“Nice spa”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Newcastle Upon Tyne
“Nice spa”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

The spa was lovely we got an upgrade too which was also lovely but they had a flood 2 weeks before we arrived and the smell of damp was not very nice when we walked out of our room. The bar prices are extortionate but the food was nice and the staff were very very helpful. The receptionist couldnt apologise enough for the damp smell which i mentioned on check out. The location is great and belusshis bar is a must for the live band and the food.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Florian B, General Manager at K West Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear IrishJackie,

FOUR STARS! Wow just ONE away from FIVE! We were doing really well up until the damp smell bit. I do apologise for this once again. We had experienced a leek in the hotel, which you’ll be glad to know, has since been rectified. Thank you for mentioning our very helpful staff. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Florian

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Atlanta
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Don't bother wasting your money on this one. We had a stay from hell. Firstly it's not easy to get to, it's not near transportation and looks nothing like the photos. Our room was miles away from the elevators and our room had stains all over the place and smelt horrible. In the middle of the early hours from gone midnight til 2:30am someone in the neighboring room had guests who were drunk, loud music and singing at the top of their lungs for hours. We called security and had to threaten actually getting the police involved to really shut them down. I was exhausted from the entire stay. They did move us the next day to another room as apparently the neighbor was staying another night. The next room was an upgrade but jeez we deserved it for all of that. Will never go back here again! EVER!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Emma P
Dear Emma P,

Thank you for your feedback although I am so disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. I’m so very sorry that nearby guests disturbed you; our night manager went to investigate this twice during the night. I am glad we were able to upgrade you though. Please do contact me to discuss your stay further via gm@k-west.co.uk.

Northampton
Reviewed 11 November 2013

K West had been on my list for a couple of years but never had the need to be in Shepherds Bush until this weekend. I could go on about the let downs but I'd probably repeat many that have been raised previously by Scout-Dimitris' review. The Spa was a positive and was a highlight. Sadly the main issues related to checking in at 2.30pm and having to wait 20 minutes for an available room, a persistent damp smell around the corridors, service charging up front on a glass of wine (bit much when you've already committed to a £9/glass charge) as well as chargeable wifi (not just K West but a personal gripe of mine - should be available as standard) and extremely poor breakfast service ie order cooked breakfast, arrives cold, raise politely and request a change to organic porridge and after half an our was still waiting for it to arrive.
I'd also raise that of the three couples that I'd asked to join us over the weekend all three of us were charged differently for our rooms. One couple booked the basic room and gor a free upgrade and the other couple got for around 10% less than we paid.
It promised so much and could be great but sadly it didn't deliver on the basics as far as I'm concerned. I will probably return to my usual haunts in central London as consistently they deliver. For the money I paid (more than Zetter, Deanstreet Townhouse, Hoxton etc) I feel overcharged and underwhelmed.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bluestu12
Dear Bluestu12,

What a disappointment for me, for us. We do sincerely apologise as the day you and your friends checked in to the hotel was the day the Water pipe burst. This has since been dealt with and resolved. Regarding your wine, we do have a discretionary service charge in place, and if asked, we would be more then happy to remove it, as for our Wifi, we have free Wifi in all our public areas. You comments regarding breakfast will be looked into and investigated. The reason why the rates were different with your friends booking is because this package does not have a set rate and is subject to availability. I am so glad we were able to upgrade you though. I welcome the opportunity for you to contact me directly via gm@k-west.co.uk to discuss your stay further.

Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Wow my husband and I stayed here for our anniversary the Embassey Suite was fab, the spa was great and we both had treatments that were excellent. The staff were very attentive and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would love to stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JuliaTurnbull
Dear JuliaTurnbull,

CONGRATULATIONS!! From all of us at K West Hotel & Spa on your Anniversary and a MASSIVE Thank you for your 5 STAR review!! We are so thrilled you enjoyed your stay here and can’t wait to have you back!

