“People make the difference”
Review of K West Hotel & Spa

K West Hotel & Spa
Ranked #263 of 1,068 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
london
“People make the difference”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I have used K West several times for training workshops - a couple of times recently. It's a really nice venue but what makes the difference for me is Mario - he is friendly, helpful and nothing is too much bother - he really goes above and beyond excellent customer service. I work in hotels and conference venues a lot and am often frustrated by the lack of customer service but not here. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank 19putney
Martin H, General Manager at K West Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Hi 19putney,

What a WONDERFUL 4 STAR REVIEW! I completely agree, people do make the difference and it’s so awesome when our team members are mentioned by name! Mario is definitely an asset!! (The rest of our team are pretty great too!) He loved the note you left for him and has stuck it up, although it didn’t quite fit in his locker, so he used our notice board instead! Thank you for your recommendation and we can’t wait till you return – let us know what we have to do to move you to Five Stars!!!

gm@k-west.co.uk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We booked an Executive Room at the K West Hotel for 8 nights around Easter and we were not disappointed. The room was spacious enough for an extended stay and the hotel was quiet and convenient, with only a five minute walk to Shepherd's Bush Underground. We chose the hotel as our son lives in London and the hotel was close to his flat (London flats can be way too small for visiting parents, especially with the inevitable flatmates!).

We didn't sample the breakfast as we thought it very expensive at 17.50 GBP per person ($32.00 each). We chose a freshly cooked breakfast at nearby Westfield London for 9.50 GBP, which we shared and still had a plateful of food each. Nevertheless, we ordered room service food on a couple of occasions and it was hot, well presented and arrived in a timely manner.

We travel a lot and a couple of things I missed at K West were bathroom amenities (shower cap) and no mini bar. The only item in the mini bar was a bottle of water for 2 GBP. (We're used to 2 - 4 bottles of complimentary water per day). The bathroom was spacious but the shower was in the bathtub and over-spray went everywhere! A couple of maintenance issues needed addressing but nothing to spoil our stay. Water pressure was also very good as nothing irritates me more than those dreaded water saving showers where you have to walk around to get wet!

The room was serviced very well each day and we found the bed to be very comfortable indeed. Overall I can confidently recommend the K West Hotel. By way of constructive criticism I noticed that the reception staff sometimes looked a little scruffy. A more professional dress code would help in that regard.

Room Tip: Executive room for an extended stay provides plenty of space.
1 Thank Sue-Murray
Hello Sue-Murray,

Thank you so much for such a detailed 4 STAR REVIEW! I’m so delighted you enjoyed your 8 night stay and found our Executive rooms and beds super comfy! Just to let you know we do have other breakfast options, Continental being just £9.50 for a huge selection of delicious goodies! Also shower caps and other amenities are all available on request. Thank you for your comments on the Reception uniform – our brand new Team wardrobe is ordered and will be with us very soon!! We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 26 April 2014

I was there on a business trip recently and was very pleased. The customer service at the front desk was very welcoming and informative. I liked the location, which was very close to the Westfield Mall, very handy. Heads up - if you plan to use Uber, I suggest telling them the address of 38 Richmond Way. (The hotel doesn't have a number, and when I said just Richmond Way the drivers were not sure where to go)
I had a tiny problem with the faucet in my bathroom, and even though maintenance was gone for the night, the hotel manager on duty came up and put a temporary fix on it. Maintenance fixed it immediately the next morning. Also had a problem with the wireless internet (said too many active users and I could not log on) but the manager fixed that as well immediately, by bringing me a hard line ethernet cable to plug into the wall. Great place, would definitely recommend and stay again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JennIsaacs .
Dear Jennisaacs,

What a GRRRREAT 5 STAR REVIEW! Thank you for mentioning our front desk customer service!! I’m so glad you felt welcomed and that the little niggles that arose during your stay were dealt with immediately! Also thank you for the handy travelling tip (most taxi drivers will know the famous K West) and the recommendation - can’t wait till you stay again!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Upon arrival there was confusion with what we actually booked.
Once checked in we went straight down to the "spa" which appears a lot bigger on the website pictures than it actually is. We had to queue for anything in the spa which made it feel like we was on a conveyor belt. Once we had a slot to dip in the small hydro pool we couldn't hand our robes or towel anywhere so had to leave on the side like most others. When we left the small hydro pool our towels were missing and our robes moved completely by other guests, in order to have some space to sit down. There were no staff maintaining the area or assisting the guests.
What looked like the space of a few guest rooms converted in to a "spa" looked dirty as there were glasses and cups left all over with staff only replenishing the water jugs.
It is clear that although the hotel states that it manages guest levels for the spa it clearly doesn't as it was clearly overcrowded.
We then left after managing to use 2 of the spa facilities to have massages. My girlfriend had to wait an extra 30 minutes as there was a large group complaining about accessing the spa all together for about 15 minutes next to the "relaxation" area. The staff then conceded and allowed the large group in to the spa area which then followed by guests leaving the spa area and complaining that there is clearly not enough space for everyone which my girlfriend had to sit through and delayed her massage further. The actual massages were very good.
By the time I finished my massage, my girlfriend had just started hers. I was unable to return to the spa as it was clearly too full so I returned to my room and watched TV.
When my girlfriend returned, she called reception to ask for robes as there were none in the room as should be as the room was taking a while to hear up. She called again an hour later and was again promised to be brought to the room but they never arrived.
The room service food was very good. We both ordered the sirloin steak (we got ribeye) with chips (we both got potato fondant).
The next morning we went to breakfast for another ordeal which after everything I just want to get this experience over so don't want to remind ourselves how further bad it got.
On checkout we requested to speak with the manager to raise our concerns for our stay. We were taken away from the reception desk and we freely discussed our stay. He then checked out our story with the spa staff and then come back to us to confirm what we had already stated. He did offer us a discounted room rate and a refund of spa as we were unable to use properly.
I'm glad we had the massages to get over staying here.
Not recommended for an actual spa break, more suitable for a shopping trip put stop or work overnight accommodation.
An average review only due to the nice room (although we had an upgraded room rather than standard), the room service meal quality and the offer of refund/discount by the manager.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Martin H, General Manager at K West Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear BatemanJ,

