure you have left with a positive impression of the hotel and our services.

I hope to be able to meet you in person as well on your next stay with us, which will hopefully be in the not too distant future!