“Great spa to relax which you'll need as the hotel isn't big on letting you sleep!”
Review of K West Hotel & Spa

K West Hotel & Spa
Ranked #263 of 1,068 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 25 February 2013 via mobile

Took an overnight spa break with my wife at K west to take a break from the kids and relax. Everything was really nice, had a good massage in the spa, went for a nice Italian meal 5 minutes walk away but when we eventually wanted to sleep it was almost impossible as there was music booming out of someone's room! Eventually at 4am I asked reception to get them to sort it out but all they did was ask them to turn it down a bit....walls must be paper thin or something. Didn't spoil the weekend but the hotel is not a quite country retreat put it that way...few years ago that would have been on the plus side for us!!

• Stayed February 2013
Hilary C, General Manager at K West Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 28 February 2013
Thank you for your review. I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay overall but I’m so very sorry that nearby guests disturbed you late into the night. This incident aside, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Hilary

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Decent enough hotel, did not eat there or go to the spa though, rooms are ok , good location in Shepherds Bush, very close to Westfield shops. Bar service indifferent , waitress was more interested in chatting to the waiter than serving us. Service charge should be optional, here it s compulsory, even if you go to the bar, I thought the barman was paid to get you a drink !!! Why should a service charged be added !!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I am so sorry to hear you did not feel well cared for and I will certainly follow up on all your comments.

nottingham
Reviewed 25 February 2013

This is a great hotel for a short stay in London. the hotel staff are really friendly, the position is a little out of the centre but very close to the tube station. we stay here when we attend exhibitions at Olympia and would come back for a London holiday break,
the rooms are of a good size with a large bed and a good seating area, the only negative for me is the Wi Fi is £15.00 per night?

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank john m
Thank you for your lovely review! I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Just some information for your next visit, we do have free internet access in the K Library as well as free printing! We also offer 30 Minutes of free WI FI with any beverage purchased. We do look forward to welcoming you back again.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 23 February 2013

Spa, treatments, gym and bedrooms were all outstanding, however the Auto-Applied "discretionary" 12.5% to take top off a Peroni bottle & pour medium sized £5 glass of red wine seems like a complete fleece of an otherwise very satisfied guest. Maybe it was to pay for superfluous DJ who just seemed to ramp up volume so ordinary conversation was in audible in Bar on Friday 22/2/13.

1 Thank Anyonecare
Thank You for Your review. We do take all feedback onboard so your comments on the discretionary service charge are noted. I can assure you that we do keep in line with the rest of our London competitors. Also as a popular hotel with the media and music industries, we do have a reputation for being a cool hotel with a great vibe in our K Lounge Bar, but I am sorry if you found it not to your taste.

Lichfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2013

Just had a very short break here at the K-West with my daughter. Nice hotel with very friendly staff. We treated ourselves to a couple of spa treatments and they were excellent. We really enjoyed the spa facilities - great steam room, hot tub and even a snow room! Not much seating in the spa area if you just want to rest and read... There are three small rest areas which are prime real estate. Had a couple of meals, breakfast and lunch - all excellent. Our room was nice (a twin room) with plenty of space for both of us including a small seating area. The bathroom tiles weren't the newest, but it was fine. If you're into a "luxury" bathroom at a hotel, our room didn't offer that. One thing I will say, this hotel is all about the "upsell". From the moment we checked in we were asked if we wanted to upgrade at a cost, then there was a cost of over 15 pounds for wifi and the bottle of water in the hotel room even had a price tag of 2 pounds hanging off of it... It was a bit overboard on that, I thought. When staying at a hotel one wants to enjoy the experience without thinking about extra costs as often as I did at the K West. The Westfield shoping center is about a five minute walk. So it's a great location for a spa and shopping break.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Just some information for your next visit, we do have free internet access in the K Library as well as free printing! We also offer 30 Minutes of free WI FI with any beverage purchased. We do look forward to welcoming you back again.

Kind Regards

Hoeilaart, Belgium
Reviewed 20 February 2013

The hotel is perfectly located to have some shopping at Westfield Bushman's Kloof (only a few 100 meters away). As the underground station is very near (red, central line) it is even very good to explore the whole city.
The staff was very friendly and (because the room wasn't ready?) we got a VIP pass for the shopping center.
The room (Deluxe) was spacious with a nice seating corner and the bed was really superb!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your lovely review! I am glad you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to welcoming you back next time.

Reviewed 19 February 2013

Disappointed doesn't cover it. This is a hotel and with a spa in it - they are not set up for spa breaks. I had the MY TIME package.... And I had plenty of time alone in my room. No one showed me where the spa was or how to use anything. I never did find the gym or any classes. They give no welcome interview to go over your goals and design a programme to suit, like real Spas. The over staffed hotel reception desk simply books you into your room. The understaffed Spa reception is often neglected . So, treatments were booked up by the time I found out how to book them. I had about an hour in the spa and one great massage for my money. The spa was busy with the (mixed sex) after work/meeting crowd by the time someone was around to tell me where it was. The massage was good. The RelaX room afterwards was great too. I nearly relaxed at last until i found out that I was locked out of my room when I got back because MY TIME was up. Im Booking Champney's Springs next month to get over it.

1 Thank MaxineGr
Thank you for your feedback although I am so disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. You are right that we are not a spa resort, but we do endeavor to provide great guest care, and I am sorry that you did not feel looked after. I am glad however that you enjoyed your treatment.