“Wonderful stay”

Ranked #9 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Midhurst, United Kingdom
“Wonderful stay”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I was taken here for a birthday treat by my son and his partner and it was a fantastic experience . My room was perfect and they were upgraded to the 'Wow Suite' which certainly lived up to its name , I had a birthday cake waiting in the room when we arrived and all the little extras made it very special. The staff were polite and friendly and nothing was too much trouble , We had afternoon tea as well which was perfect . The location is very convenient and would hightly recommend it to anyone needing somewhere special to stay in central London

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Alexander_Henskens, General Manager at The Montcalm London Marble Arch, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Janflo19,

Please allow me to hereby wish you once more a Happy (albeit belated) Birthday! I am glad that the upgrade to the Wow suite was well received and contributed positively to the experience. Thank you very much for having taken the time to share this fantastic review, and I greatly look forward to personally welcoming you back in the hopefully not too distant future!

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (336)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We were very pleased with the Montcalm. The staff are uber friendly and the rooms are brilliant. Location is vey central. Its is definitely a place to return to as we will be doing. Its well worth staying

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Rob S
Dear Rob S,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to write a review on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay and that you feel comfortable recommending our product and services; whenever your travels next take you to London, please do not hesitate to contact any member of our team and we will ensure another fabulous experience!

Manchester, England
Reviewed 30 July 2014

It is abundantly clear that everyone in this hotel is working together very hard to ensure nothing but an excellent customer experience.
We only stayed one night simply out of convenience as we have an office not too far away which we were working from the next day. My wife and I arrived on a Sunday afternoon and were met with a very friendly welcome.
During our short stay we sampled the restaurant for Afternoon Tea and breakfast. On both occasions it was superb in terms of quality and service.
The hotel itself is spotless and well appointed. We had the most basic of room types but this did not disappoint in any respect and was very comfortable and came complete with a range of complimentary items.
Best of all, however, was customer service - nothing was ever too much trouble and, without exception, all staff appear to leave no stone unturned when dealing with guests.
Given all this, the room rate represented excellent value for money.
There's no doubt whatsoever that we'd stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear MikeHibb666,

Oh wow, what an amazing review! Rest assured that your lovely comments will be shared and celebrated amongst the entire team as an example of what can be achieved if we work together to create truly unforgettable guest experiences. I hope that your recent experience has enticed you to visit us once more when you need to get away from the hustle and bustle of hectic London life; should you require any assistance at all with the making of future bookings, please do contact me direclty and it would be my pleasure to personally assist in any way possible.

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My husband and I went to London to meet my parents who were staying 2 minutes down the street from us at The Cumberland. We originally tried to get a room at the same hotel as my parents so that we could be in the same place but found it to be a little out of the price range we were willing to pay. I went on line and found The Montcalm at the Marble Arch. I was magnificent!!! The staff was just wonderful and a pleasure to talk to, everyone was more that accommodating and very friendly. The room was small if you are comparing it to the rooms you see in the states but it was just fabulous. The bed was comfortable, there was complementary bottled water and more than enough variety in the mini bar. This hotel was rated as a 4 start and The Cumberland is rated as a 5 star. As far as I am concerned that is backwards. The staff at The Cumberland was very short and rude when we tried to see if my parents checked in there and the room they were in was like a small box with a table and chair. Not much at all to look at I don't understand how this hotel is rated a 5 star. My husband and I will definitely stay at The Montcalm at the Marble Arch anytime that we are in London from this point on. Well Done!!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SRSpencer
Alexander_Henskens, General Manager at The Montcalm London Marble Arch, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear SRSpencer,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to write such a lovely review on Tripadvisor! I am thrilled that the service provided by our Team has exceeded your expectations and managed to turn you into part of the 'Family'; I would like to mention however, just to avoid any confusion, that we are in fact a five star hotel, not a four star. Therefore exceptional service is the least you can expect from us! I very much look forward to personalyl meeting you on your next stay with us and remain entirely at your disposal should you require any assistance at all with the making of future booings.

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I can not praise this hotel and its staff enough, the rooms are modern, comfortable and luxurious. I had a fantastic nights sleep. The hotel is a calm oasis in a busy part of central London. I arrived after taking ill on a flight into London and the staff made my room availble early, allowing me to sleep and recover and ensure I made my next flight a day later to continue my trip.
Wonderful place, facilities and staff.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Ian M,

I am thrilled to see that our physicual product and service levels were able to exceed your expectations and thank you very much for having written this lovely review! I hope you have by now fully recovered and look forward to hopefully welcoming you back in the near future!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We had a fun day out in London and then came to celebrate my partners 30th birthday at the Montcalm. From the initial booking with Mandeep at reservations and the rest of the handling by general manager Laura everthing superseded our expectations. Could not believe Laura had upgraded us to the "Wow Suite" and had waiting a bottle of cool white wine with birthday cake and balloons in the room. We went out for dinner as was quite late and came back for cocktails at their bar. We had a "skin full" - but tasted sooo nice. Once we checked out - the lovely Laura came and asked how our stay was? We were both fully complimentry on the superb service she had provided.
We have been invited for drinks and are sure to return and stay at the hotel once again. Many thanks Laura and hope to see you soon!!!

Room Tip: Be polite always and if you ask nicely you may get a free upgrade...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank B S
Alexander_Henskens, General Manager at The Montcalm London Marble Arch, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear BS,

On behalf of Mandeep, Laura, and the rest of the team here at the Montcalm, thank you so much for having shared this fabulous review on Tripadvisor! I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the service provided by our Team was able to exceed your expectations; we are indeed very lucky to have such passionate individuals that will go above and beyond for our guests at every opportunity. I am also very glad that the room upgrade was well received; the WOW suite really is breathtaking, isn't it? From the four poster bed to the magic glass in the bathroom, to the royally sized living room, it just has everything one could ask for during a weekend away.
I hope that your experience has converted you in to part of the 'Montcalm Family' and that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future; in the meantime, I wish you all the best and a happy entrance into the 30's!

Gravesend, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stayed there to celebrate my birthday. We had a fantastic time. The service was fantastic. Staff were helpful and friendly. Was given complimentary fruit platter, and sparkling wine. Hotel was lovely. Would definitely stay again.

The only thing that was slightly disappointing was the size of the pool. But other than that. Great hotel, excellent staff!
thanks for making my birthday great!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Alexander_Henskens, General Manager at The Montcalm London Marble Arch, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear PHD580415,

Please allow me to hereby wish you once more a Happy, albeit belated, Birthday! Thank you for having taken some of your precious time to share this fabulous review on Tripadvisor; I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay on this special occasion and that the service provided by our team exceeded your expectations, contributing to an enjoyable stay. On the other hand, I am very sorry that our Exercise Pool did not live up to said expectations. It is true that it is fairly limited in size, which is why we have equipped it with a state of the art jetstream mechanism to facilitate a proper work out despite the size. I hope that our Spa team has explained this on arrival, however, if for any reason it was missed, please accept my sincere apologies.

I do hope that your recent experience will entice you to book with us again, in which case I greatly look forward to personally meeting you in the hopefully not too distant future.