“Exceptional staff & relaxed atmosphere ”
Review of K West Hotel & Spa

K West Hotel & Spa
Ranked #257 of 1,063 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Sliema, Malta
“Exceptional staff & relaxed atmosphere ”
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Fantastic hotel close to Westfield & tube. Great staff, had a serious illness while I was there & they were exceptionally brilliant, relaxed atmosphere & large airy rooms, will definatly go there again & the added bonus is that it's good value for money.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Simone444_13
Martin H, General Manager at K West Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Hi Simone4444_13

What a TERRIFIC 5 STAR REVIEW!! Our Team were pleased to be able to help you during your stay – we are here to help - whatever it takes! Glad you had a brilliant stay and found us good value! Can’t wait for you to come back soon!

gm@k-west.co.uk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (428)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Could not have asked for better, more attentive service. Nothing was too big an ask, staff were friendly and helpful and the room was a great size.

We came to celebrate our friend's hen party and the spa facility was second to none. The location is great too, on a quiet street just minutes away from Shepherd's Bush tube station. Loved every minute of my stay here!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

3 Thank roconnell
Martin H, General Manager at K West Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Hi roconnell,

What an AWESOME 5 STAR REVIEW! Attentive service! You will always get that with our Team – we train them on Guest service until it runs out of their ears!! So glad you enjoyed your stay and your friends Hen Party! We loved having you here! Till next time don’t be a stranger!

Beverly Hills, California
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We arrived at the Kwest hotel earlier than usual checkin time....
But pleasantly surprised that we were shown to a room very soon. After having to switch the first room because of no Internet, we moved further down the hall and the Internet was spotty but there!
The hotel was very comfortable , bed was great, the bathrooms large enough, and overall the staff very friendly. There was a computer/Internet room in the lobby to access Internet and printing facilities and it was useful for printing out itineraries boarding passes and so forth. The hotel is a five minutes walk from the shepherds Bush underground, which is right next door to the huge west field mall.... As well as lots of Bars and restaurants around the mall... And a huge Waitrose supermarket. Across the street from the underground was the over ground rail of Shepards Bush as well so all in all this location and the hotel was very convenient and a great place to stay for three days whilst visiting London.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank superamelia
Hello superamelia,

What a Great 4 STAR REVIEW – all the way from Beverly Hills!!! Early check in, comfort, FREE Wifi, friendly Team, printing facilities! No wonder you enjoyed your stay!! We are definitely in the perfect location for shopping and sight seeing!! We do hope you come back soon and try our Spa! Maybe then we can move you to a 5 Star review!!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

A very nice experience at the K West hotel. I was upgraded which was nice. I has a massive Kingsize bed which had more than enough space.

The staff were very friendly and efficient during check in and check out.

I went into my room to find a happy birthday message written for me in chocolate with tasty muffins.

My room was clean, and so was the bathroom. My room was stocked well, had a good sizes TV (37 inches), and was not noisy.

I had a very nice stay, and I will defiantly go back to try out their spa facilities.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Wendy G
Hi Wendy G,

What a PERFECT SCORING REVIEW! And Happy Birthday from all of us here at K West! So glad you enjoyed your birthday treats, your upgrade and your room! I loved your photos, especially the one of the door key, but did you really measure the TV?? Can’t wait to have you back when you come to try our Spa!

Dorking
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Nothing bad and only good things to say about this hotel. Was booked through Secret Escapes for an Anniversary weekend. Arrived at our room to find rose petals strewn, a card and little anniversary cakes - nice touch. Room was large and comfortable with a huge bed and top quality bedding. Didn't get chance to use the spa so cannot comment. Just a few minutes walk to Shepherds Bush underground and the Central line which got you into town in around 10 minutes. Returned from our Saturday night out to find a disco in place and bouncers on the door and although this wasn't to our taste it didn't disturb us in any way.
Breakfast the next day was continental and already paid for as part of our package. Plenty of choice of cereal, meats, cheese, fruit and pastries - taken in the relaxed surroundings of the lounge / bar area.
Overall experience was lovely and would not hesitate to stay at the hotel again.

1 Thank FiggyWigg
Dear FiggyWigg,

What a FANTASTIC PERFECT SCORING REVIEW! Happy Anniversary! It’s so great when we can help make these special moments all the more magical!! I’m pleased you noticed our quality bedding! I find it difficult to get out of bed when I stay, it just feels so good... It’s such a shame you didn’t get to try out our Spa, hopefully on your next visit you will get to see what all the fuss is about! And please don’t wait till your next anniversary to visit!

london
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Stayed here this weekend, after booking an overnight spa for my partner at I.

Almost reluctant to post this review, as want to keep this place a secret to avoid reduced availability for when we next want to book!

1. Booking - via wahanda, simple quick and some good package deals which I could not find elsewhere. I called the spa straight after purchasing, to book the spa treatment included. This was only 2wks before the date, so a lot of slots already booked up, otherwise it was easy to arrange. Our package was overnight stay with facial for each person. One very small bugbear was being told I could not change the facial for my partner, into a massage instead, without fully purchasing a massage in addition. (see later)

2. Service - on arrival, the reception desk staff were very accommodating and polite and we were upgraded free of charge to a suite without even asking which was of course, great. Spa staff greeted us on arrival and very accommodating too, always polite and go out of their way to ensure that you are welcome and your requests are not a hassle. On enquiring re: changing the facial to a massage, the staff member explained it was possible for an upgrade fee of £20 which was much more affordable than paying for an additional service, which is great for hetero couples on this package, where the guy isn't really keen on a facial! Also I embarrassingly, managed to get locked out of my locker, and the staff were very helpful and did not make me feel like I was being a nuisance.

