“Relaxing Easter weekend ruined. Read this review!”
Review of K West Hotel & Spa

K West Hotel & Spa
Ranked #271 of 1,072 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Upon arrival there was confusion with what we actually booked.
Once checked in we went straight down to the "spa" which appears a lot bigger on the website pictures than it actually is. We had to queue for anything in the spa which made it feel like we was on a conveyor belt. Once we had a slot to dip in the small hydro pool we couldn't hand our robes or towel anywhere so had to leave on the side like most others. When we left the small hydro pool our towels were missing and our robes moved completely by other guests, in order to have some space to sit down. There were no staff maintaining the area or assisting the guests.
What looked like the space of a few guest rooms converted in to a "spa" looked dirty as there were glasses and cups left all over with staff only replenishing the water jugs.
It is clear that although the hotel states that it manages guest levels for the spa it clearly doesn't as it was clearly overcrowded.
We then left after managing to use 2 of the spa facilities to have massages. My girlfriend had to wait an extra 30 minutes as there was a large group complaining about accessing the spa all together for about 15 minutes next to the "relaxation" area. The staff then conceded and allowed the large group in to the spa area which then followed by guests leaving the spa area and complaining that there is clearly not enough space for everyone which my girlfriend had to sit through and delayed her massage further. The actual massages were very good.
By the time I finished my massage, my girlfriend had just started hers. I was unable to return to the spa as it was clearly too full so I returned to my room and watched TV.
When my girlfriend returned, she called reception to ask for robes as there were none in the room as should be as the room was taking a while to hear up. She called again an hour later and was again promised to be brought to the room but they never arrived.
The room service food was very good. We both ordered the sirloin steak (we got ribeye) with chips (we both got potato fondant).
The next morning we went to breakfast for another ordeal which after everything I just want to get this experience over so don't want to remind ourselves how further bad it got.
On checkout we requested to speak with the manager to raise our concerns for our stay. We were taken away from the reception desk and we freely discussed our stay. He then checked out our story with the spa staff and then come back to us to confirm what we had already stated. He did offer us a discounted room rate and a refund of spa as we were unable to use properly.
I'm glad we had the massages to get over staying here.
Not recommended for an actual spa break, more suitable for a shopping trip put stop or work overnight accommodation.
An average review only due to the nice room (although we had an upgraded room rather than standard), the room service meal quality and the offer of refund/discount by the manager.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Martin H, General Manager at K West Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear BatemanJ,

Thank you for your feedback. I do apologise for the issues you faced during your stay. We really work hard to manage the numbers in the Spa whilst trying not to disappoint anyone else who wants to use the facility. Consistently fantastic service is one thing we always strive to achieve, and I am really sorry that we let you down on this occasion. I am so glad you enjoyed your treatment and room service, and I was pleased to read that you met with the Duty Manager to resolve your issues prior to departure.

Feel free to contact me directly to discuss further. I would love the opportunity to welcome you back so you can enjoy the Spa at a quieter time.

There are newer reviews for K West Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I went to the KWest Spa with a friend last week as part of an Amazon deal. The spa is first class. It is very clean and comprises mainly of a huge jacuzzy, 2 saunas, a steam room, a foot basin and a "snow room". This was my first experience of a snow room and I found it exhilarating. After the SPA we were treated to a handsome 2 course lunch with very generous portions. All in all we had a great time and I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Martin H, General Manager at K West Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Hello lolittaLondon,

What a Brilliant 5 STAR REVIEW! Our Snow Paradise is the only one in London – it gives an amazing contrast through the Spa journey from our hydrotherapy pool to our steam room via an icy experience of real snow!! Definitely an exhilarating experience. So thrilled you enjoyed the great lunch (our new menu launches soon)! All in all, we can’t wait to have you back!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Highly recommend this Spa Hotel.
Staff were smiling and very helpful, room was spacious and clean and very comfortable. Enjoyed Shopper Package which included delicious breakfast. It was a special occasion, my husband's birthday. The staff had gone the extra mile to surprise us and provided balloons and Happy Birthday card and cake waiting in the room on arrival! Nice personal touch.
Had the MOST RELAXING full body aromatherapy massage with EXCELLENT massage therapist Lyudmyla who got rid of all "stressful knots" in my body, leaving me feeling like a new woman! Were given 20% off actual Spa fee as special occasion and returning customers.
Also received complementary cocktails of our choice which were A-MA-ZING! Will certainly return.

Room Tip: Tell staff you want a quiet room, we did and got one. Also not too near lifts as we learned this fir...

Hi Marg0Tn2014,

What a FABULOUS 4 STAR REVIEW!! I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay, the room, the breakfast, the special birthday treat, the most relaxing treatment with our amazing Lyudmyla (she is now our Spa Manager) a 20% discount AND complimentary Cocktails!! You must let us know what we can do to move you from a 4 to 5 a star review on your next visit – can we go an extra 2 miles??

