“Good stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
United Kingdom
“Good stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Stayed in a twin room for one night.
The hotel is located in a quiet residential area. Efficient, friendly check in process - the front of house staff were very good on both check in and check out.
The room itself: Comfortable bed, room was clean. Shower in the bathroom was very good.

Windows could do with a clean! and the strange set up of the curtains being in the middle of the window? could be due to the shape of the room but was odd to see and blocked the view out of the window.

Would stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Martin H, General Manager at K West Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Hello Gem E,

What a Great 4 STAR REVIEW! Thank you for mentioning our friendly Team, comfy beds and clean rooms! Just to let you know, we do clean our windows quite regularly, we do want you to be able to look through them and wave at London! And our curtains are placed in the middle so you can pull them close on either side that much easier as they cover the entire wall. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

gm@k-west.co.uk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (424)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Northampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Excellent location, just a 5 minute walk from Shepherds Bush tube station and the Westfield shopping complex. I was attending a business event at Kensington Olympia and it was only a 15 minute stroll from there which was ideal.
The hotel itself is very modern, a very friendly reception upon arrival and efficiently checked in. I arrived just before 2pm and asked for a room on a higher floor, I was told there was one available if I wanted to wait about 10 minutes which I chose to do. I waited in the bar area, this was nice however I noticed there were lots of crumbs on the seats and floor around a few tables which I presumed just had not been cleaned up after the lunch period. I was approached by the bar staff very quickly and she was very friendly and polite, and didn’t seem to mind that I didn’t want to order anything as I was just waiting for my room to be ready.

My room actually turned out to be on the ground floor down a long corridor , which wasn’t what I had asked for, however it appears that this is where all the rooms are. The spa is on the first floor, gym on the second, bar on the third and restaurant on the fourth.

The room itself is huge by London standards, huge bed, sofa, desk, large full length mirror, good size TV but limited selection of channels, Vidal Sassoon hairdryer, extra pillow and blanket, iron and ironing board, fridge, tea/coffee, but very average toiletries. Shower over bath only, not separate. This is an excellent standard of room but they have failed in one key area – no sockets near the bed!! This means you can’t have your phone/ipad next to you whilst charging overnight. I also think it should be standard to have free wi-fi in rooms in any hotel these days, especially the 4 and 5 star hotels.

The room actually smelled of paint and I noticed there were a few patches of fresh paint on the ceiling and a couple of walls, it looked as though it had only just been done. Think the bathroom could do with a bit of regrouting while they’re doing a bit of DIY but it wasn’t a problem.

Be careful when ordering room service as there is a 12.5% service charge on top of the £3 tray charge. There is a wide range of bars, cafes and restaurants at Westfield which are open until 10pm so there are plenty of alternatives.

The bed was firm but I actually prefer it this way and had a very comfortable night’s sleep. It was really nice to be able to open the windows to have fresh air as you don’t often have this option in most hotels.

I didn’t have breakfast but the continental option was all laid out in the bar area and did look attractive. The check out process was very efficient as I had pre-paid and didn’t have any further charges.

I would highly recommend staying here; the location is excellent; staff friendly, polite and efficient; high quality hotel; I will definitely stay here again and make sure I have time available to visit the spa and gym.

Dear 186349Sjw21,

Wow! What an Extremely Detailed 4 STAR REVIEW! I might use this for our next brochure!! A HUGE THANKYOU for your recommendation, I’m glad you enjoyed your LARGE room with all its fascinating facilities! As for the bits you didn’t like so much, we are currently adding FOUR bedside sockets and TWO USB sockets (so you can charge your iPad, iPod, iPhone, Mac, Kindle and your electric Car all at once) and WIFI is now free in ALL ROOMS! Make sure you do come back and try our K Spa, there is so much to try so much to write about!

Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stopped overnight whilst in London for a wedding. Reception were friendly and helpful. The room smelled of smoke, not great as we are non smokers, otherwise the room was comfortable and clean. Glass door on bathroom a little strange! Quiet location and parking a plus.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Martin H, General Manager at K West Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Hi CheerfulDragon,

Thank you for your 4 STAR REVIEW!! I’m so glad you found our team friendly and helpful! I apologise about the smoke smell, we are a strictly non-smoking hotel but from time to time Guests do tend to have a sneaky cigarette. When we catch them we confiscate their lighters and force them to go to confession. I hope you let us know immediately as we are always more then happy to help! We do have glass doors on some of our bathrooms, but they are frosted – you can only see through them if you really try!!! Hope to welcome you back soon!