3. Spa facilities, the facial and massage - v clean, well stocked and continually restocked (fresh towels, drinks, bags for swimwear, fruits, glasses for drinks etc). This spa has a hydrotherapy pool, 2 foot baths, a steam room, a sauna room, a sanarium, a snow room and a hydrotherapy pool. At times, the place was quite busy (as it was a weekend) but still managed to comfortable accommodate about 12 people without too much of a problem. The facial was amazing, and really was prescriptive. (Other places I have been to claim to provide prescriptive therapy, but then don't actually provide a consult prior to the treatment). My other half felt great after his massage, having been put off from previous painful massages in thailand, he's now a big fan! Following the treatment, we were taken to the relaxation room which I loved. A darkened room with leather recliners and small reading light if needed, v warm and perfect to continue my snooze I fell into whilst having my facial. (there is also a gym, but we didn't use it so I'm not sure how it was. There is no swimming pool in this hotel)

4. Room - our suite was great, it was v spacious, bed huge, a v comfortable night sleep. Had mini fridge, kettle to make tea and coffee. small bug bear - no soap dish and design of sink in bathroom meant water leaked on floor a bit (oversized sink bowl on ledge). flawed design I think!

5. Food - we had a continental breakfast buffet included in our package - there were mini pastries, ham, chicken ham, cheese, fruits, cereals, 3 juices, tea, coffee, boiled egg etc. plenty to eat and felt refreshed and v healthy afterwards. (we were initially tempted to forgo the breakfast and eat out because it was described as pastries and tea/coffee/orange juice, when I called room service to check what the breakfast entailed - so glad we didn't miss it afterall!) Room service also suggested they could bring the breakfast to our room, glad we didn't as we perhaps would have less to choose from. There is a 'Kanteen' restaurant in the hotel too, but we didn't eat there so I don't know how it was.

6. Misc - theres a bar attached to the reception, which was a bit rowdy (saturday night) - which I didn't actually and if I had the energy, would have stayed there for a drink myself. But I can imagine the rooms closer to the reception may not have been as relaxing/quiet as our suite was.

7. Location - great, literally 3 mins walk from shepherd's bush underground station.

Definitely recommend - in fact recommended to friends and family as soon as we got back!

Room Tip: away from reception to avoid the slightly noisy bar area. ours was on 4th floor and perfect (which i...
1 Thank kickkwok
Dear Kickkwok,

What an AMAZING 5 STAR REVIEW! Or was it a blog?? Either way it was a fantastic read! And thank you for NOT keeping us a secret; otherwise I would be alone here waiting for you to return! Unsure about your comment “hetero couples where the guy doesn’t fancy a facial” – boys LOVE facials nowadays, regardless of their orientation!! Who wouldn’t want a youthful glow and relaxing head massage? I’m pleased he enjoyed his body massage, no doubt very different than the one he had in Thailand - I’m glad we could make him a fan! We are so glad you had a v great stay and thank you v much for the recommendations! We can’t wait till you come back for more massages, to use our gym and eat in our Kanteen Restaurant! You have so much still to write about!!!

Martin Hurley
Heterosexual but loves a facial
England
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Very good value at the SecretEscapes rate of £135/night over a June weekend which included continental breakfast, free WiFi, a deluxe room (although we got upgraded to a large executive) and 2 cocktails (value around £10 each).

Whilst there are hints of the age of the property from the exterior and in the reception area, generally the hotel is nicely presented, for example the breakfast/lounge bar was a comfortable place to relax over the varied and good quality continental breakfast, or a long drink in the evening.

Our very well maintained (and I suspect recently refurbished) executive room was extremely spacious, probably at least double the size of most rooms in more 'centrally located' hotels. With a sofa, desk/dressing area, great wardrobe space, superb bath/shower and superking bed nothing was lacking, comfort to this level and space elsewhere would be pushing £350-400/night.

In terms of location, certainly when stepping out from the Shepherds Bush tube station you know that you're not in the West End. The area has a much more 'real' feel to it, without any hint of threat (day or night) and brings the benefits of more reasonably priced convenience stores, pubs and cafés. Although only 400 yards from the hubbub of a major road, tubes station, shopping centre etc, the hotel is actually on an extremely peaceful and orderly residential road. As you leave the tube, head straight across the main road on the pedestrian crossing, and turn left before taking the short pedestrian down ramp just after Belushi's Bar. Almost immediately you feel you're in a different world, the noise of the outside world seemingly banished to the other side of the wall behind you. Kept to the right hand side of the pub and the hotel is 150 yards on your left.

I recommend the K West having looked long for a quality place to stay that was within striking distance of all that central London has to offer, for a price that wasn't over the top. It offers something a little different, and at the rate we paid, absolute value.

Room Tip: If you can afford to book, or find your way to an upgrade, the Executive Rooms are superb. Rooms on...
Hello RoadLite,

What and AWESOME 5 STAR REVIEW! Thank you for your absolutely precise step by step guide on how to locate us – you found the quick way!!! We really are in “real” London, sounds like you enjoyed mingling with the locals!! I’m glad you found us great value, our rooms extremely spacious, and fantastic facilities! We can’t wait till you come back again!