“Had problems but GM dealt with them very well, excellent.”

The Montcalm London Marble Arch
Ranked #8 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Birmingham
“Had problems but GM dealt with them very well, excellent.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

When we checked in to the hotel we were very impressed with the service we received from the staff, the room was large with some very unique features, the bathroom had just about everything you could imagine a bathroom could have and more, the bed was extremely comfortable as was the pillows, the air con worked very well and the mini bar was well stocked, the room was also very quiet, but I have to say the room was a little dull with poor lighting, we did have some problems with the room tv which at first was not dealt with very well, but then the General Manager Alexander became involved and was extremely helpful and efficient in dealing with our problem, our faith was totally restored in the hotel again, Alexander showed he was very much in control and demonstrated the high quality experience he expects his clients to receive, thank you for your help Alexander it was a pleasure to deal with you.
The food that we had in the hotel was outstanding, the service in the restaurant was first class, the club bar was excellent again with brilliant service.
The help and advice we received from the concierge was well above and beyond the call of duty, he was amazing, again thank you.
We are planning on staying in this hotel again in a few weeks time, which we are looking forward to, well worth the money and well worth the experience.

Room Tip: The club room gives you access to the club bar which is well wort paying for.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ahfd
Alexander_Henskens, General Manager at The Montcalm London Marble Arch, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear ahfd,

Thank you very much for having taken to Tripadvisor to share your feedback following your recent stay with us, and even more so for your kind words. I am thrilled that we managed to turn your stay around so that you have been left with a positive impression of the Montcalm and the service we strive to provide.

I look forward to meeting you again on your next stay with us, and wish you a lovely week ahead.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

I think this was the best hotel experience I have ever had. The customer service pre, during and post stay was exceptional. I was upgraded to the WOW suite which really was wow. I will only ever stay in a Montcalm hotel now - superb and thank you for looking after me and making me feel special

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Mirriemm
Dear Mirriemm,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share this lovely review! I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the upgrade to the WOW suite was well received; it really is quite the room isn't it? From the four poster bed, the complimentary Nespresso machine, all the way through to the magic glass in the bathroom, it is fully equipped to provide our guests with a truly once in a lifetime experience!
I am thrilled that we have managed to convert you into part of 'The Family' and greatly look forward to welcoming you back and meeting you in person; should you require any assistance at all with the making of future bookings, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Our only disappointment with the Montcalm was only staying one night! We found the staff very accommodating even before our arrival. Laura the customer experience manager delivered a very personal service, was kind enough to give us an upgrade and we were even surprised with a delivery of some delicious complimentary non-alcoholic drinks (as I'm pregnant) which was a lovely touch. The room was spotless, well appointed and modern (a club twin), and the location is simply excellent. Highly recommended

• Stayed July 2014
Alexander_Henskens, General Manager at The Montcalm London Marble Arch, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Natlefox,

On behalf of Laura and the rest of the team here at the Montcalm, thank you so much for having shared your feedback on Tripadvisor! Rest asured your kind words will be shared and celebrated amongst the team. I wish you all the best in the upcoming months and look forward to welcoming you and the new addition to your family back when the time is right!

Midhurst, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

I was taken here for a birthday treat by my son and his partner and it was a fantastic experience . My room was perfect and they were upgraded to the 'Wow Suite' which certainly lived up to its name , I had a birthday cake waiting in the room when we arrived and all the little extras made it very special. The staff were polite and friendly and nothing was too much trouble , We had afternoon tea as well which was perfect . The location is very convenient and would hightly recommend it to anyone needing somewhere special to stay in central London

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Janflo19,

Please allow me to hereby wish you once more a Happy (albeit belated) Birthday! I am glad that the upgrade to the Wow suite was well received and contributed positively to the experience. Thank you very much for having taken the time to share this fantastic review, and I greatly look forward to personally welcoming you back in the hopefully not too distant future!

Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

We were very pleased with the Montcalm. The staff are uber friendly and the rooms are brilliant. Location is vey central. Its is definitely a place to return to as we will be doing. Its well worth staying

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Rob S
Dear Rob S,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to write a review on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay and that you feel comfortable recommending our product and services; whenever your travels next take you to London, please do not hesitate to contact any member of our team and we will ensure another fabulous experience!

Manchester, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

It is abundantly clear that everyone in this hotel is working together very hard to ensure nothing but an excellent customer experience.
We only stayed one night simply out of convenience as we have an office not too far away which we were working from the next day. My wife and I arrived on a Sunday afternoon and were met with a very friendly welcome.
During our short stay we sampled the restaurant for Afternoon Tea and breakfast. On both occasions it was superb in terms of quality and service.
The hotel itself is spotless and well appointed. We had the most basic of room types but this did not disappoint in any respect and was very comfortable and came complete with a range of complimentary items.
Best of all, however, was customer service - nothing was ever too much trouble and, without exception, all staff appear to leave no stone unturned when dealing with guests.
Given all this, the room rate represented excellent value for money.
There's no doubt whatsoever that we'd stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear MikeHibb666,

Oh wow, what an amazing review! Rest assured that your lovely comments will be shared and celebrated amongst the entire team as an example of what can be achieved if we work together to create truly unforgettable guest experiences. I hope that your recent experience has enticed you to visit us once more when you need to get away from the hustle and bustle of hectic London life; should you require any assistance at all with the making of future bookings, please do contact me direclty and it would be my pleasure to personally assist in any way possible.

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

My husband and I went to London to meet my parents who were staying 2 minutes down the street from us at The Cumberland. We originally tried to get a room at the same hotel as my parents so that we could be in the same place but found it to be a little out of the price range we were willing to pay. I went on line and found The Montcalm at the Marble Arch. I was magnificent!!! The staff was just wonderful and a pleasure to talk to, everyone was more that accommodating and very friendly. The room was small if you are comparing it to the rooms you see in the states but it was just fabulous. The bed was comfortable, there was complementary bottled water and more than enough variety in the mini bar. This hotel was rated as a 4 start and The Cumberland is rated as a 5 star. As far as I am concerned that is backwards. The staff at The Cumberland was very short and rude when we tried to see if my parents checked in there and the room they were in was like a small box with a table and chair. Not much at all to look at I don't understand how this hotel is rated a 5 star. My husband and I will definitely stay at The Montcalm at the Marble Arch anytime that we are in London from this point on. Well Done!!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SRSpencer
Alexander_Henskens, General Manager at The Montcalm London Marble Arch, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear SRSpencer,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to write such a lovely review on Tripadvisor! I am thrilled that the service provided by our Team has exceeded your expectations and managed to turn you into part of the 'Family'; I would like to mention however, just to avoid any confusion, that we are in fact a five star hotel, not a four star. Therefore exceptional service is the least you can expect from us! I very much look forward to personalyl meeting you on your next stay with us and remain entirely at your disposal should you require any assistance at all with the making of future booings.