Thank you for your feedback. I do apologise for the issues you faced during your stay. We really work hard to manage the numbers in the Spa whilst trying not to disappoint anyone else who wants to use the facility. Consistently fantastic service is one thing we always strive to achieve, and I am really sorry that we let you down on this occasion. I am so glad you enjoyed your treatment and room service, and I was pleased to read that you met with the Duty Manager to resolve your issues prior to departure.

Feel free to contact me directly to discuss further. I would love the opportunity to welcome you back so you can enjoy the Spa at a quieter time.

london
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I went to the KWest Spa with a friend last week as part of an Amazon deal. The spa is first class. It is very clean and comprises mainly of a huge jacuzzy, 2 saunas, a steam room, a foot basin and a "snow room". This was my first experience of a snow room and I found it exhilarating. After the SPA we were treated to a handsome 2 course lunch with very generous portions. All in all we had a great time and I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Martin H, General Manager at K West Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Hello lolittaLondon,

What a Brilliant 5 STAR REVIEW! Our Snow Paradise is the only one in London – it gives an amazing contrast through the Spa journey from our hydrotherapy pool to our steam room via an icy experience of real snow!! Definitely an exhilarating experience. So thrilled you enjoyed the great lunch (our new menu launches soon)! All in all, we can’t wait to have you back!

Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Highly recommend this Spa Hotel.
Staff were smiling and very helpful, room was spacious and clean and very comfortable. Enjoyed Shopper Package which included delicious breakfast. It was a special occasion, my husband's birthday. The staff had gone the extra mile to surprise us and provided balloons and Happy Birthday card and cake waiting in the room on arrival! Nice personal touch.
Had the MOST RELAXING full body aromatherapy massage with EXCELLENT massage therapist Lyudmyla who got rid of all "stressful knots" in my body, leaving me feeling like a new woman! Were given 20% off actual Spa fee as special occasion and returning customers.
Also received complementary cocktails of our choice which were A-MA-ZING! Will certainly return.

Room Tip: Tell staff you want a quiet room, we did and got one. Also not too near lifts as we learned this fir...
Hi Marg0Tn2014,

What a FABULOUS 4 STAR REVIEW!! I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay, the room, the breakfast, the special birthday treat, the most relaxing treatment with our amazing Lyudmyla (she is now our Spa Manager) a 20% discount AND complimentary Cocktails!! You must let us know what we can do to move you from a 4 to 5 a star review on your next visit – can we go an extra 2 miles??

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Located in a nice street, the K-West looks great from the exterior and the reception area is also impressive. However, it's clearly older than the facade suggests, something that becomes evident as you walk down the twenty mile long corridor if you get a room right at the back at the hotel! It feels like a 10 minute walk! The rooms are well appointed, if laid out a little strangely, but the bed only had one square pillow + a small cushion, despite being half way between single & double size, so finding a comfortable sleeping position took a bit of organisation. The shower is also bizarrely slightly overly powerful, meaning you almost end up through the wall once the shower is turned on. Much of the water also ends up on the ceiling, slightly worryingly. It's otherwise nicely furnished and breakfast was okay, even if you feel like you're waiting for a taxi as you enjoy it; the breakfast area sort of doubles as the reception area and bar. Overall though, a good stay.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank LittleAygo
Martin H, General Manager at K West Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear LittleAygo,

Thank you for your 4 STAR REVIEW!! I feel the need to clarify, that our corridors are not actually 20 miles long – I’m concerned that the London Marathon might want to relocate their course. We do provide extra pillows which are located in the wardrobe in every room, and if you ever needed more, we are more than happy to provide them for you – just call Reception. As for the showers, thank you for the feedback - the settings are adjustable and pressure can be changed according to your preference. I’m glad you found our breakfast ok and that you had a good stay.