“Excellent séjour” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #517 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Mons, Belgium
“Excellent séjour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

A very friendly hôtel. Hôtel team are very pleasant and we enjoy so much our stay ! I dont really understand Why french propre are disrespectul with this hôtel ! I recommend it of course. A very nice continental breakfast ! Alot of facilities near this hôtel... 200m near from the first métro station !

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Southminster, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

Was working nearby and booked into this hotel, what a mistake, got there at 8 at night and after a days work wanted a shower but no hot water, had to have a cold one (not great for mid January) reported to reception and was told by manager that had to run it for a time, ran it for 15 mins and still cold so was told they would sort it out, went to the bar and it was like a rough dockside public bar, full of contractors. Went out and got food went to bed small room but ok. Next morning got up for a nice shower and guess what NO HOT WATER, complained and got " oh sorry about that" from receptionist said in a way that he was expecting it. no refund miserable staff. never stay there again, looks good in pictures but believeit's a hole, silly little lift that takes an age to get to 5th floor. AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE

Room Tip: none that i could recomend
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank roy j
norfolktowers, General Manager at The Norfolk Towers Hotel, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us, I was disappointed to read that you were not afforded our usual high levels of service, for this please accept my sincere apologies.

May i also reassure you that all the points raised will be thoroughly investigated.

Thank you again for drawing my attention to this very important points

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Hamilton, New Zealand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights in 510 (unfortunately) Hotel is in a good location just around the corner from Paddington Station, room size is fine although sparsely furnished, Bathroom extremely small and after 2 mornings with basically NO water from the shower I asked reception if maintenance could have a look and yes much Improved, much better after that( not fantastic but better) I also asked for them to tune in the TV as only 3 channels working and they told me they had around 60! Better after that as well but a few kept losing signal? Unfortunately I also had a terrible bed! Got in at night and realised it was collapsed on one side!? Luckily ( or not) I was by myself so just slept on one side of the bed but beds should never get this bad! Just replace them! Now the breakfast..... Well the room included cont B/fast, first morning ( sun) went down around 9'15, over loaded, told to sit in bar area, around the corner down the hallway, no big deal but it was so busy no OJ left, ran out of milk, it was shambolic, a mess, disorganised! So Monday morning 2 of us for B/Fast (had a friend join me from another room) it was quiet and lots of food good service all ran fine as did Tuesday morning Then Wednesday back by myself and just like Sunday a mess no seats, this time just sent to bar, But nothing set up there?! No cutlery, no coffee station! No napkins No staff just sent there , get your food here and go that's what it feels like! Just one more thing the Lift! So small ( 4 Max) So very slow with 5 floors use the stairs! But....... Location is good!

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
norfolktowers, General Manager at The Norfolk Towers Hotel, responded to this review, 31 January 2014

Thank you again for drawing my attention to this very important points.
London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

Location was good... but all the following was bad

1) We booked an executive double with baby cot as we have a baby and any suitcases. The room was just a TINY double with two single beds pushed together ! and the cot crammed tightly

2) We were never offered help with our bags getting in and out of the very small lift

3) If you wanted hot food breakfast you had to pay extra

4) The W-iF was terrible, pain to login and signal was too weak to reach our room. 5) TV only had 3 channels, couldn't even get freeview

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
norfolktowers, General Manager at The Norfolk Towers Hotel, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, i found the points you raised constructive to both us as a hotel and also potential guests.
Our Standard Rooms are of a traditional decor, yet if you are looking for a greater luxury then it's worth bearing in mind that we do also have our Executive Rooms, these were refurbished recently and are available to book on all booking websites and also from the hotel directly. we believe both our location and price are big positives with our hotel. With our location no more than a minutes walk from the station and high road this offers both excellent transport links and amenities.
Thank you.
Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

My first trip to London and I think this was a good value for a hotel. It was definitely well located, only one and a half blocks from Paddington Station with numerous pubs nearby for lunch or dinner. The hotel included a reasonable breakfast , the staff was helpful and cheerful. The rooms were small but easily navigable with plenty of storage space. Some hallway and adjoining room sound was heard due to the heavy doors closing. Would recommend Norwalk square for lodging.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and also you felt that our location is very good.One area we have focused our efforts on is delivering high level of customer service.
Libourne, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

I used Easyjet.com for my flight + hotel:
I couldn't afford an expensive trip and I had the privilege to sleep in a upper class area.
I had a quick check-in.
I talk to some nice people.
The room was very small, but clean.
I had a very good breakfast.
It's 10 minutes from Paddington station.
For that price, "yes", I will go back !

They do have flat screen TV, anyhow... An engineer is needed to check their cable status for watching TV. I couldn't enjoyed watching several channels as it was frozen? I mentioned it to reception, now ...

Room Tip: If you walk to "W2 3BE" from the hotel ... It's beautiful ! Very good location ! Be...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I am delighted to read that you felt that we are our location is great, room perfect for you and the staff very friendly.One area we have focused our efforts on is delivering high level of customer service.
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

My parents came to visit me in London and they stayed at this hotel for approx. 4 days. I stayed with them for two days and according to my own experience and to theirs we had a pleasant stay.

The hotel is at a great location, very close to Paddington station and Hyde Park. There are several restaurants and off license stores at the area which was quite helpful to us when we couldn't be bothered to take the train during peak time only for dinner.

We booked a triple room and it was quite big for London standards (I have stayed in three hotels before in London and the rooms were all TINY).
I don't have much to stay about the cleaning service since I barely stayed there but my mother did complain a little about the room hygiene (to be fair she is quite picky about the cleaning service).

The hotel price was also very decent according to what was being provided, the breakfast was included in the package. The staff were also friendly and helpful.

I don't much to complain about this hotel due to my short stay there, however for the time I stayed at the Norfolk Towers Hotel I had a plesant experience and of the 4 hotels I stayed at London this one was my favourite.
Would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family