“Great spa break!”

Ranked #262 of 1,068 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great spa break!”
Reviewed 30 December 2011

Stayed here on a spa break package, hotel very modern and clean! Lovely cocktails (pricey tho!) breakfast lovely (got through our package!) spa small but wasn't busy, lovely hydropool, sauna and steam room. Snow room very unusual but lovely to try!! Had a great stay here but only complaint would be to have gowns with pockets. Can't wait to come back soon!

• Stayed December 2011
K_West_Hotel_Spa, General Manager at K West Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 4 January 2012
Thank you for your lovely review. I am pleased to here that you enjoyed you spa break, its great to here that you can’t wait to come back. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Hilary Cross

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 December 2011

We went there for the Love is... package which including overnight staying in a 'spacious Executive room'. It supposed to be a romantic experience as it is my hubby's birthday...

Well, where shall I start...

When we check in - the staff was nice but did't know our package - we were mentioned about the charge of the breakfast where it supposed to be included.

Once we checked in, we didn't get our Champagne and strawberries until 11pm and we had to call and chase the reception for it....according to the website description - 'Shortly after your arrival, we will bring chocolate-covered strawberries and Champagne on ice to your room' - I think 1 and half an hour wait is not called 'shortly'.....

The room is very cold - even after we have turn the heating on to maximum.... instead of sitting on the sofa we had to hide underneath the duvet to keep us warm...

sofa sofa sofa - old and not very clean as many marks on it......

After a shocking evening stay, we had our very nice breakfast and followed by excellent massage and floating treatment which are the only good things that I can remember...

Ghent, Belgium
Reviewed 29 December 2011

The hotel is at 4 min walk from Westfield shopping center and only 15 min walk to Notting Hill. Central Line underground station at 3 minutes. The rooms are clean and at night it is very calm, we spent several nights here during Xmas, so the hotel was not fully booked. The breakfast is good, you have the choice of a basic 8.5£ breakfast or a continental at 18£. We only took the first one and it is sufficient.
Unfortunately, there is no WIFI for free or available at a reasonable price. For 4 nights I would have to pay 60£ for WIFI access, that's way out of range! At home, I have 3 month access for that price!! There is quite some noice coming from the corridor, fortunately the hotel was not fully booked so we did not suffer too much. But in busy days, I believe this could be very annoying. Pleasa also put some more staff at the reception. We had to wait more than 15 min to check out at 10.30h. At this hour you need at least 2 people at the reception. Same for the bar, not always someone present. Spa looked nice, unfortunately I had no time to try it...

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for your feed back. I’m pleased to hear that you found the hotel to be clean and conveniently located. Its great to hear that you enjoyed our new breakfast menu however am sorry to hear that you found the WIFI to be expensive. We provide 3 Mac PC’s and a printer in our K Library for all our guests to use at no charge and I am sorry if this was not pointed out to you. I apologize for the long wait when checking out I have passed on your comments to the relevant Managers. I understand elements of your stay were disappointing however I do hope that you will change your mind and give us another opportunity to show you the high standard of service here at K West, and all it has to offer.
Reviewed 28 December 2011

Very nice and trendy place for a short couples stay or business, the rooms and eating/drinking areas are very nice but the views from the rooms aren't great. I stayed here for my honeymoon night in aug 09 as we got married in a nearby photographic studio and we were more than happy the feel food and drinks are great but it is very expensive. I wouldn't stay here for longer than 3 days.

Overall it's a good hotel in a good location (westfield shopping centre is 3 mins walk and notting hill, central london etc are 10 and 20 mins on a bus respectively) with a vibrant bar etc but the service and price are negatives.

Stay for a few days and hang out in the bar on weekend nights.

