“Luxury,pampering food & fun near Westfield shopping in the centre of town.”
Review of K West Hotel & Spa

K West Hotel & Spa
Ranked #284 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 31 December 2012

My eldest daughter turned 25 didn't want a party although we did have one in the end, so a well deserved relaxing treat was needed and that's what we got. Our rooms weren't ready on arrival but we were told we'd been upgraded to executive suites in the same sentence JOY!!!! Also we'd booked treatments so were told we could go to spa and leave our bags at reception but the lockers in spa were deep and took all our bags. Spa -well I thought Sopwell was good, K-West topped it, jacuzzi bliss,relaxing lounge, saunas annd snow room you gotta check out online to understand what I'm talking about. As for the treatments, therapist sorry I forgot your name sounds like Lumadyl excellent deep tissue massage need another three though she worked so hard (bless you), friendly, very helpful and considerate staff. Restaurant booked a table for 9pm were seated shortly after our server was very helpful and witty although we had a bit of a wait for food, had a couple of complimentary drinks and a dessert. Mains were well worth the wait would definitely go again. Looking for a girly weekend, adult family gathering or couples weekend this hotel offers peace, quiet, luxury, good food and most importantly great spa facilities I'll be back 2013.

• Stayed: December 2012
Hilary C, General Manager at K West Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2013

Loved your review! I am so glad you enjoyed your girly stay! Lyudmyla was happy to know you enjoyed your treatment; she is an asset to our Hotel! We look forward to seeing you again in 2013!!

Kind Regards

Hilary

Write a ReviewReviews (3,161)

Reviewed 28 December 2012

Stayed at K West from 24th Dec-26th Dec 2012. Check in was swift with a nice friendly receptionist. I Paid for a basic room only (room 435) but it was nice and clean and well presented. The lighting could have done with being a bit brighter. There was a bottle of water in the room with a £2 price tag attached to it which I thought was really funny. I was tempted to drink it but didn't want to pay that much for a small bottle of water. There was a great ice machine on the 4th floor where my room was so I just used that a let the ice melt :-)

I had food in the restaurant, also a cooked breakfast. Was hoping to have dinner in the restaurant on Christmas Day but the restaurant shut at lunch time so had to use room service. This was delivered by a lovely guy called Ivan who turned up very swiftly. I enjoyed all the food I had. It wasn't cheap but I wouldn't expect hotel food to be cheap.

Used the gym on Christmas day which was great as it was empty. Used the spa on Boxing day at 8am and once again it was empty!! The best spa I have ever experienced. It has 2 Saunas, Steam room, Hydrotherapy pool, Experience showers, foot spa, chill out area and a freezing cold Ice room. The changing rooms are really nice with blow dryer and GHD straightners. Loved it!!!!! The lady in the spa was really helpful even when I messed up my locker code it was no drama for her to come and help me sort it out. Thank you :-)

I paid as I went along rather than leaving a deposit at reception. I am glad I done it that way as it made check out very swift!!! I will definetly go back to K West. I felt greattttttt when I left there.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for such a fantastic review! I am so happy you enjoyed your Christmas stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon, no need to wait for next Christmas!

Hilary

Reviewed 27 December 2012

We stayed at this hotel after hearing some good reviews. The exterior and reception area looked really nice but we were rather disappointed with the service received. Staff members should be trained up in knowing how much their services cost so as not to overcharge. Also, we would recommend eating breakfast elsewhere as it is very expensive for what you are getting. It was £8.50 for just cereal, fruit, yoghurt, ham, cheese and really dry cakes/pastries that tasted off. A hot breakfast cost £17.00 and you can only have one hot dish and a cold starter which for us was quite disappointing as we did not want a cold starter. So, for example if you wanted just toast with 2 eggs and tea, it will cost £17! On top, you had to keep on asking for soft drinks rather than being able to help yourself. If you wanted bottle water to take away with you, you had to pay an extra £3 approx on top of what you paid for breakfast, which I believe is not right considering the prices you pay. Surely soft drinks should be readily available during breakfast! It was also quite shocking to see in our room a bottle of water that had already been opened and then filled up with tap water displaying a price tag of £2 for it. Never have we seen this type of service before. Also, the rooms where not very well lit and we were surprised when the cleaner came knocking on our door with no cleaning cart or apparatus. What was the point of knocking in the first place? Seemed like they knock to let you know of their intentions to clean and disappear before reappearing - which is annoying. The room service menu was quite tasty and this was a positive. However, it would be great to see bigger potion sizes especially of the chips which were just 10 pieces! Also, the spa was nice and clean too but we were shocked to see that the facilities (shower/toilets) were nicer than the actual hotel! Overall, we would say this hotel is a 3 star hotel and not 4 star. However, maybe because of location (near to westfield) and spa facilities that is why it is rated 4 star. An experience nonetheless and maybe better to stay at the Ibis just around the corner and just use the spa at K-west hotel or if you need to stay close to Westfield.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
K_West_Hotel_and_Spa, General Manager at K West Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2012

Michelle thank you for your detailed feedback, although I am so very sorry that you we unhappy with the service at the hotel and that you did not feel our breakfast options offered good value. I’m sorry also that we didn't notice a previous guest had drunk the water from the in room water and then filled it up, we will certainly look out for that trick in future. I am disappointed you did not enjoy your stay, but thank you for your kind words on our Spa.

