“Relaxing Stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Solihull, United Kingdom
“Relaxing Stay”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night for a spa get away.
Our room was large and spacious, however the shower head in the bathroom was a bit low for my 6'2 partner...
However, everything was clean and tidy,with a really comfortable bed and lovely decor.
At the spa we both had aromatherapy massages which were excellent, the spa facilities, whilst on the small side, were excellent. The nice part were the enclaves where two people could sit and relax together.
Breakfast the next morning was great, there was a good variation of a continental breakfast with cereals, fresh fruit,yoghurt and teas and coffee.
The staff were all very helpful and friendly,letting us leave our bags there the next day whilst we went for an explore.
Also, a short walk from the tube station and easy to find

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Martin H, General Manager at K West Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Hello Yardley_amy

What an AWESOME 5 STAR REVIEW! Our fabulous K Spa is definitely (in my unbiased opinion!) THE place to go for a Spa getaway! Thank you for mentioning our friendly, helpful team and our lovely décor (and breakfast). We are so glad you enjoyed your time with us – please come back and do it all again soon!!

gm@k-west.co.uk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
South Shields, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I have stayed here numerous times, some good, some BAD. There seems to be a recurring theme of booking cock ups and room assignments when checking in late at night. Twice I've booked a twin and got a double when the hotel was fully booked. This meant having to share a bed with a colleague. I don't mind so much because he's a good friend, but this could have been a very uncomfortable scenario for some people. This has happened a few times to numerous people I know.
POSITIVES:
Great location just next to Shepherds Bush and the Westfield shopping centre.
Great breakfast but expensive.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Hi Toonreview,

Thank you for your 4 STAR REVIEW!! Although I am sorry to hear about the mix up... I have addressed this with our Night team, as you have mentioned, not all colleagues want to be that close! This can sometimes happen when booking through third party websites so I always recommend a direct booking to guarantee room type. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 March 2014

After having a not so enjoyable hotel stay on our previous trip but really enjoying the spa facilities, we book a spa day at K West for my Birthday. The spa was as relaxing as I remembered it, however, it was quite busy (approximately 10 couples or so, at most times) and so was a bit busy for the most time. One improvement could be the addition of a swimming pool.

However, overall we enjoyed our spa day and the highlight was my caviar exfoliation treatment. After having the hot stone massage at K West during my last visit I had high expectations for this treatment and wasn't disappointed. I had my treatment with a male member of the spa team, and I had no need to be anxious as he was very professional, friendly and the treatment was very enjoyable.

I'm not sure whether there's the availability to dine in the spa dressing gowns during the day, but if not, it would be good if the hotel offered the opportunity to dine during the spa day. As we were unsure whether this is available we got dressed to eat.

The hotel staff were seen throughout the day cleaning the changing facilities and the swimming area was good.

However, after my partner and I went off site to eat we returned to find that my partner's locker combination had changed. When he found a member of staff they advised that they needed to find something? so went into his locker and then changed the combination. Luckily my partner had taken any valuables with him, but we weren't very comfortable with the idea that staff went into customer's lockers without permission or warning and then my partner couldn't gain access into his locker.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Martin H, General Manager at K West Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Hello xxljpxx,

What a lovely 4 STAR REVIEW! I can see we have gone up in your estimation since your last visited in 2010, I’m pleased you like the improvements. Our friendly Team would have been happy to advise you that you are definitely welcome to dine in your Spa robe – our Spa Reception team are there to help. Regarding the locker, I’m sorry if you didn’t feel the Team member had explained correctly the reason for accessing. We did follow our security protocols and I am happy to discuss further.
Thanks again for returning to K-West and we hope to see you again soon.

london
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Me and my girlfriend stayed here for her birthday we booked a spa stay and were really pleased with this stay.
we checked in and our room was not yet ready so were directed over to the bar opposite reception for a complimentary drink while we waited in my opinion a very good way of dealing with the issue .
we went to our room which was larger than i expected with large bed and bathroom very clean an very comfortable with a ,modern decor.
the spa was fantastic including foot baths , a steam room, sauna, samarium,snow room, (real snow really good fun) hydrotherapy pool and sun meadow which is £15 for 20 mins i think ,for production of vitamin d12 cool experience .

we had a massage and body exfoliation which was lovely great therapists .

breakfast was very good with a large menu and included in our price

if i had any negatives about the k west they would be situated strangely on a Sheperds bush estate all be it 1 minute from Westfeild seemed like an age away from the contemporary shopping centre.

an odd layout restaurant and spa on same floor as rooms and not really separated enough.

bar furniture was tatty and as on the ground floor next to the reception doesn't give the best first impression .

