“Amended review”

GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“Amended review”
Reviewed 20 January 2013 via mobile

I had recently written an outstanding review for this hotel but after my spa treatment today feel I should let people know.
The hotel itself is amazing but we were really let down by the spa. Very small and compact and was overcrowded with 18 people in there. No place to lie down and listen to quiet music and read a magazine unless you had a treatment.
Spa treatments were amazing but they need to sort out clarification of payment. I paid but was told I hadn't... Quite an embarrassing situation.
The food in the bar is expensive and tasteless.
We had had such a great stay until our last day in the spa. Went to feel de stressed, left feeling stressed !

• Stayed January 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (429)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 January 2013 via mobile

Spent my 40 th here for a relaxing pampering weekend. We were meeted and greeted with a welcome. Room was superb and hotel in the best location. Really felt as if staff went the extra mile. Only slight bad point was that some spa treatments were not available. Would definitely recommend for that special treat!

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank sarah w
Hilary C, General Manager at K West Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 23 January 2013
Thank you so much! What a lovely review! I am so glad you enjoyed your birthday and that you felt welcomed! We look forward to seeing you again!

Lincolnshire
Reviewed 20 January 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel as we were working at Olympia, and a friend had recommended it to us. We stayed here for 7 nights.

Rooms very nice and spacious, bed big and very comfy! As with many hotels the room was just too warm and we had to sleep with the windows open which meant there was a lot of noise from the traffic and trains.

The breakfast was the only let down, food quality poor. Next time we will get breakfast elsewhere.

Many of the celebs from strictly were staying when we were there as the studios are just over the road.

We will be back next year when we work at Olympia but would also stay here If we wanted a weekend in London.

• Stayed December 2012
Hilary C, General Manager at K West Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 30 January 2013
Thank you for your review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay, but am disappointed you found the breakfast a let down. We take all feed back on board and hope that you see a difference on your next stay.

Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 January 2013

Have just returned from a one night stay for my sisters 50th Birthday treat. Booked the hotel as wanted somewhere close to Hammersmith Apollo as I had already bought her tickets to Gary Barlow. I had pre paid £25 for 24 hours valet parking on site which was great and well worth doing if you have a car. The hotel is in a good location. It took us less than 10 mins to walk to the Apollo and about 4 mins to Shephers Bush underground station. Westfield Shopping Centre is right on the doorstep. The reception staff were lovely. The room wasn't cheap, mind you what is in London! Still it was a lovely room deluxe twin, very big with a lovely bathrooom, very comfy beds. It was beautifully clean and very quiet. On returning from a great night out we sat at the bar and had a couple of drinks. When there was nothing we fancied on the bar snacks menu it was no trouble at all for the staff to produce a much needed cheese and onion toastie, very reasonably! We would definately stay there again. My only critisism would be that they charge £40 per couple to use the Spa facility. The Spa was very similar to that of a hotel I stayed in by St Pauls and the use was included in the room price. We would have loved to have used it the following morning but felt it was overpriced. Breakfast too was overpriced at £17 pp. Overall great location, very clean and comfortable with very friendly helpful staff.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for a wonderful review! I am glad you enjoyed your stay and that your sister enjoyed her birthday treat! I am not sure if you were made aware of our new special offer of £10 per person for Spa use after 8:00pm? We also have Continental breakfast for £8.50 per person, worth remembering for your next stay, we are delighted you wish to return!
We look forward to welcoming you back for another stay!

UK
Reviewed 17 January 2013

Firstly the location, it really is a 5 min walk up the road to Westfield and a 5 min cab ride into Hammersmith, so a great location.

The hotel is nice, fairly compact, rooms are clean, minimal, stylish and bordering on the too sparse, lacking charachter, but it is a hotel room afterall and not your house!

The bar is nice in the evenings, but not really the place to be. Breakfast in the morning is a basic to good range of cold goods, at £8.50 inc vat (if not in your room rate) its good value for London. You actually sit and eat your breakfast in the area that was the bar the night before and right close to the reception area, strange set up and my tip is to sit away from the every opening doors on a cold morning!

All in all a good base with the tube station just 5 mins walk and a good standard hotel.

I woudl recommend and I would stay again if in this area.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lostpassport
Thank you for your review. I am glad you liked the hotel and found us good value, and am delighted that you will be coming back to stay again.

United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 January 2013

I stayed here for the final time last October but kept forgetting to write another review. I did wonder if my previous good experience was a one-off, but each of my stays last year was pleasant.

When this hotel gets it right, it is a very good hotel. The management do seem keen to learn from guests' experiences and customer service has improved noticeably since I first started staying there.

Unfortunately my work have moved to the centre of London so I will no longer need to stay in the W12 postcode, but I am happy to recommend the hotel to anyone who does need to do so.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Thank you so much for such a lovely review! I am glad that you have noticed consistency and have enjoyed your stays throughout the past year. It is sad however to hear that you won’t be staying again…..can’t we tempt you for a lovely Spa break?

Leeds
Reviewed 15 January 2013

My partner and I stayed at K West for our anniversary weekend in November 2012 and were amazed how big it is, as it looks quite small from the front - the corridors go on for miles! We were upgraded to an executive suite on arrival which was a nice bonus. I picked this hotel as it's only a 5-10 minute walk to the tube and seemed to have a lot of local amenities; we bought breakfast from one of the local shops (it was quite expensive in the hotel) and ate out at the Pizza Express round the corner.
The bar in the lobby seemed quite lively and we later realised that this was because there was an American rapper (can't remember his name) staying there with his entourage, and when we were leaving on the Sunday some of Marilyn Manson's crew were there (not sure if the man himself was staying). This made our stay very entertaining and it was fun people-spotting when we were in and out of the hotel.
I'd definitely stay here again as it was reasonably priced and a close distance to the tube (straight on to the Central Line).

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again!