Athens, Greece
Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

K-West could have been the ideal location for a London stay. It isn't because people there cannot handle the details that make hospitality an art.
I stayed with my colleagues and 3 of them (not including me) had unfortunate incidents during their stay.
My remarks are:
One day before my departure there was no cold water in the room (due to a leak as we have explained later). I was given the solution to use the Spa.
When I returned late at night I asked if the problem was fixed and they told me that it was repaired. Unfortunately there was no hot water this time. I called the Front Desk and a lady replied that someone is coming. 15 minutes later I called again and most probably the Duty Manager replied saying that he will come tin the room. He did come and started explaining how to use the tap. When he realized that there was indeed a problem he proposed a room move or to call a technician in the morning. I was too tired and said that I'll be expecting the technician at 07.00. I had to call again for the technician in the morning shift and at that time there was only hot water. The technician solved the problem rather fast but it could have been taken care from the previous day.
Since I had a very late flight I asked for a late checkout at 19.30 without extra charge. They said that the latest is noon. I proposed them to ask the Manager and I explained the series of problems with the water. They confirmed a late checkout at 16.00 which didn't meet my expectations. They said that they couldn't clean the room afterwards and when I asked if they have an evening shift in the housekeeping they said no (ridiculous excuse).
P.S. One day I used the face towel and it was taken but not replaced.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Panayiotis P
Dear Scout-Dimitris,

We do sincerely apologise about the incident that took place. Unfortunately we had a burst water pipe, which meant that the water had to be turned off for the duration of the repairs. We were very lucky to have such a great response from our maintenance team, although this task kept them busy. I am sorry that the water issue was not fixed the previous day as it was part of the on going works which has since been resolved. Please do contact me via email on gm@k-west.co.uk to discuss your stay further.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

My travel agent booked this hotel for me and I have to admit my first impression was that it was a long way from the sights. That was day 1 but by day 4 I realised that she booked me in the perfect place and very central to all that London has to offer - Buckingham Palace, St James Park, Piccadilly, Notting Hill, Kensington, all just a short tube ride away. Shepherds Bush overground and tube station and numerous buses were a 2 minute walk down the road as is Westfield Shopping Mall.
The hotel itself was very comfortable and the staff were very helpful and courteous. I really didn't use many of the amenities because I was out sightseeing from dawn 'til dusk. The room was very comfortable and had a good sized bathroom. The breakfast was delicious and plenty of it.
All in all I loved the hotel and will definitely recommend it to anyone heading to London. It was actually nice to be out of the main tourist area.

Room Tip: My room was on the 6th floor. Seemed to be a good spot - very quiet
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Virgo63
Dear Virgo63,

What a LOVELY 4 STAR review! We are so glad you enjoyed the sights! We also book sight seeing tours in house. We can t wait to have you back again and move your review to the full 5 stars!

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on a few occasions now & feel obliged to write my first review here! Each time that I have stayed I have found the hotel to be really good.
The greeting at reception is always warm & friendly & nothing is too much trouble. The rooms are clean, of good size (this is London!) and the location is spot on.
If you're staying in the hotel for the evening the restaurant is lovely (I recommend the prawn linguine) and the bar is great - well stocked, great staff and the atmosphere is always good without being too 'full on'.
I do agree that free Wi-Fi should be part of the package, I should imagine many of the guests are on business and in this day & age most of us have some sort of need for it.
However, what makes this hotel, is, in my opinion, the team that works there. They make the difference each time!
All in all, it has to be the best London hotel that I have stayed in on business (& I base this on staying in a variety of chains, big names & exclusives).
It gives me what I need every time. I just need to build in some time to try the spa!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank BlueBeetle720419
Dear BlueBeetle720419,

Its never to late for a first time review and 4 STARS no less!! Thank you so much for your feedback and for mentioning our staff, you are right it is the team that makes the difference! As for our Wifi, we do have free Wifi in all our public areas as well as free internet and printing in our K Library. We also offer free Wifi to all our corporate guest as well as in our Secret Escape promotional packages! Please do try our spa when you next visit. We do have a week day wind down special for all in house guest! (Only £10 entry after 8:00 pm till closing!)