2 JD and cokes are about £14 which i wouldn't mind paying in a nice bar in London but this isn't that its a bar at the reception with a travel lodge style bar rather than somewhere like carriage 34 or hyde & co .

overall a great experience and well worth the money would return.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Martin H, General Manager at K West Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Hi remymartinLondon,

Thank you for the AWESOME 4 STARS! So glad you enjoyed your complimentary drinks, found our huge rooms really clean and had fun in our K Spa’s Snow Paradise (the only one in London by the way). Our residential location takes us away from the road noise but just a couple of min’s from all the delights of Westfield. Just to let you know, we have some exciting new changes in the works for our K Lounge, so watch this space! I am glad you found us worth the money and we look forward to your return!

Southampton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 March 2014

This review is actually coming a little late as my boyfriend & I Stayed in the K West In 22-23rd December 2013, but it was so perfect that I wanted to make time for a review. This was our second stay at the hotel and It was Just as lovely as before.
We arrived at the hotel at 10am, wanting to drop our bags off in the lobby, as check in wasnt until 2pm but we didnt want to drag our bags round London with us for the day - but we were pleasantly surprised to find that our room was already ready for us so we were checked in right away!
We went to our room and it was absolutely spotless, and massive! We payed £99 for the night including breakfast (booked through secret escapes) - and for the price i was so happy - I would have happily paid double this for how lovely it is!
We had a lovely TV, a huuuge bed, a seating area and the bathroom was wonderful - very clean and modern with some sweet little amenities! There was an ice machine just down the corridor for all guests to use so we could have some chilled drinks in our room.
There was water in the rooms fridge but you do have to pay for these.
We also used the Hotels spa again and it was just as lovely as we remembered. Some people complain that you have to pay to use it, but the facilities are so professional, well maintained & calming and the whole area is constantly cleaned so it is definitely worth it. I also like the fact that it is never crowded, so we were happy to pay £20 each.
We slept very soundly in the room - no interruptions or loud noises through the night and plenty of time to sort yourself out in the morning as check out isnt until 10am.
We were booked for breakfast in the morning but werent sure what to expect as we didnt have it last time we stayed. We were absolutely stunned when we visited the 'Kanteen' it was spotless with a very welcoming atmosphere and extensive choice of food. We were seated by a very bubbly, friendly gentleman (didnt catch his name, sorry!) who spoke to us and was genuinely interested in the conversation.
We were able to choose any drink and breakfast from the menu and the quality was just out of this world. I had pancakes with syrup and my boyfriend chose a full breakfast - both were visually appealing as well as being cooked to perfection. Once we had finished we were also told, to our delight, that we could help ourselves to the continental buffet downstairs which offered fresh fruits (including watermelon - my favourite), pastries, cereals and juices! How lovely!
We checked out with ease, thanks to the friendly staff and were happy that we were able to leave our bags in the lobby while we enjoyed our day in London and collect them later on.
The hotel is only a short walk to the underground making all the big London sights easily accessible but being able to sleep without all the noise of central London! You can even walk to Westfield shopping centre in just 7 minutes - much to my delight (K west even provide you with a discount card for this shopping centre!)!
Overall, another fabulous stay at the K west & Thanks to the staff for making it all the more welcoming and memorable! We cant wait to book again!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Martin H, General Manager at K West Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Hi Emma H!

Wow! What an awesomely detailed PERFECT SCORE REVIEW! And a second one at that! We are definitely doing something right to keep you coming back! Huuuuge fluffy beds to sink into and a Welcoming Kanteen Restaurant! Yep! I would definitely class it a fabulous stay! Thank you for mentioning our bubbly waiter, we do have a few of them around! It was good to read your comments regarding our policy of charging for the Wet Spa, which enables Spa enthusiasts to enjoy the journey through steam, snow and water bubbles in an uncrowded and serene atmosphere. So pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and can’t wait till you book again!