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Located in a nice street, the K-West looks great from the exterior and the reception area is also impressive. However, it's clearly older than the facade suggests, something that becomes evident as you walk down the twenty mile long corridor if you get a room right at the back at the hotel! It feels like a 10 minute walk! The rooms are well appointed, if laid out a little strangely, but the bed only had one square pillow + a small cushion, despite being half way between single & double size, so finding a comfortable sleeping position took a bit of organisation. The shower is also bizarrely slightly overly powerful, meaning you almost end up through the wall once the shower is turned on. Much of the water also ends up on the ceiling, slightly worryingly. It's otherwise nicely furnished and breakfast was okay, even if you feel like you're waiting for a taxi as you enjoy it; the breakfast area sort of doubles as the reception area and bar. Overall though, a good stay.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank LittleAygo
Martin H, General Manager at K West Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear LittleAygo,

Thank you for your 4 STAR REVIEW!! I feel the need to clarify, that our corridors are not actually 20 miles long – I’m concerned that the London Marathon might want to relocate their course. We do provide extra pillows which are located in the wardrobe in every room, and if you ever needed more, we are more than happy to provide them for you – just call Reception. As for the showers, thank you for the feedback - the settings are adjustable and pressure can be changed according to your preference. I’m glad you found our breakfast ok and that you had a good stay.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Recently booked a spa day here with my friend via last minute.com.

£90 for a full days use of the spa facilities, a full body exfoliation (30 mins) and a back and shoulder massage (30 minutes).

We couldn't fault the whole experience, upon arrival we were warmly welcomed and shown to changing rooms and given robes and flip flops. Then taken for our treatments which were amazing and so relaxing.

Post treatments, we were taken to the Relaks zone which involves just laying on loungers in an amazingly quiet and peaceful room, magazines, water and fruit provided.

The spa facilities are then all in one main area, steam room, sauna, sanarium, hydrotherapy pool, relaxing cubby holes, snow paradise, foot bath and experience showers. We tried everything, I mainly used the sanarium out of the heat areas as it suited me best, the snow paradise is weird but a really fun experience and well worth a go. Pool was lovely the hydrotherapy bubbles practically washed me away they were so powerful haha!

We enjoyed most of the day just curled up in a cubbyhole having 10 minutes here or there and then returning. The experience showers were definitely an experience and then there are normal showers through in the changing rooms to get ready.

The provision of hairdryer and GHD straighteners was also a very welcome addition when we came to getting ready to leave and to be honest we only left out of hunger otherwise I'm not sure we would ever have come out it was simply so comfortable and relaxing! Definitely a place that I would visit again and has made me want to go on spa days all the time!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank AmyW1991

Hi AmyW1991,

What a FANTASTIC 5 STAR REVIEW! We are so ecstatic you enjoyed your Spa Day!! I’m pleased you enjoyed our amazing treatments and liked our Snow Paradise – it’s one of my favourite parts of the Hotel. Just to let you know, when hunger strikes we do have a Kanteen Restaurant upstairs on the 4th Floor, and you more then welcome to come up in your robes for lunch and return to the spa later!! Can’t wait for you to return for another Spa Day!

Reviewed 20 April 2014

We hunted for reasonable priced hotel and found this one near the Shepherds Bush Tube stop. It is accessible to the hop on/off buses or using regular buses or tube to visit the London sights. The have a bar and restaurant onsite with happy hour 2 for 1 in bar. They have a spa and salon onsite and although we didn't use it, lots and lots of people did - even on Easter!! We loved our stay here for about half the cost of many other London hotels.

Room Tip: Reception is on floor 3, so 2 floors of rooms below, and 2 floors of rooms above. The spa is on flo...
1  Thank Jeff S

Dear Jeff S,

What an AMAZING 5 STAR REVIEW!! Thanks for hunting us down!! So glad you enjoyed happy hour (2-4-1 cocktails should make everyone happy) and your stay! You have to try our K Spa when you return!

Reviewed 17 April 2014

We stayed her for one night while we were attending a film premiere in the Westfield shopping center.
We arrived at the hotel at 12pm but was unable to check in, but they looked after our luggage while we went to explore the local area.
Its in a great location, just a 5 minute walk from Shepards Bush tube station and the fab Westfield shopping centre.
We went back around 2pm and were allowed to be checked in, we had an executive double room.
The room was huge! King size bed, desk, mini bar, bath robes. Everything you could want.
Great sized bathroom, only downside was the door for the bathroom was frosted glass in strips as such so you could see through the bathroom door!
Ok if your a couple but could be awkard if sharing with a friend.
Room temperate was brilliant, which is hard to get right in hotels!
We went down to breakfast the following morning and was dissapointed with the quality, cant comment on the quality of the cooked breakfast as we didnt try that.
Overall, we would 100% stay again, friendly receptions staff were great. Shame we didnt get chance to try out the spa facilities

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bristol-blondie86

Hello bristol-blondie86,

Thank you for the 4 STAR REVIEW! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and got to explore the local area! With Huge rooms, Comfy Beds, Friendly staff no wonder you would 100% stay again! Thank you for your feedback regarding the frosted glass doors – we are happy to cover the doors if you think your friends may try to peep at you. When you come back you really must try our K Spa! I think it would move you from 4 to 5 Stars!!