Reviewed 22 December 2012

Me and my Boyfriend just got back from a 2 night stay at the k west hotel and spa and it was perfect in every way!
the location is excellent, it is right in the centre shepards bush but just off the main road so there is no traffic noise and no worries of the sound of people keeping you up all night. Also it was within 3 minutes walking distance of the shepards bush underground, over ground and, even better, WESTFIELDDDD! <3 there was even a smaller shopping centre even closer which had a morrisons and boots in it incase you need anything!
We arrived at the hotel at about 12oclock and wanted to leave our bags there as check in was not until 2 but we got to the reception and the lady at the desk allowed us to go straight to our room then! she was very friendly and asked us if we planned on visiting westfield and when we said yes she gave us some special discount vouchers to use there! bonus :D we were not showed to our room, but it was so easy to find so we didnt mind (:
just one thing to note is that the hotel take a £100 deposit on your card for anything you use in the room.
we Got to our room (it was a deluxe room), and it was absolutely beautiful, very spacious, modern decoration, and not a spot of dust anywhere, there was a lovely TV, a hhhuuugge bed and the bathroom had a lovely shower, bath and some pretty LLK amenities! We were also very impressed that our room had its own ice bucket and there was an ice machine just down the hall that you could use as much as you liked - a lovely touch! we also had air con and we were pleased that there was short list explaining how much it would be to get your minibar stocked - then we didn't have to worry about having to pay for something we didn't want. There were also plenty of plug sockets and lights, but you did have to pay if you wanted to use the wifi in the room (however there was free wifi in the hotels library so it was no problem - not that you would need to be sitting on the internet with the lovely spa the hotel had!) Also, our room was looking on to the car park but this didn't stop us having an amazing nights sleep :D The bed was so comfy :D
We used the spa and had already found out that it was £25 each (a little pricey but when you see it you will know why!) but when we got to the spa reception we were only charged £20 each as we were a couple staying at the hotel - how lovely! The spa itself was wonderful! We were provided with sandals towels and a robe to use which was nice. The spa had 2 saunas (amazinggg!) a lovely steam room, a relaxing hydrotherapy pool (which i could have stayed in alll day) some pretty foot baths, some 'kuddle' booths and - my favorite- a SNOW ROOM! it was incrediblee and so much fun, you must try it if you stay here!
we didn't eat at the hotel because of limited time but the breakfasts looked lovely!
Our room was cleaned and was back to perfection after the mess we had left it on after rushing out that morning - which couldn't have been a quick or easy job haha!
we checked out at 11 o'clock and the hotel let us leave our luggage there for free while we spent our last day in London, the check out was quick and easy and the staff member on the desk was also very polite and genuine she asked if we had a nice stay at the hotel.
A couple of hours later my boyfriend got a call from the hotel asking if we had left a phone and ipod in the room and i realized i had! i was very relieved that they had taken the time to call us and thankful for their honesty!
we got this hotel on a deal at £99 a night but i would definitely pay full price and will ONLY use this hotel whenever i go to London now, all the staff were so polite, saying hello or good morning when crossing us in the reception and hallways and the hotel itself was just perfect.
thankyou for a wonderful stay k west!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Emma thank you for such an amazing review and we are all so pleased that you had a wonderful stay, make sure you come back and visit us soon!

Reviewed 22 December 2012

I drive an 80 k rangerover and paid 25.00 for valet parking only to my horror to discover it left in side street at a forty five degree angle against concrete ledge to say I was disgusted was an understatement

Fifteen pound for wifi is an insult

Breakfast more like a cafe and 29.00 no thanks

Would never go back awful

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Donna A

Donna I am sorry that you were unhappy when the car park attendant parked your car in the hotel car park, along the side of the hotel. These are nominated parking spaces for 4x4 vehicles, but I take your feedback on board, along with the charge of wifi. We do however offer complimentary use of our Mac computers in our Library, along with a printer. Continental breakfast buffet is £8.50 per person, with our English Breakfast a la carte menu served in our Kanteen restaurant, and again I am sorry you found the cost to be expensive. I am very sorry that you choose not to return to the hotel.

Reviewed 22 December 2012

This was a spa break for a birthday.
The treatments were very well administered so thank you to those guys.
But...
- amateurish, confused staff on reception
- sticky coffee table in our room
- dust and grime along all the edges of the treatment rooms
- dust on the bits of the massage table you see when you pop your face through the hole
- dirty cups for tea
- design of rooms very basic and perfunctory; comparable to a Travelodge
- mildew in showers (both our room and in the spa; the type you can actually just wipe away)
- tatty wallpaper in the lobby
- unsuitable chairs for breakfast (far too low at the table; fine for an evening drink but not for breakfast)
- low standard breakfast

Some of this would be ok, of course, for a three star hotel/spa but not as a four star experience that it claims to be.

This is not a four star hotel spa and I would recommend all the excellent spa staff I met try their luck with an establishment more matching to their skills!

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Mceh100

Thank you for your kind words on our Spa and our therapists but I am sorry that you did not enjoy the rest of the hotel or your experience. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay further, so please do contact me via the hotel website. Thank you.

HIlary Cross

Reviewed 19 December 2012

This hotel offers excellent value . The location is close to the Sheppherd's bush tube station and it is a short walk to the Westfield shopping mall where there is incredible shopping plus free wifi.
The rooms are well appointed and the hotel looks like it is very well maintained. There is an excellent bar and there are reasonable breakfast options available. The wifi however is very expensive at 15gbp per 24 hours. You can get 30 minute free wifi if you buy a drink at the bar. We ordered tea and then completed our internet effort. Mostly we used the free wifi at the westfield mall which is excellent. Overall this hotel offers great value and we would stay here again.

Room Tip: If there are two people sharing a room make sure to check with the hotel on the room size. We went u...