London
Reviewed 14 March 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at the K West hotel for my 31st birthday. We arrived at around 19:30 and we were greeted by Brooke, a very friendly and helpful member of the Reception team. She informed us of the complimentary late check out (1pm) and upgraded us to an Executive Room which was a pleasant start to our stay!

The room was a great size and incredibly quiet. The bed was huge and provided a fantastic night's sleep, it was faultless. The only slight downside to the room was the bathroom door! Although I am sure it would not bother most people, the door is glass and you can see through most of it, to the person inside, which I felt was a slight invasion of privacy. I wouldn't however, say this impacted on the quality of the room.

We enjoyed an evening meal in the restaurant. The service was speedy and efficient. We did order some white wine which had a strange taste - it was agreed by staff that it had gone sour and was immediately replaced. The service in this situation was great but it was a shame that we had to send it back.

Our night's sleep was fantastic, as mentioned, and the following morning we had breakfast in the restaurant. This was not the greatest experience as the lady that took our order forgot to order my breakfast which concluded in my boyfriend and I having to eat separately, as my order was delayed. This did put a real downer on my breakfast experience, as it was my birthday and it would've been nice to both eat together - as you would ordinarily expect in a restaurant. Again, those on service were good at rectifying the problem, it's just a shame it happened in the first place.

We then spent the rest of the morning/early afternoon in the spa - which was our main attraction for the hotel. I cannot complain, at all, about the spa and the treatments we had. Both of us had an hour body exfoliation and back massage - amazing. Simply brilliant. We then spent the rest of the time in the sauna/hydropool/snow paradise/steam room. It was quiet and perfectly peaceful - we cannot describe how great the experience was. The changing rooms also have everything needed e.g. great quality shampoo/conditioner/shower gel and accessories such as hair straighteners.

Finally, the location itself was ideal for us. We live in greater London and work in the City, so London is not new to us however, the hotel location was next door to Westfields - somewhere we don't go that frequently. It was a very quick walk to lots of eateries/cinema/shops so after our visit we went straight there for food and the cinema. We were also given a voucher by K West to give at Westfields for a 25% discount in certain shops which was incredibly useful.

Overall, it was a great stay - made all the better by the comfortable bed and amazing spa. Shame about some of the little errors like the breakfast, but this wouldn't stop us visiting again.

Room Tip: I imagine those at the back of the hotel would be quieter as the Reception/bar area is at the front...
1 Thank Sophie L
Martin H, General Manager at K West Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Hello SophieAvis,

What a fantastically detailed 4 STAR REVIEW – you should write a blog!! So glad you enjoyed you stay and thank you for choosing us as the venue to celebrate your Birthday! We LOVE celebrating with our guests! I do apologise that we forgot to place your breakfast order - I have addressed this with our team. With the upgrades, fantastic nights sleep, great location (so close to Westfield) and an awesome Spa I’m glad these “errors” didn’t impact too much on you stay and that you had such a great time otherwise. We can’t wait till you visit us again!

Les Carroz-d'Araches, France
Reviewed 14 March 2014

My partner and I stayed at the KWest hotel from 9th-11th March and we enjoyed our stay. We like to say thank you to the Duty Host Manager, who helped us with our request on Sunday the 9th March. The beds were very comfortable and the towels were great and super soft. We found the Spa staff very pleasant and helpful and the spa was lovely. We loved Lourdes from the reception team and her helpful manners were very appreciated by us, however all other staff were friendly too. We will be back in May and look very much forward to it. Thank you very much. Warm regards, Mark and Nadine

Room Tip: We had room 415 and it look out to the residential area which was very quiet.
1 Thank Snowhasl
Hi Mark and Nadine!

What a Wonderful 4 STAR REVIEW!! Thank you for your kind compliments to all our team and for particularly mentioning our Duty Manager, Lourdes and the K Spa team! I’m pleased you liked our “super soft” towels – the small details make all the difference. We really do love comments like these, makes us want to work even harder to please out guests (and hopefully move them to a 5 star rating for their next visit!) We look forward to seeing you return in May!!