2,562 results
All reviews guest experience manager wow suite oxford street the club lounge park lane suite hermes toiletries presidential suite rose petals glass of prosecco four poster bed on arrival spa facilities afternoon tea hyde park special thanks birthday treat amazing hotel
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights recently, we were welcomed by the friendliest doorman, and the reception staff were also pleasant, although didn't provide basic information, such as checkout time, this could be due to her attention being split three ways, between us, training another member of staff whilst also speaking with someone on the phone.

We were escorted to our room, nice big size for London, the bathroom was lovely, it was the biggest tub I've ever had the pleasure of bathing in, on the flip side the showers (usual clip shower, and additional rainfall shower) had little pressure and were more on the disappointing side.

We decided to order some room service, but there wasn't a great deal of choice, for the price it was all a bit meh.

The bed was incredibly comfortable, we loved it, if it were not for us being used to a king bed it would have been great, but we get knocking the other off the edge. Although mostly quiet, there was a very irritating noise that happened each night for a an hour or two, it was plumbing sounds from pipes, maybe laundry? But very frustrating, woke us up a good few times.

Overall it was a pretty decent hotel, I got a relatively good price so I'm happy.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
ManagerMontcalm, General Manager at The Montcalm London Marble Arch, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2017

Dear Myfoodadventure,

I am most grateful for the time you have taken to review The Montcalm Hotel.

We are pleased you enjoyed your overall experience with us, from the friendly doorman and reception staff. Although I am sorry to see that not all the information was provided to you, as well as the fact you did not get the full attention of the staff member on the check in. I appreciate it being brought to our attention, and I want to assure you that this is not a practice we are in, so it will be addressed. Thank you also for highlighting our bathroom and room size, as well as other in room amenities.

Should business or pleasure bring you back to London I trust The Montcalm will be your first choice and we’ll have the pleasure of personalising your stay even more next time, and ensuring any noise in the room is checked.

On behalf of the entire team, I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

We made our second visit to the Montcalm in October for my birthday and couldn’t be more impressed. Our stay was headed by the amazing Izabela once again who went above and beyond to make sure we were happy. All staff were friendly and welcoming even providing plasters upon request for blistered feet. Can’t fault the hotel in anyway and will most definitely be returning. Next time we won’t be making any plans to go out so we can enjoy a full day in the hotel and make the most of the amazing facilities. Fabulous experience.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear kirsty88sween,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review!

We are all delighted to read your kind words and to know that my team in particular Izabela, went above and beyond to create such a memorable experience for you, by arranging the small little touches for your. I am so pleased to see that you found the experience so wonderful, and hopefully next time you will have a chance to use more of the facilities.

I have shared your comments with Izabella and all the team, who are delighted with your praise.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Montcalm Mable Arch Hotel in the very near future.

Kind regards,

Ankur B,

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

Within 3 minutes walk of Marble Arch and yet away from the busy streets this has to be one of the quietest hotels in London and certainly the quietest I have stayed in. Rooms while being a little boutique are very comfortable and service very friendly and helpful. The housekeeping on this occasion was not perfect. Toilet hadn't been properly cleaned - spare you the details for the squeamish and not all items replenished. However overall still a great hotel I would stay in again. Best of all is the location and quietness.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
ManagerMontcalm, General Manager at The Montcalm London Marble Arch, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Dear Winslow96B,

Thank you for sharing your review following your recent stay at The Montcalm.

I am pleased to learn that the location, rooms and service were the highlight of your stay. Although it saddens me to learn that you had experienced some issues with the cleanliness in the room on this occasion, and I have passed this on with the relevant department to review and action accordingly.

I sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back, to ensure you receive our usually high standards, therefore, the next time you plan to visit London please contact me directly so that I can personally oversee your accommodation arrangements.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 20 October 2017

After a recent & rather disappointing experience at my usual stay in Mayfair London, I decided to try the Montcalm after reviewing some very favourable feedback on here and noting the overall excellent customer service provided.

It's in a more quiet area from what I'm used to, but this was a welcomed change. The location is still central, a stone's throw from Marble Arch and easy walking distance to Oxford Street for shopping and to Hyde Park. Good dining options are also nearby and the food at the in-house restaurant (nirvana) was very good.

I had arrived a few hours before check in, so left my suitcase and went out to take care of business. At all times the service at the front desk was excellent. Especially Izabela, the guest experience manager. I had asked if the room could be made available earlier, and she not only sorted this out but also upgraded my room which was a nice touch.

The rooms are clean and modern in their decor, and in my case as mentioned I was upgraded to a suite, with two bathrooms, one with a walk through rain shower, the other with a bigger than normal bathtub. There was a separate lounge area, and most importantly, a fabulously comfortable bed/linen. I also found a complimentary fresh welcome fruit bowl and bottle of champagne in the room. There was however no ironing board or iron though, as well as no dental kit but a quick call to the front desk and these were suitably provided. The room also had a Nespresso coffee machine and the mini bar was well catered for.

The gym is a bit small but its good enough for a quick workout, the spa is very nice and there is a small pool and jacuzzi, so not really kids friendly.

The best feature is the welcoming and attentive staff, it really makes a difference when you consider the cost of a room here in comparison to hotels of a similar level around central London. It really is good value for your money.

So overall I highly recommend the Montcalm, I've already booked my next stay via their user friendly mobile app, and also signed up to their loyalty program.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank CM80s

Dear CM80s,

What a pleasure it is to read your comments and to know that your stay with us was so wonderful!

It is always lovely to learn that the service and excellent greeting by all the team, particularly Izabela was so perfect. It makes me so proud to see how we continue to recognise guests and provide a personalised experience. Thank you also for highlighting how clean and comfortable the rooms were, as well as the in room facilities such as separate lounge area, and Nespresso machine. I am also pleased to see you made use of the spa, and appreciate you bringing your thoughts on it to our attention.

I have shared your feedback with all the team, who are so thrilled to know that their hard work and commitment to service has been recognised.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not so distant future, whether for business or pleasure please do not hesitate to contact Izabella, or anyone from the Guest Experience Team directly, to personally assist you.

Thank you once again.

Ankur b

Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

One of best stays in London, all staff were supper, starting from the concierge till the housekeeping, all staff trying to make your enjoyable, room was a little bit small but fully equipped, with complimentary fruit basket and mineral water, very good WiFi service, excellent breakfast, ongoing free welcome drinks and fruits.
Very recommended.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Dear Sherif L,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review!

I am delighted to read your kind words and to know that all the team, from the concierge to housekeeping, did such a great job in looking after you. Thank you also for highlighting our comfortable rooms, as well as in room amenities of fresh fruit and mineral water. It is also great to see how excellent the breakfast was. I have shared your feedback with all the team, who are absolutely thrilled with the news.

Warm regards,