“Easter weekend success”

Ranked #259 of 1,067 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Easter weekend success”
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for easter and had a good stay. Nothing really special but satisfying. The room was big with comfortable bed. Too bad that there was no view. We also tried their spa which was a great surprise. Really nice and would go back for that + the fact they r close to public transport with easy access to city center.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Martin H, General Manager at K West Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Hi Anne V,

What a LOVELY 4 STAR REVIEW! I would like to beg to differ, we are VERY SPECIAL! All our views from the Hotel are of London, whichever room you are in you get an actual panoramic view of London – guaranteed!! So glad you enjoyed your time with us! Can’t wait till you return no doubt for our KSpa!

gm@k-west.co.uk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (432)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Good Hotel, however the room next to ours was noisey and could be heard, hence not soundproof. Besides that the overall stay was good. Nice service, and walking distance to the westfield shopping centre and shepards busy tube station which is handy,

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a room that is sound proof.

Hello Zubair U,

What a GREAT 4 STAR REVIEW! Nice service, Westfield close by, great location and a handy tube! Sorry to hear you were disturbed by other guests, I do hope you let us know during your stay as we would have been more then happy to quieten them down with a big “ssshhhhh”! Hope to welcome you back soon!

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Be aware that this hotel has really long corridors. My room was almost 100m walk from the reception. My room was in the same floor as the spa and this caused a bad smell in my room. My TV didn't work and I had to complain 2 times to get it fixed-second time complaining the telephone didn't work so I had to walk 200 meters to speak to someone in the reception. Drinking in the bar is expensive-I think there is better alternatives in the neighborhood.

Hi Stein H,

Thank you for your review. Wow... 100m... how did you measure it? On a serious note sorry about the little issues that affected your stay, just to let you know we do have phones located half way up each corridor should you need to contact us. I do hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay and look forward to welcoming you back again.

Bodo, Norway
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I've had two good stays at K West. The rooms i've had are at a good size, with a safe and your own refridge (without a minibar so you can build your own one, which i prefer). Even on my latest stay with one of the smallest rooms at the hotel it was of a good size i think.

The arrive-area at the hotel is a nice and pretty hip part of the hotel. The rooms and the corridors of the hotel though in a couple of years will need to be modernized, as they start looking a little old, with their wall-to-wall-carpets and other outdated solutions. I had a very knirky floor on my bathroom at my latest stay as well. Apart from that (and the 160 steps from the elevators my room layed, ok for me but maybe not for everyone) i liked the atmosphere of the hotel.

Nice fitness-centre (!), which is free for guests, and nice spa-department, which though costs £25 for guests. Costly wi-fi, so recommend using the three macs which are available. Also a costly breakfast, so recommend trying to get breakfast included when ordering.

Room Tip: Floor 3 is actually floor 1, so i recommend having a room from 3 and upwards.

Dear 216John,

I’m so glad you have had 2 good stays! Even better if you only ever stayed twice!! Thank you for your feedback, and I would love to know what “knirky” is, I am unsure if it’s a good or bad thing to have a knirky floor – I even Googled it and couldn’t find the answer – please let me know!!! I like your photo, but is that your pants on the floor?? Crazy… We do hope you come back soon for another 2 stays, or even more!

Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This is our fourth visit to K-West. We always take ac large room on entrance level 4. The hotel is very restful at night. it's great to be able to abandon the car in a pre-bookable safe place that is handy if you change your mind about using the car half-way through the visit. With day transport tickets (c. £9 per person) we did our bookshop visiting, saw friends and to the theatre twice as well as the 2 international Bookfairs we always go for.

Room Tip: Didn't have spa or breakfast so the excellent isn't our verified opinion - not fair though t...

Hi steveandgeoff,

What an AWESOME 5 STAR REVIEW! And as your first one we are honoured that you made it about us! Sounds like you had a great stay and a busily fantastic time at the book fair – did you go to Foyles (it’s my favourite)?? We look forward to your fifth visit, when you can try the things that you missed!

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I've stayed here twice and nothing has changed. The BIG con is that ALL rooms seem to have poor drainage so after 10 seconds of showering the tub becomes a swimming pool. The staff is very friendly and accommodating, they changed my room twice, the last time to an Embassy suite, which is very large, with two couches. But it doesn't matter because the shower situation was still awful. They also covered my two breakfasts upstairs, and my Internet which would have cost 25 British pounds for two days (!!!)

PROs: A couple blocks from a HUGE and excellent Mall, Westfield, and from a huge metro station. Great environment, funky, modern, chic, wifi is good (though super pricy), good to receive guests, they don't bother you. Not a touristy area.

Warning: Don't ask them to book you taxi because they'll call a Mercedes and say it'll cost 25 pounds (to Saint Pancreas station), which is waaay overpriced, and they when the taxi gets there they say it's 28 pounds.

Room Tip: The cheapest room is very small, barely room for a suitcase. The next one up is fine. The Embassy is...

Hello Diego C,

What a detailed review. I’m sorry that the shower didn’t drain as quickly as you would have like it to, I’m pleased we were able to resolve the situation. I am also sorry that the car service charged you an additional £3 (British pounds), I do hope you disputed this with the driver if you were quoted a different price. Look forward to welcoming you back.

Isle of Man
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Spent a romantic 3 day break at the hotel with my fiancé.

I have been staying at the K-West regularly for more than 10 years and have never had a bad experience. To the contrary, I have always enjoyed ever aspect of the hotel from the modern look and feel, to the helpful well trained staff, to the comfort of the rooms and the large beds. They have recently refurbed the rooms and spa and it is even better than ever now. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Very close to amazing shopping at Westfield and easy access to the West End and City via the Central LIne.

Room Tip: avoid 1st floor rooms, they are partly below ground level

2 Thank OrientalKyoko
Hi OrientalKyoko,

PERFECT SCORE!! And from a regular guest who has stayed over the past 10 years!! I’m sure you have been able to witness all the changes that have taken place! We can’t wait for you to return again, hopefully for another 10 years! We always want to be your favourite!!!