“Excellent Customer Service”

Ranked #259 of 1,067 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Excellent Customer Service”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I booked the 'My Time Spa Break' Package with a friend of mine as a birthday treat. I was impressed with friendly and professional staff throughout our stay and excellent spa facilities. We were not rushed out after we checked out and staff were patient with us when we had trouble with doors and a locker. Staff went out of their way during our stay to be helpful and breakfast was great. I would have preferred to have had our treatments the day before as we had to wake up early and have our treatments and therefore breakfast separately however, with a week's notice this was understandable.

Thanks to Nam for our exfoliation and massage treatments, you made us feel relaxed and made sure we were comfortable. We would return again but I do agree that a charger socket by the beds would be convenient/more plug points generally.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Martin H, General Manager at K West Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Hello Sweeney19882014,

What a FANTASTIC 4 STAR REVIEW!! I am so glad we impressed you and that you enjoyed our excellent spa facilities and found our Team friendly, professional and helpful! Thank you for mentioning Nemanja, like all of our therapists he is great at what he does! Regarding the sockets, we are looking to add USB points near the bed as we all make late night texts before sleep and need the phone close at hand for the alarm. This should be completed in the next month, all part of the evolution of K West.

gm@k-west.co.uk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (431)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

What a strange and disappointing hotel. Firstly the good points:
Good location, very close to the tube station and Westfield.
Nice room, very comfy bed.
Good quality cooked breakfast.

Now the bad/bizarre points:
Check in took over 20 minutes, despite the fact I'd prepaid for my room they couldn't find my booking and the receptionist had to keep running out the back to check things. I even had to email them a copy of my booking confirmation even though I was standing right there. It was a complete shambles and a very poor first impression. In fairness, I was upgraded for the inconvenience but only because it was clear how annoyed I was.

No plug sockets near either side of the bed, making charging phones overnight a hassle.

I called reception to inform them I didn't have a breakfast order form and despite them saying one would be brought up it never arrived.

Housekeeping barged into the room early in the morning, presumably to clean the room, despite the fact I was leaving that day.

However, the most infuriating gripe was that 10 minutes after my breakfast had been delivered to my room, and just as I was enjoying it, I got a call from the hotel to say I needed to pay the room service surcharge. Fine, I fully expected that, but didn't expect to receive a phone call about it and I certainly didn't expect to be told that I had to pay the £5.50 immediately. I asked if I could have it added to my room bill and pay for it at checkout (as any other sane hotel would allow you to do), but no, someone would be coming to my room in a few minutes (when I should have been enjoying a relaxing breakfast) to take the £5.50. Utterly bizarre.

And just when I thought the service couldn't get any worse I received a knock on my door at 11.45am to ask when I was checking out. I had already double checked with the hotel that check out was at 12 noon, so I wasn't even late. Talk about making you feel unwelcome!

It's a shame because most of the staff I encountered were all very friendly, it's the hotel's processes and procedures (or lack of) that are the problem.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank EmmaOLondon
Martin H, General Manager at K West Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear EmmaOLondon,

Thank you for your detailed review, I am genuinely sorry that we have let you down on this occasion; it seems like you liked the room, the food, the team and the location but we really messed up on a couple of things which I can fully understand your frustration with. I know you have said “Never again” but please Email me directly and give me the opportunity to put things right.

Malaga, Spain
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel whilst working at Olympia. The hotel is 10 minutes walk from Olympia so it was a great location for work. Less than 5 minutes away is Shepherd´s bush tube so well connected to the city with a good selection of bar and restaurants nearby. The hotel staff were very friendly and the continental breakfast with fresh croissants, yoghurts and juice was a great start to the day! The rooms were modern, spacious with great decor. Bed very comfortable and no noise. Will definitely stay again!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Alex R
Hello Alex R,

ROLL ON THE PERFECT SCORES!! Sound like you had the perfect stay! Great location, close to the tube and great for Olympia, very friendly staff, fresh continental breakfast, modern spacious rooms and a very comfortable bed, no wonder you rated us so highly!! We definitely want you to stay again!

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my boyfriend back in February, we're both students and it was a little expensive for us but worth every penny! The staff were amazing so friendly and the room was gorgeous. The bar staff were great, we were served by a dark haired young bartender, didn't catch his name but his drinks were fantastic! The location was perfect as the shopping centre is just across the way from the hotel as is the tube. We can't wait to come back!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank e_bmcg1
Hi e_bmcg1 (IS THAT YOUR REAL NAME??),

WOW! What a SMASHING review! So glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and were impressed by our very friendly, very talented bar team! Dark haired and young?? Sounds a lot like me…………. We can’t wait till you come back either!

Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

This spa oozes luxury. From the slippers and towels you receive to the amazing smelling shower gel and shampoo. The main spa area has a lot to offer in a small space.
Our treatments where absolute heaven and hats of to our lady who didn't hurt me once during my massage. Very impressive indeed as I had a recent back surgery.
The light lunch we had booked turned out to be anything but light as we got nice big portions of absolutely wonderful food.

The one downside (and the reason for the 4 stars) is that the main spa area is tiny with only 3 relaxation booths. There really should be more of them so people don't end up standing around. And the foot spa area is wasted space. Basically a sink to put your feet in.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank dutchbunny
Hello duchbunny,

What a WONDERFUL 4 STAR review! Our Spa days are always a must where you are recovering, relaxing or just want to be pampered! Our therapists are always impressive and only hurt on request. Thank you for you feedback regarding the foot Spa, in essence it is a sink that you put your feet in but its purpose is to regulate your temperature after visiting the sauna or snow paradise. I promise you not an inch of space is wasted, next time please ask the Spa attendant if you need assistance with your Spa journey. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I stayed at K west hotel & spa for 4 days when in London. I chose this hotel because it looked clean and was somewhat cheap compared to other hotels in London.

Room was very clean and a decent size. There's no free wifi, but paid 25 GBP for 4 days internet access.

Location was a tad far the city centre. Hotel was close to the train station which was good (Shepherd's Bush) and across the road is Westfield shopping centre, another bonus.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank heinekin
Dear heinekin,

What an AWESOME 4 STAR REIVIEW!! So honoured you wrote your first one all about us! Regarding our WIFI, we do have free WIFI in all out public areas and free printing and internet access in our K Library. And NOW (Drum roll please) we are offering free WIFI in the rooms for all bookings made via our website! So glad you enjoyed your stay, we can’t wait to welcome you back!

New York City, New York
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I stayed at the Kwest Hotel for 4 days for a recent business trip. The room was lovely and had a hip and chic decor along with the rest of the hotel. Rates are very reasonable for location. I booked a pkg rate to include meals and what a great decision that was! The food was 5star and the service/staff 10star! The staff in the restaurant made the difference in my visit and looked forward to dinner every night with there smiling faces and professional attention. From the menu my favorite was the pork belly roast ...simply divine. The chef was +++10... also great access to transportation for bus and train service. I will definitely stay here again on my next trip. Book early because rooms are limited and reservations book to capacity. A REAL GEM!!

Room Tip: Request a room on the upper floors which are quite lovely.