“Not what I expected”

K West Hotel & Spa
Ranked #288 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 22 December 2011

My friend had told me to book this hotel as she said there was an amazing swimming pool, When I got there I was told there wasn't a pool, there's just a treatment pool and I'd hve to pay an extra £25 for the day to go there! With breakfast in your room at an extra £20 odd quid, and the bottles of water in your room at £2 this hotel is making a bit of cheeky money on the side. I wouldn't recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
K_West_Hotel_Spa, General Manager at K West Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2012

Thank you for your feedback. I’m sorry to hear that on this occasion you felt we let you down. I do apologize that you found our prices to be a bit expensive, we continuously review them to make sure we stay in line with our competitors.

Reviewed 21 December 2011

The K West is a converted industrial buidling and has been turned into a trendy hotel. It has a nice lobby bar and a seperate restaurant. There is an excellent SPA which has a discounted rate for hotel guests.
The location of the hotel is great for visitors to Westfield and the access to the West End via bus or tube is very good with Shephers Bush tube station 5 minutes walk away. Based on this alone the hotel offers good value for money as you could spend a lot more to be this close to central London.
However there are some donwsides; The Hotel lobby is on Level 3 which is the ground floor at the front of the building - this isnt a problem but Levels 1 and 2 of the buidling are below ground level with no views to speak of. The rooms on these levels have windows but you do not look out to anything other than a side alleyway. This is a good enough reason to avoid these rooms but there is another major issue to consider - The bathrooms in these rooms require a pump to empty the toilet and shower. After using these facilities there is an extremely loud mechanical noise which continues for 15 minutes. Not great if you flush to toilet in the night as you will not sleep through this noise. Ask for rooms on Level 3 and above.
The breakfast menu is good however the service let this hotel down - We ordered one "full english" breakfast and one "vegetarian" breakfast. The food took 25 minutes to arrive which was too long considering we were the only people in the restaurant. Once it did arrive, we received two "full english" and no vegetarian. Having specified "eggs over medium" the yolks on the eggs were solid. The rest of the food was barely warm. The waitress did agree to replace the eggs but this is not really good enough considering the waiting time and getting the order wrong.
The TV system in the hotel was broken during our stay but they did offer complimentary wifi to compensate.
Would we stay again? maybe but only in a room on the upper floors and breakfsast should be avoided unless they sort out the kitchen and service.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I’m pleased that you found the hotel to be conveniently located, we are lucky to be in such a good location and I am pleased that the hotel was to your taste. I am so sorry that you were disturbed with noise from the toilet pump and have forwarded on your comments to maintenance to look into the matter further. I’m pleased to hear that you liked our newly updated breakfast menu however am disappointed and shocked to hear that you received poor service as we are usually praised on how helpful and efficient our Food & Beverage team are. I do apologize that you found our prices to be a bit expensive, we continuously review them to make sure we stay in line with our competitors, but take your feedback on board. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 20 December 2011

Stayed here for 4 days and had a great trip... however the trip occured outside of the hotel. What I liked about the hotel: The breakfast, the cleanliness of the entire hotel, and most of the staff. Dislikes: Price based on location was not up to par... It is close to Shepards Bush but there is very little local action. We found one really good local pub. If this Hotel would drop thier pricing 15% or added a bit more to the hotel free breakfast, coffee, or 2 drinks per night... or even just cheaper drinks at night this hotel would be much better.

It is a great hotel until you look at the price, when they bring the price down Ill think about staying again, but Id rather stay 10mins down the street. If you are staying for pleasure I do not think this is where you should be. This seems to be a music scene hotel.

Room Tip: From what we saw all rooms are the same... Id stay on the Restaurant floor... you wont have to wait...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear that you had a great trip and found the hotel to be conveniently located. I am sorry that you felt there was very little action in the local area, perhaps next time our front office can recommend some local pubs worth visiting. I do apologize that you found our prices to be a bit expensive, we continuously review them to make sure we stay in line with our competitors, but take your feedback on board. This aside, we hope to welcome you back to the K West soon!

Reviewed 20 December 2011

I stayed here with my husband as we were going to a gig at the Sherpherds Bush Empire - just a 5 min walk away. Our room wasn't ready on arrival so we had to wait but we got an upgrade as a result and our room was lovely with a huge bed. Very large shower in bathroom, all spotlessly clean. Had room service for dinner - lovely meal. Hotel quiet at night. We drove and used their valet parking which was very efficient. Continental breakfast was as expected, although maybe warm pastries would be better. Overall proffesional staff, clean hotel and a great location for our needs.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your lovely review. I am pleased to here that you enjoyed all elements of your stay and that we catered for your needs well. We will be delighted to welcome you back to the K West again soon!

Reviewed 19 December 2011

Booked a Superior Double for £130, which had the smallest double bed I've ever seen. Wifi was €15 for 24 hours too, which is a bit much for something that should be complimentary at that rate per night. At night the vending machine was broken and room service didn't answer the phone either. The morning after we went to have a shower and found the water was cold. We flagged this with reception on checkout but they didn't really care or apologise, only noting it so it could be fixed. We didn't have time to complain earlier about it but I'm not sure how they would have dealt with it. I'd love to see how this hotel was rated at 4 stars, definitely doesn't deserve it.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review although I am disappointed to hear that you felt we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. I apologise that the water in the shower was cold and I am shocked our staff would behave in this manner as we are usually praised on how friendly and helpful our Front Office team are. I can assure you that achieving the ultimate guest satisfaction is a top priority here at K West. I am sorry if you felt the WIFI was too pricey, we do offer complimentary Mac computers in our Library along with a printer for our guests use. I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to change your mind about the hotel and return so that we can show you the true high standards that we deliver and all we have to offer.

Reviewed 19 December 2011

The room I was in 303 was trendy and cosy. It wasn't too big but it was just right.
Generally, I enjoyed my stay.
It was just that the hotel is a distance from the Tube (about 10 minutes walk) but once you get there, there are a few malls you can check out.

1  Thank kceteew

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the room was to your taste. I am sorry that you found the walk to the tube station took too long, generally it is less than a 5 minute walk so possibly we did not show you the way. We look forward to welcoming you back soon to the K West soon.

Reviewed 19 December 2011

We stayed at the K West for the weekend due to us attending a concert at the Shepherd's Bush Empire. The location is perfect for attending concerts there, just a short walking distance. Our room was lovely, we had breakfast included in our stay and the breakfast was absolutely yummy. We also had an evening meal in the Kanteen that was most enjoyable. The staff are nice and helpful. Its our second visit to the hotel and would definitely come back another time!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your second stay with us. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your meal in Kanteen and had the chance to try out our recently updated Breakfast Menu which has proved to be very popular with our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!