“Fantastic time”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Fantastic time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

Wow my husband and I stayed here for our anniversary the Embassey Suite was fab, the spa was great and we both had treatments that were excellent. The staff were very attentive and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would love to stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JuliaTurnbull
Florian B, General Manager at K West Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear JuliaTurnbull,

CONGRATULATIONS!! From all of us at K West Hotel & Spa on your Anniversary and a MASSIVE Thank you for your 5 STAR review!! We are so thrilled you enjoyed your stay here and can’t wait to have you back!

Florian

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (424)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Athens, Greece
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

K-West could have been the ideal location for a London stay. It isn't because people there cannot handle the details that make hospitality an art.
I stayed with my colleagues and 3 of them (not including me) had unfortunate incidents during their stay.
My remarks are:
One day before my departure there was no cold water in the room (due to a leak as we have explained later). I was given the solution to use the Spa.
When I returned late at night I asked if the problem was fixed and they told me that it was repaired. Unfortunately there was no hot water this time. I called the Front Desk and a lady replied that someone is coming. 15 minutes later I called again and most probably the Duty Manager replied saying that he will come tin the room. He did come and started explaining how to use the tap. When he realized that there was indeed a problem he proposed a room move or to call a technician in the morning. I was too tired and said that I'll be expecting the technician at 07.00. I had to call again for the technician in the morning shift and at that time there was only hot water. The technician solved the problem rather fast but it could have been taken care from the previous day.
Since I had a very late flight I asked for a late checkout at 19.30 without extra charge. They said that the latest is noon. I proposed them to ask the Manager and I explained the series of problems with the water. They confirmed a late checkout at 16.00 which didn't meet my expectations. They said that they couldn't clean the room afterwards and when I asked if they have an evening shift in the housekeeping they said no (ridiculous excuse).
P.S. One day I used the face towel and it was taken but not replaced.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Dimitris S
Dear Scout-Dimitris,

We do sincerely apologise about the incident that took place. Unfortunately we had a burst water pipe, which meant that the water had to be turned off for the duration of the repairs. We were very lucky to have such a great response from our maintenance team, although this task kept them busy. I am sorry that the water issue was not fixed the previous day as it was part of the on going works which has since been resolved. Please do contact me via email on gm@k-west.co.uk to discuss your stay further.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

My travel agent booked this hotel for me and I have to admit my first impression was that it was a long way from the sights. That was day 1 but by day 4 I realised that she booked me in the perfect place and very central to all that London has to offer - Buckingham Palace, St James Park, Piccadilly, Notting Hill, Kensington, all just a short tube ride away. Shepherds Bush overground and tube station and numerous buses were a 2 minute walk down the road as is Westfield Shopping Mall.
The hotel itself was very comfortable and the staff were very helpful and courteous. I really didn't use many of the amenities because I was out sightseeing from dawn 'til dusk. The room was very comfortable and had a good sized bathroom. The breakfast was delicious and plenty of it.
All in all I loved the hotel and will definitely recommend it to anyone heading to London. It was actually nice to be out of the main tourist area.

Room Tip: My room was on the 6th floor. Seemed to be a good spot - very quiet
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Virgo63
Dear Virgo63,

What a LOVELY 4 STAR review! We are so glad you enjoyed the sights! We also book sight seeing tours in house. We can t wait to have you back again and move your review to the full 5 stars!

Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on a few occasions now & feel obliged to write my first review here! Each time that I have stayed I have found the hotel to be really good.
The greeting at reception is always warm & friendly & nothing is too much trouble. The rooms are clean, of good size (this is London!) and the location is spot on.
If you're staying in the hotel for the evening the restaurant is lovely (I recommend the prawn linguine) and the bar is great - well stocked, great staff and the atmosphere is always good without being too 'full on'.
I do agree that free Wi-Fi should be part of the package, I should imagine many of the guests are on business and in this day & age most of us have some sort of need for it.
However, what makes this hotel, is, in my opinion, the team that works there. They make the difference each time!
All in all, it has to be the best London hotel that I have stayed in on business (& I base this on staying in a variety of chains, big names & exclusives).
It gives me what I need every time. I just need to build in some time to try the spa!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank BlueBeetle720419
Dear BlueBeetle720419,

Its never to late for a first time review and 4 STARS no less!! Thank you so much for your feedback and for mentioning our staff, you are right it is the team that makes the difference! As for our Wifi, we do have free Wifi in all our public areas as well as free internet and printing in our K Library. We also offer free Wifi to all our corporate guest as well as in our Secret Escape promotional packages! Please do try our spa when you next visit. We do have a week day wind down special for all in house guest! (Only £10 entry after 8:00 pm till closing!)

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

We Went there for my birthday! Warm welcome and good service! they have a great spa, very good hot stone massage and they know how to take care of you. The hotel is very modern and very close to the station and Westfield! Highly recommended if you are looking for a fully accessorised spa!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Balostyle
Dear Balostyle,

WOW! What an amazing 5 STAR REVIEW! We are so glad you enjoyed your Birthday and Spa treat and Thank you for your recommendation!

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

We booked a spa weekender and were told that there was no availability for the spa though when we phoned up the day before to book our treatments. Fantastic! So we took just the room instead, a double deluxe. When we got to our room though it was a twin room, we had to wait 45 minutes whilst they cleaned another room for us and were told they had upgraded us to an executive. They didn't as the double room was exactly the same as the twin we'd just walked out of. Sky Sports was a really bad reception. Over all the room was definitely not worth £185! If they had knocked off £100 I think that would have been a fair price.

Room Tip: A good tip? Find somewhere else.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank OllyK1978
Dear OllyK1978,

That doesn't sound good at all. Sorry to hear about your ordeal, and even more sorry you went through this. I do hope you mentioned this to us and that we were able to rectify it during your stay. Thank you for letting us know about the Sky Sports, we will be looking into this. I welcome the opportunity for you to contact me directly via gm@k-west.co.uk to discuss your stay further.

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights last weekend. Firstly I have to say that paying for wi-fi in hotel rooms is a real negative for me in this day and age (availability in other areas of the hotel doesn't cut it but the access to a printer is definitely a bonus). I'm travelling a lot at the moment and am surprised when this is the case.

Apart from that issue I would say that this is a good hotel. The room I stayed in was very large and comfortable for a standard room - above average (including the bathroom). Considering how busy the hotel seemed to be I thought the service was very responsive.

The location was excellent with 2 tube stations nearby (very easy to get to Heathrow) from Sheperds Bush Market station.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Dear Andrew A,

Wow! 4 Stars! Thank you so much for your review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and found our service responsive! Just to let you know we do have free Wifi in all our public areas as well as the K Library where we have free internet and printing. We do hope to get you back soon and change your 4 star review to a 5 star one!