“Nice hotel, spa OK”

K West Hotel & Spa
Ranked #287 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We booked a night at this hotel via Secret Escapes. The hotel is very nice, we had a lovely room and the breakfast which was included was v good and the deal we got on Secret Escapes was excellent. We paid to go into the spa (£20 each) and whilst the spa was OK, it wasn't quite what we were expecting. We had assumed we would stay there most of the day (which is what we would normally do when we go to a spa) but we had run out of things to do after less than 2 hours. The spa is quite small and they don't have any magazines etc out unlike at other spas. Also, if you are visiting the spa but not having a treatment you do not get given a robe which I thought was a bit odd, and I was a bit cold sitting on the comfy chairs in my towel, and it makes it less easy to go to the area where they have tea. Having said that I did ask where I could get a robe and the lady said that as I was cold she would make an exception and give me one, which was kind.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chloe111186338
Florian B, General Manager at K West Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Dear Chloe111186338,

Thank you for your review. I am glad you found your package deal such great value. Just to let you know, robes are available in the rooms and on request. I am sorry you were not informed of this but am happy it was resolved in the end.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

I stayed here with work, when I arrived card machines were not working so made me wait 20 mins until they got them working!!! Given room on bottom floor corridor and room smelt of damp! Didn't complain because only there for one night! Breakfast extortionate and poor choice! Didn't ask me about stay when checked out just wanted payment!!! Poor service, from reception staff but they just seemed rushed! Bar staff were good and DJ was good but felt a little strange having a club in reception!!!

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Mikeeh217

Dear Mikeeh217,

Thank you for your review. I am sad to read you didn't enjoy your stay with us. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the lack of service you have experienced during your recent stay. We do take all feed back on board and I welcome the opportunity for you to contact me directly via gm@k-west.co.uk to discuss your stay further.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

The K West is a nice mid-level boutique hotel in London. It's not a spectacular hotel but the staff and property are good at what they do.

Rooms are clean and adequately appointed. Restaurant and menu are, again, adequate. Fitness room is nice. The lobby is pretty cool with a bar and hang-out area where many guests congregate.

The hotel's location is probably it's strongest point. It is 5 minutes walk from Westfield Mall and surrounding shops. Anything you need is within walking distance.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank RobertStewartJA

Dear RobertStewartJA,

Thank you for your review. I am glad you found our staff “good at what they do”, and what they do best is customer service! Just to let you know we are currently undergoing a soft refurbishment, and by the time you visit next we will WOW you!

Reviewed 6 October 2013

I booked this hotel through Secret Escapes website and was not disappointed. We were given a 63% discount on an Executive Suite, a fantastic room. Plenty of space and a huge bed provided an excellent nights accommodation. The only criticism is that the reception staff did not know the area with regards to recommending places to eat or events taking place. We paid the extra £40 for 2 of us to use the spa facilities and throughly relaxed. The ice room was an experience in itself!! A hearty breakfast from a varied menu set us up for the day, served by very polite and cheerful waiting staff. Very expensive hotel but perfect for the Westfield shopping centre, so would recommend booking through a discount site.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Florian B, General Manager at K West Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Dear Edward,

Thank you for the 5 stars! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and that you were not disappointed, we do aim to please! Your comments regarding the reception staff has been noted, I will be sharing your feedback with the team and will suggest re training. Its great that you enjoyed the spa and that you found our waiting staff polite and cheerful. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

I booked this hotel through secretescapes.com, for a short break with my girlfriend. We stayed for just a couple nights over a weekend, but the hotel was fantastic. There was a slight issue with the booking (I assume a miscommunication between the agent and the hotel) but this was quickly sorted out, and even landed us an upgrade! The receptionist was very polite throughout and handled the problem very professionally. Our originally booked "Deluxe" was upgraded to the "Executive Room", a great sized room with a huge, immensely comfortable bed. The desk and sofa area was very nicely maintained and the television/audio set up was great too. Tons of room for our bags and clothes, with a large wardrobe and hangers. The bathroom was well equipped and had a great shower, but had a very strange clear-glass door, which removed much of the privacy you'd wish for in a bathroom. Thankfully, the bathroom was slightly around a corner, but it was still a little uncomfortable.

We did not use the Spa at any point as its use was not included in the deal we had booked. The price for a day's use was £25, which was a little steep for us, considering we were spending the majority of our time out in London anyway. Similarly, we did not try any of the food while we were there, as it was also very expensive, and we were very busy with other things.

The hotel is incredibly close to the Westfield shopping centre, around a 5 minute walk. The Sheperd's Bush underground station on the Central line is also in the same location, making access to the rest of London very quick and easy. Westfield has a huge number of restaurants, making eating out very easy, as well as a lot of designer shops. We spent a good evening just browsing and looking around, as well as having a meal.

All in all, I would definitely return to this hotel again if I could find a similar deal, and would think about returning at full price, although this would be pushing it a little.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Ben,

Thank you for such a fantastic 5 star review! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that our Polite and professional receptionist were able to resolve the miscommunication and offer you an upgrade. Just to let you know, we do a week day wind down special where in house guest get to use our wet spa from 8:00 pm till closing for only £10! We always have great package deals on line, so please keep an eye out for them. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

My boyfriend surprised me for my 19th birthday by taking me here and I've never forgotten it. Such a fantastic weekend and was so depressed to leave.
The entrance to the hotel was colourful and fantastic and inside was even more so! The receptionist was polite and informative and really seemed to enjoy her job. The room was spectacular with a HUGE bed! The spa area was clean and relaxing and I did not want the massage treatment to stop! Considering the location was near a busy shopping centre (Westfield ahhhhhh) it was so quiet!
I'd really love to come here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laura G

Dear Laura,

I am so glad you will never forget your experience here at K West! Wow, 5 stars all round! I will definitely share your feed back with our Reception team, I am sure they would love to hear it. Make sure the next time you come back you enquire about our Westfield VIP cards for guests!

Reviewed 30 September 2013

I was booked into one of the newly refurbished rooms and it had a really luxury feel to it! The room was really clean with a great comfortable bed.
The hotel is in a great location and I would throughly recommend it. The housekeeping staff were really helpful and nothing was too much trouble during my stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Florian B, General Manager at K West Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Dear Wazza,

Thank you for such a lovely review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay in particular how helpful our housekeeping staff were. This is the kind of feed back we love passing on. I’m so happy you liked our newly refurbished room and that it made a positive impact on you! It is an on going project that we hope to complete soon. We look forward to welcoming you back again.