“Simply Amazing”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Hedge End, United Kingdom
“Simply Amazing”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I booked the Love is package for my wife's 30th Birthday. ALL of the staff made us feel so welcome upon arrival and everything was done for us.

The room was covered in balloons and rose petals and the champagne and chocolates were amazing. The room was fresh, clean and very spacious with a huge bed.

The spa facilities are out of this world and the staff all go that extra mile to make you feel comfortable. We each had a 30 minute massage and 30 minute dry flotation which is incredible.

We ate in the hotel restaurant which is very reasonably priced compared to the surrounding area. The food was superb as was the wine and the service. We then spent the rest of the night in the hotel bar which is very chilled and laid back with great music.

The hotel is in a great location only a couple of minutes walk from tube station and Westfields.

We will definitely be going back next year, if you are looking for a spa in London....look no further

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GBiscuit9
Martin H, General Manager at K West Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Dear GBiscuit9,

What an awesome 5 Star Review!! I was delighted that you chose K West for your Wife’s birthday celebration – I hope it was one to remember! With the balloons, rose petals, champagne, chocolates, Spa and great service, it’s no wonder you enjoyed your stay! I am pleased you enjoyed our restaurant and thank you for all your kind comments regarding the team. We look forward to welcoming you back next Year (which is just around the corner – so hope to see you soon!)

gm@k-west.co.uk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (431)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Basildon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Well, what can I say! Just arrived back from an over-night stay here and feel more relaxed and pampered than I've ever felt. And I've had quite a few spa days!

The hotel is in a great location, just a few minutes walk away from Westfield shopping centre. We were given VIP shopping passes upon arrival at the hotel for Westfield which gave us 20% off in a range of shops and restaurants. We took advantage of the 20% off Yo! Sushi and then quickly returned to the hotel to try out the spa.

It is lush... Very clean, modern and relaxed spa area with enough room to get around. I was concerned about it being too busy, being a weekend in December, but we were able to use everything available and it certainly didn't feel crowded. The changing rooms are luxurious with great showers, a range of toiletries to use and hair dryers and straighteners. The towels and dressing gowns are comfortable and cosy, readily available in the changing rooms.

The bedroom was nicer than the average hotel bedroom, with a good sized shower and bath, comfortable beds, a sofa, table and flat screen TV. It was easy to change the temperature of the room and the curtains blacked out the light outside completely. The room was quiet and I had a great nights' sleep.

Breakfast was very good value for money, it was included in the price of our package and we could choose from a continental style buffet as well as ordering from a hot menu.

The treatments were also included in the package price and were fantastic! The staff really go the extra mile to ensure that you feel relaxed and receive a personalised experience that suits your tastes. Top quality products are used and the hotel staff are clearly highly trained, professional and love what they do.

We didn't eat an evening meal at the hotel as we chose to go out to a Japanese restaurant instead but the menu at the hotel looked delicious and very good value.

I can't wait to return! I strongly recommend this break to couples and friends, I'll be looking to return with my boyfriend in the new year. My friend and I went for the 'me time' package which cost us £150 each for the night's accommodation, breakfast, unlimited spa access over the 2 days and an hour treatment each. Excellent value for money when you consider the location of the hotel and the quality of everything from the service to the complimentary products available to use.

A 5 star experience indeed!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank secretstar87
Martin H, General Manager at K West Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear Secretstar87,

A MASSIVE THANK YOU for your 5 STAR REVIEW!! I absolutely love all the detail put into your review, we do appreciate the time you took. I am so glad you and your friend had such an amazing time here with our My Time Package and enjoyed everything from our Spa, gowns to our breakfast! I especially liked your comment about the team loving what they do – we really do!! We cant wait to welcome you and your boyfriend here in the new year! Do get in touch and let us know what we can do to make your stay even better!