• Stayed August 2011
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear that the venue was to your taste and that you found the hotel conveniently located, we are indeed very lucky to be in such close distance to such a wide range of amenities and good transport links. Regarding the view may I suggest that perhaps next time you visit you request a room higher up and we will be more than happy to allocate you one. I apologise if you found our prices a little too pricey we do try to keep in line with other hotels in the London area. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 December 2011

I was panicked having read some of the really negative reviews on here… but I'm glad to say our experience was lovely! My husband and I stayed as we were going to Shepherds Bush Empire for a gig. The location is excellent – just set back far enough away from the busy street but close enough to get to all the action in 5 minutes.
The reception staff were efficient and very friendly. Our room was on one the lower floors, which some may find negative, but we didn’t. It was huge, clean and had everything we needed. We didn’t have breakfast , simply didn’t want to pay the high price, that’s not to say it more expensive than any other hotel in London, I just think breakfasts are vastly over priced in general. We did however have room service when we got in which was quite late, it was quick, fresh and really tasty. The wine order was wrong but this was corrected really quickly.
We were really looking forward to a peaceful night away from the kids and a lie in, so were disappointed to be woken up not once, but twice by housekeeping coming into the room at 08.10 and again at 09.30. I agree with others that charging for water in the room is wrong, especially at £2 for a 50cl bottle. Drinking water should be free, but these really are the only negative things..

The bar staff were spot on (remembering my husbands name is always a good thing) and were swift and discrete enough to politely eject a couple in the bar who really should have been in their room already!!

Overall we had a really pleasant stay and would stay again and recommend to others.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for a lovely review, it’s great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the K West Hotel & Spa. I am pleased to hear that you found our staff efficient, friendly and on the ball. I am pleased to hear that you found the Room service food fresh and tasty and I’m happy to hear that the confusion regarding the wine order was corrected so quickly. I am so sorry that you were disturbed by our housekeeping staff, as we do try our hardest to ensure that our guests are not disturbed and have a peaceful nights sleep. It’s great to hear that you would stay with us again and recommend our hotel to others. We would be delighted to welcome you back again!
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 December 2011

My friend had told me to book this hotel as she said there was an amazing swimming pool, When I got there I was told there wasn't a pool, there's just a treatment pool and I'd hve to pay an extra £25 for the day to go there! With breakfast in your room at an extra £20 odd quid, and the bottles of water in your room at £2 this hotel is making a bit of cheeky money on the side. I wouldn't recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for your feedback. I’m sorry to hear that on this occasion you felt we let you down. I do apologize that you found our prices to be a bit expensive, we continuously review them to make sure we stay in line with our competitors.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 December 2011

The K West is a converted industrial buidling and has been turned into a trendy hotel. It has a nice lobby bar and a seperate restaurant. There is an excellent SPA which has a discounted rate for hotel guests.
The location of the hotel is great for visitors to Westfield and the access to the West End via bus or tube is very good with Shephers Bush tube station 5 minutes walk away. Based on this alone the hotel offers good value for money as you could spend a lot more to be this close to central London.
However there are some donwsides; The Hotel lobby is on Level 3 which is the ground floor at the front of the building - this isnt a problem but Levels 1 and 2 of the buidling are below ground level with no views to speak of. The rooms on these levels have windows but you do not look out to anything other than a side alleyway. This is a good enough reason to avoid these rooms but there is another major issue to consider - The bathrooms in these rooms require a pump to empty the toilet and shower. After using these facilities there is an extremely loud mechanical noise which continues for 15 minutes. Not great if you flush to toilet in the night as you will not sleep through this noise. Ask for rooms on Level 3 and above.
The breakfast menu is good however the service let this hotel down - We ordered one "full english" breakfast and one "vegetarian" breakfast. The food took 25 minutes to arrive which was too long considering we were the only people in the restaurant. Once it did arrive, we received two "full english" and no vegetarian. Having specified "eggs over medium" the yolks on the eggs were solid. The rest of the food was barely warm. The waitress did agree to replace the eggs but this is not really good enough considering the waiting time and getting the order wrong.
The TV system in the hotel was broken during our stay but they did offer complimentary wifi to compensate.
Would we stay again? maybe but only in a room on the upper floors and breakfsast should be avoided unless they sort out the kitchen and service.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I’m pleased that you found the hotel to be conveniently located, we are lucky to be in such a good location and I am pleased that the hotel was to your taste. I am so sorry that you were disturbed with noise from the toilet pump and have forwarded on your comments to maintenance to look into the matter further. I’m pleased to hear that you liked our newly updated breakfast menu however am disappointed and shocked to hear that you received poor service as we are usually praised on how helpful and efficient our Food & Beverage team are. I do apologize that you found our prices to be a bit expensive, we continuously review them to make sure we stay in line with our competitors, but take your feedback on board. We hope to welcome you back soon!