Coventry
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

This weekend was my 3rd visit at the K West, twice with my husband, once with the girls. Every visit has been a Spa break an on each an every visit I cannot fault this hotel on anything!

The thing that really stands out for me and what makes this hotel deliver are the staff. From the front of house team who make check in and check out efficient, to the spa team who are always so through to the Night time duty manager Manuel, who when we called at gone midnight on our most recent visit came to the room himself to get things fixed for us!! And I cannot forget the lovely team in the Kanteen, always smiling!

I really do love this hotel and will certainly be back again in the next couple of months for another spa break.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank smbkelly
Hello smbkelly,

What a FANTASTIC 5 STAR REVIEW!! I completely agree with you, our amazing Team are what makes us unique! You can go anywhere, but there’s only one K West Team! Thank you for mentioning our Night Manager Manuel; he is one for getting things done after dark!! Thank you also for highlighting the Kanteen Team!! Can’t wait till you come back for your 4th, 5th, 6th,....100th Stay!

Manhattan Beach, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Service at check-in and check-out was SUPER. Very nice ladies who were interested in making my stay the best visit ever. Both efficient and knowledgable with what the hotel offers and it's location.

Room was a pleasant surprise, as it was of American size standard and decorated in contemporary style. Room was clean, seemed newish, and everything worked well. Internet strong. Little fridge was nice. Room service was prompt, tasty and accurate in delivering my requests. Downsides were the quality of the pillows and bedding and I could hear doors down the hall closing.

Will go back to the spa during the day when it's not so crowded. I also question how hygienic the baths are- especially the foot bath. Spa treatment lovely, but £20 over what I'd find reasonable, But I guess that's why there is the heated floor in the Relaks room, hot air dryers in the steam sauna and the AWESOME, and intriguing snow room.

Gym has treadmills that needed repair. Gym was nice sized and busy. Like that this hotel is centered around health and well being.

Didn't make it to the bar since my room was so good for watching movies.
Great room for the value. Great service for the value.

Room Tip: Know that none of the rooms have a view..
1 Thank LaLa W
Hello LaLa W,

What an AMAZING 4 STAR REVIEW!! Super Service!! Love it!! Rockabilly Chic (did you see my quiff??)!! Glad you liked our room style, and our room service. I really hope you mentioned the pillows, we would have been more then happy to change them. Our Snow Paradise really is AWESOME!! It’s a shame you didn’t make it to the bar – our cocktails are as awesome as the Snow Paradise!! We hope to welcome you back soon!

Milton Keynes, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

I stayed at the K West for one night while on business. I picked this hotel as it's location was perfect. Staff were friendly, hotel was spotlessly clean, rooms were big and the beds were very comfy. Would stay again

• Stayed June 2014
Hi Darren C,

What a LOVELY 5 STAR REVIEW!! Spotlessly clean, Big Comfy Beds, friendly Team! And all in just one night! Can’t wait till you stay again, hopefully you’ll get some leisure time in there so you can try out our relaxing K Spa - it’s worth travelling from Milton Keynes for!!!

Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

I would recommend this hotel to family or friends, travelling for business or for leisure. The tube (central line!) is only 2 minutes walk, which is very easy. The room is quiet, spacious and very clean. The staff is great, always greeting and ready to help, especially Dana who did my check in.
The continental breakfast is very nice also. Unfortunately I had no time to try the spa but just went there for a look and it seems very good. I will come back for sure.

Hello laurent066,

Roll on the PERFECT SCORES!! I am sure you will agree that when staying in London we are definitely THE Hotel to stay at!! Next time you come, please try our K Spa – it really is THE Spa of choice. Thank you so much for your recommendations and thank you for mentioning Diana one of our many lovely Receptionists! We are always ready to do whatever it takes to make you feel Wowed! Come back soon, we miss you!!!