Reviewed 8 December 2013

My wife and I spent our anniversary in this 4 star hotel. They were amazing. Customer service at its best. We took the winter package, which included the unlimited day use of the spa facilities. Our room was fantastic - full of rose petals upon arrival, which set the mood for our entire stay. They even wrote us an anniversary card! Talk about going the extra mile. Staff were very courteous & accommodating, making sure that my 8 month pregnant wife and I were comfortable and enjoying ourselves. Will definitely recommend.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rafael_Mendoza
Dear Rafael_Mendoza,

What an AWESOME 5 STAR review!! We are so honoured that you chose us for your Anniversary Celebrations! Guest service is our Top Priority, it is good to know we got it right! In the last Year, I have learnt a lot about the joys of travelling with a pregnant partner, so we do try to make things as easy and comfortable as possible. Thank you for your review and we hope to see you soon – bring the baby!!

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I had an amazing time when I visited the K West Spa, we made full use of the Spa and the Restaurant and couldn't find fault. The rooms were luxurious and we asked for some additional extras for the room and all were organised for our arrival. There is not much else in the area but with the Hotel as it it, this is no problem at all. I wish we could've stayed for longer.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Emma C,

We wish you could have stayed longer too!! Thank you for your 4 star review, we are so glad you enjoyed your extras, we do aim to please. I was surprised that you didn’t find much to do in the area, as we are opposite Westfield London – 270 shops, restaurants, champagne bar etc etc. Please check it out next time you visit, and I am sure you will rate us 5* for location - we will even give you a Westfield VIP Discount card on check in. We can’t wait to have you back!!

Wellingborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Had an amazing weekend away in your hotel last weekend. Fantastic room, location was great. Food at the hotel was lovely. A few minor niggles about the bed in ground floor executive suite was that the huge bed was extremely creaky when getting in and out causing disturbances during the night. TV remote was broke so TV was on for entire stay including night time as couldn't unplug either. Room cleaning was at 5pm which is around the time when we were relaxing before an evening out, so had to leave the room, so no amenities in the room till then like tea and coffee. Overall stay was amazing though and staff were helpful and friendly.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HelenGater82
Dear HelenGater82,

Thank you for your amazing 4 STAR review!!! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay (and your meals) here! About your minor “niggles” thank you for bring them to our attention. We are this week installing new ultra quiet beds, with all the creaks removed!! Don’t worry though; we didn’t get any noise complaints from your stay! As for the TV issue, I do hope you brought this to our attention as our fantastic Maintenance team would have been more then happy to help! Thanks again for taking the time to post a review, we look forward to welcoming you back and moving you to a 5 STAR review.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

This hotel offers exemplary service at all levels. Only yesterday morning, I entered the hotel for a meeting, carrying 2 briefcases - the bell boy who recognised me immediately jumped towards me and (without asking) pressed the right elevator button for my destination.

Even more noteworthy is Mario, the Dutch waiter. We were a group of 12 and we all thanked him for his attention, social aptitudes over 12 days. This guy will go a long way. He should be at reception or a restaurant meeter and greeter.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank 838CAB
Martin H, General Manager at K West Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear 838CAB,

What an AWSOME 5 STAR REVIEW! Thank you for highlighting Mario and Jose for their outstanding service! They are an asset to our hotel and I can’t wait to share this feedback with them! Guest service is our Number 1 priority, so it is amazing to read when we have got it so right - we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

I have just returned from what was to be a birthday treat, this is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in! The food was extremely disappointing as There is no food choice whatsoever. The service is terrible - While having lunch, I had the great pleasure of the staff constantly staring and pointing!! So disrespectful and unprofessional. I felt so uncomfortable. When arriving there was an issue with the air conditioning and kept blowing out cold air, this I had to call to fix. Really disappointed with my stay here and will not be retuning nor recommending this to friends or family!

• Stayed December 2013
3 Thank kkulkar
Hi kkulkar

Oh dear.... I am so sorry to read that you felt this way. I do hope you brought these issues to our attention during your stay so we could rectify the situation. I would welcome the chance to learn more about your stay as to my knowledge we do offer a choice of meals and we do work hard on team training. Please contact me via gm@k-west.co.uk so I can investigate further.