“Looking forward to going back”

The Montcalm London Marble Arch
Ranked #8 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Hong Kong
“Looking forward to going back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

I routinely stay at the Montcalm for business trips and have enjoyed my experience each time. The location is key - close walking distance to the tube, easy to get taxis, and just minutes from restaurants and shops nearby as well as Hyde Park. The service is great, and the staff are attentive and always keen to make sure things go smoothly. The amenities are nice, and full breakfast spread a great way to start the day.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Alexander_Henskens, General Manager at The Montcalm London Marble Arch, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear globetrot123,

Thank you so much for having taken the time to write a review, and I am ecstatic that the Team has managed to convert you into part of the 'Montcalm Family'. I hope to be able to welcome you back in person on your next stay with us and please do note that should you ever wish for us to personalise your stay in any way, do not hesitate to ask!

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Prague, Czech Republic
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Visited this Hotel in April for the second time.
Location is great, close to Marble Arch and quietly set off ther road in a small crescent.
Check in was ok although disappointing that the charge the entire room bill upon arrival rather than just taking card details.
Lovely bar with knowledgable cocktail waiter and well appointed rooms and spacious.

Breakfast though was incredibly disappointing. Slow service (waiting 15 mins for some cheese to be brought out), tables left uncleaned, poor selection of food and food poorly cooked and presented. For a supposed 5 star hotel this is not what one expects. It was more like a travelodge breakfast.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BDPW
Alexander_Henskens, General Manager at The Montcalm London Marble Arch, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear BDPW ,

Thank you for having shared this detailed and constructive review and I am very sorry that the listed breakfast concerns caused a blemish on what otherwise seemed like an enjoyable experience; Rest assured that I have followed up on this internally to avoid any future reoccurance.

I have also sent you a private message in the hope of discussing further and greatly look forward to hearing from you.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed 5 wonderful days at the MONTCALM.
Fantastic location. Very nice and comfortable rooms.
Very freindly and efficient staff.
After staying in many hotels around the world-it was our best experience.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Alexander_Henskens, General Manager at The Montcalm London Marble Arch, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Hadassa K,

'The best hotel in the world', WOW, what a great review! Thank you for the kind words and I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and that our product, staff, and service contributed to an unforgettable stay. I hope that the next time your travels take you to London you will visit us again; should you require any assistance at all with the making of any future reservations, please do not hesitate to get in touch directly.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

My daughter and I stayed here for one night in April for my birthday. We wanted to see a show and also go shopping in Harrods and stay in a smaller but comfortable hotel. We were very pleasantly surprised. The customer service was really first rate. The staff were friendly and attentive . They surprised us by leaving complimentary cakes and sparkling wine for my birthday with a nice note. The hotel is in an excellent location and is very comfortable and stylish but not too big or impersonal. This will definitely be our hotel of choice for our next trip to London.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Karen D,

Thank you for having taken some of your precious time to share this lovely review about our staff and services. I am thrilled that our team was able to exceed your expectations throughout your recent visit with us at the Montcalm London Marble Arch, and for such a special occasion at that! I hope to be able to personally welcome you back rather sooner than later , and remain entirely at your disposal should you require any assistance at all, whether now or in the future.

Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

i came to Montcalm last year in August and i spend 20 days till i found apartment in Southampton the place where i will do my master and from the first day i was surrounded by wonderful people especial care and hospitality especial in my birthday .the staff are super outstanding in helping and they try to make the life very easy .and i like to mention my thanks for laura johansson and ankur for there kindness and really i feel that i am surrounded by my family . since that time till the near future i will not chance the hotel. also the location , safety, rooms service are excellent .finally ,the spa and club lunch are outstanding for relax and leisure .Highly recommended

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Alexander_Henskens, General Manager at The Montcalm London Marble Arch, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Fatima A,

On behalf of Ankur, Laura, and the rest of the team here at the Montcalm, thank you so much for having written this lovely review! It was wonderful having you here with us all this time and we would like to wish you the best of luck and happiness with your new home; just please do not forget about us!

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

I stayed in The Montcalm twice this month and my first stay was good, I had a little problem but its been fixed by the guest relation service, and I have to say their service is outstanding, the location is perfect for both business and leisure, the hotel staff is really discreet and efficient and the quality of service is five star plus,
I will go back again very soon as I travel to London every month and from my last stay i can say that I feel like home at the montcalm,
and please do visit the bar they have a really good champagne call andré jaquard that the bartender made me discover and by the way the bar team is excellent and very very professional.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank julien B
Alexander_Henskens, General Manager at The Montcalm London Marble Arch, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Julien B,

I am ever so pleased that the Guest Experience Team was able to recover the problem you encountered and managed to turn your stay around, leading you to feel comfortable enough to write this fabulous recommendation for our staff and services on Tripadvisor.Rest assured that your review will be shared with them, as well as our Bar Team.
I hope to be able to welcome you back in the not too distant future and remain entirely at your disposal should you require any assistance at all with the making of any future arrangements.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

I recently booked my virgin spa experience at the Montcalm. From the initial booking to the event it was a fantastic experience. We were given full use of all facilities all day. The level customer service from spa staff was outstanding. The experience was purchased as my birthday present and was topped off by a lovely birthday card and goodie bag from Martina, the staff member who I had been in contact with to arrange the day. I usually don't write reviews but the great customer service received has made it a delight to do so on this occasion. Highly recommended. Christine J.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Christine J,

I have just shared your review with Martina, who was completely over the moon for the wonderful recognition; On behalf of her and the rest of the team here at the Montcalm, thank you so much for having gone through the effort of writing this, and I am thrilled to read that your expectations were exceeded during your day visit.
I hope that the next time we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back it will be for an overnight stay so you can enjoy the complete 'Montcalm Experience'; should you require any assistance at all with making any arrangements, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.