“K West has lost it's shine very quickly”
Review of K West Hotel & Spa

Ranked #287 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Having seen the newspaper reviews when it opened, I was looking forward to staying here, great location, in shep bush, 10 mins on central line into London round corner from the great westfield centre with good pubs and shops. However very very disappointed, from arrival, the unhelpful reception staff with little personality, didn't speak much English (eastern Europe I think) who did nothing to welcome us, also after losing one of our reservations and then finding it when I gave her my paper copy.

Got to the room, yes as per review below smelly room. Also had to get the maintenance guy to sort the Tv. The room itself as a boutique hotel was nothing special with the bathroom and toiletries being just ordinary.

Would I go back, don't think so, even at a low price, the chain hotel nearby that I used before is a much better option for me. Unless the hotel could convince me that they have sorted a lot of stuff.

Oh one last thing - just to Finish it off a 15 mn wait at reception for the concierge to come a get my bags back.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Cactusto
K_West_Hotel_and_Spa, Online Marketing Executive at K West Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.

I am delighted to hear that you found our location ideal for your travel. Although, do regret to hear about the unpleasant service you experienced from the front office staff. Although being an equal opportunities employer the K West Hotel & Spa has been recognised for the personal and friendly hospitality that we pride ourselves in and reason we retain our loyal guests. I will share your review with Front Office Manager who will then liaise with team to ensure that this does not happen again. Please consider giving us a second opportunity to convince you with a memorable stay.

Please do reach out to me and I will ensure that we deliver on the promise and code of the K West Hotel & Spa; “we welcome you to feel good service”.

K West Hotel & Spa

Write a ReviewReviews (3,116)

Reviewed 31 August 2012

Me and a friend visited the K-Spa at K-West Hotel and it was grogeous! It is located 5 mins away from Shepherd's Bush tube station so easy to get to (and very conveniently next to Westfield Shopping Centre)! I had prebooked a spa day through lastminute.com and decided to arrive very early in the morning so we could take advantage of the spa facilities - after checking in at the spa reception on the 1st floor, we went straight through and started with our day of pampering! You are provided with a robe, towels and flip flops, which will be in your locker. Walk through the locker room/showers and you are greeted with the spa facilities which incudes: hydrotherapy pool, sauna, steam rrom, sanarium, foot baths, experience showers and the snow paradise. It was extremely relaxing and just heavenly - the starry lights were beautiful! The staff were very friendly and attentive throughout the whole day, went out of their way to make sure you were being looked after. Our massage and dry floatation experiences were amazing and the therapist was professional at all times, she took us through to the relax lounge afterwards and supplied us with complimentary iced tea, water etc. Did start to feel a bit peckish around lunchtime so headed up to the 5th floor for their restaurant which had a great choice of sandwiches and main courses - whether you feel like carrying on the detox theme with a salad or pig out with a "proper burger"! The spa is open from 6.30am - 10pm so you can have a full day of "chillaxing"! All in all, I would recommend this spa because of the quality of the facilities and great service - a must for a girlie day! Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Lindsey,

Can we wait to welcome you back?. No… Thank you so much for your smashing review!

We would absolutely love you to come back at some stage to K West Hotel & Spa.

Reviewed 30 August 2012

Unable to check in before 3pm, everything costs (internet, breakfast), they put me in a smokey room ("sorry, nothing we can do about this, it´s in the air condition") and the bed wasn´t all that.

Friendly staff though. Had the room been smoke free, it would´ve been ok.

Oh btw, they shut down my internet all of a sudden even when I had paid for 24 hours (15 pounds)..

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank fred d

Dear Fred,

The picture is clear; it must have been a spell of bad luck for us. This sound so not like our usual selves, please accept our sincere apologies on this occasion.

While we do charge for internet we ensure that we are able to offer our guests the fastest possible internet speeds where we recently upgraded the hotels internet capacity higher than recommended for a hotel of our size to ensure that our guests have good internet experience, ofcourse due to a technical fault we failed on this occasion.

We desperately hope you'll give us another opportunity to serve you in near future and to regain your confidence back.

Reviewed 28 August 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed at this hotel a few days for a night.

Staff was friendly and helpful. However, when we were checking-in at around 15.00 they said no deluxe rooms were yet ready but there was a nice executive room ready for us at the extra charge of £30. I said they should just upgrade us for free as they should have had a room ready by 15.00 and then she lowered the charge to £20 which I accepted as we just wanted to relax.
At the check-out the extra charge was actually £20 +£4 VAT!! I thought that was not very honest.

The spa was good and I really enjoyed it.

Overall, it was a good experience but seems like the staff work on commissions which is not very good for a hotel reputation

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jose M
Reviewed 24 August 2012

The hotel pretends to be all design and spa, but apart from the lobby/lounge there is not much of this to be found. Rooms have passed their expiration date long time ago. And the are plain to standard, no design to be found here. Spa is okay for an in town spa, but overpriced.

Service is what bothers me most: I honestly wonder how they manage to find so many similar type of staff member all with an empty glassy face. They all seem to hate working here, alle rather pretend not hearing you or assisting you...AND NONE OF THEM SPEAKS PROPER ENGLISH!?!?!

Bar looks nice, but always closes as it start getting nice.

Overall way overpriced for what you get.

Be warned: this is every music touring crew hang out around their gigs in London. Which can be a lot of fun for meeting nice people, but also expect that these people are normally on tour busses.... and that the staff is used to treat their all guest like that.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank worldCTZN
Reviewed 23 August 2012

Last night at this pretentious hotel was truly wretched: we were treated to a loud bus with a trailer backing up in the parking lot for most of an hour between 2AM and 3AM. The management was unable to control the shouting yahoos who arrived with this insolent vehicle. Look carefully at the side of this hotel to learn that the facade is a fake. It's a glass front stuck onto a very poor 1960's office block; a very good metaphor for the lousy night's sleep we endured in what appears to be a "design" hotel. Management should act fast to turn around this sorry excuse for a hotel and "spa."

Room Tip: Ask reception if the parking lot is going to make sleep impossible.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank muck f
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Have just spent a night at K West Hotel and was very pleased indeed. It is literally a 3 minute walk from Shepards Bush Tube station and right next to Westfield shopping centre. The room was a superior double which was fairly spacious for a London hotel, nice modern features and a clean, modern bathroom. The breakfast in the Kanteen restaurant was very good (included in our package) lots of great choices. The spa was fantastic- the snow room was amazing and the sauna and steam were just perfect when alternating between hot and cold. We had a great package- £300 for both me and my friend which included a full body scrub and back massage which alone could cost £50. Will definately be going back soon, would recommend to girls who are looking for a relaxing weekend or couples for a bit of time away. Thanks K West.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends