“Very good”

K West Hotel & Spa
Ranked #288 of 1,078 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 2 August 2014

What most impressed me with the K-West was the staff. There was an issue with my room on arrival. No problem - I was immediately upgraded to a better room. The next day maintenance noise from a neighbouring room was disturbing me as I was trying to work. No problem, they sorted it and the noise stopped.

The room was great, and the staff very efficient and helpful. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Martin H, General Manager at K West Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Hello MarcusSW17,

What and AMAZING 4 STAR REVIEW!! What impresses me every day is our Team!! They love to show a “No Problem” attitude!! Glad we could be of service!! We look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay – we want to earn 5 Stars!

gm@k-west.co.uk

Write a ReviewReviews (3,110)

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel is located very close to a subway station "Shepherd Bush" so no need to worry about transportation.
Also the hotel location is very quite surrendered with nice residential buildings.
The room was very clean, tidy, equipped with the plazma tv and furnished with modern furniture.
The housekeeping staff were very helpful and on time.
The reception team was always supportive and cooperative.
I'd recommend for friends
Cheers

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi jihad-merhi,

What an AWESOME 5 STAR REVIEW!! And how honoured we are that your first one is all about us!! I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay and such great comments about our Team!! Thank you for your recommendations! Can’t wait to have you back!

Reviewed 31 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at K-West for our honeymoon in July. We were so impressed with the location and quality of this hotel. The customer service was excellent - we were looked after so well (upgraded to a bigger room - thanks Nanyu!) and the staff were very helpful. We really liked how close it was to everything - only a minutes walk to the nearest tube station and Westfield London. We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting London.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Megan K
Martin H, General Manager at K West Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Hi Megan K,

(Is that your house in your photo??) What and AMAZING PERFECT SCORING REVIEW!! Thank you for making your very first review about us!! What an honour! Thank you for mentioning the one and only Nanyu! Our team love being mentioned! And thank you for your recommendation! Can’t wait to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

A really nice boutique hotel in a good location with easy access in and out of Central London and the motorway network and Heathrow.
Very friendly staff, nice comfortable rooms, with a really lively atmosphere in the bar area. The gym is fine but there is often a charge for using it which is not good if you are a resident.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on level three which is the ground floor.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Hi tommotomlin,

What a GREAT 4 STAR REVIEW!! How is your tour going?? Good location, friendly team, comfort, lively atmosphere! This is what K West is all about!! Our Gym is FREE for all in house guests, I hope you didn’t miss out on your morning workout! Looking forward to you returning soon!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We, a family of five, two teens in the group, stayed for three nights. Our rooms were good, decor dark but very clean and comfortable. Lovely bathrooms with powerful showers, and massive super king bed in our exec king room with loads of space even with sofabed out pulled out for our ten year old(what's scary about that?). Efficient friendly staff. Didn't use Kanteen restaurant as had continental breakfast in bar area .Adelina was lovely with a smile and friendly helpful attitude that would charm the grumpiest guests. We certainly got our moneys worth at this eat as much as you like breakfast and it was too hot for the cooked breakfast anyway! This is one of the only faults, in my opinion, with the hotel. Continental breakfast be included and hot breakfast extra, and I didn't go near the spa because it was more money, and only my husband and I were over18 in our group. No family entertainment except WiFi in the main library area which suited my lads but notsuitable for younger children at all. On the other hand we were ear the tube ,direct access to city centre via central line or good bus links. And Westfield SC, right on the doorstep, wow! Restaurants, shops, cinema, we loved it all. Our days we spent in the centre , our evenings in Westfield , and we slept so well at night, the rooms were so quiet and the beds so comfy! Well done ,K West, we hope to return !

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank goldielocks327

Hi goldielocks327,

(Was your bed too hard, too soft, or just right??) What a FANTASTIC 4 STAR REVIEW! Glad you all enjoyed your three nights with us in our in our clean and comfortable rooms, with MASSIVE SUPER KING beds and AMAZING POWER SHOWERS!! Thank you for giving Adelina her first Tripadvisor mention, she does love to smile, definitely a charmer! You will always get your money’s worth with our Continental Breakfast, and at only £9.50! In regards to family entertainment, next time please ask about out movie package - your choice of movie with popcorn and a coke included! Can’t wait for you to come back soon!

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Location was very good, just a few hundred meters away from the gigantic Westfield shopping centre and the Shepherd's Bush underground station which can bring you straight to most views.

Rooms were the definition of standard, everything you expected to be there was there, nothing more, nothing less.

The room service on the hotel was great and stood out from the rest of the personnel by clearly having hotel know-how, which was severely lacking at front desk and cleaning. Not being a business hotel, don't wake people at 10am to clean the room just because there was no "don't disturb" on the door. I expect cleaners to wait until after breakfast is finished serving before doing so. They asked for my credit card details when we arrived, and assured us they wouldn't charge anything. However, I found myself in a clothing store with an empty card thanks to them charging a deposit of 500 pounds anyways. Upon checkout we were informed that due to upgrades there were no working terminals for me to pay through, but they had already fixed that by charging me without my consent.

None of these things is ridiculous in itself, but there were all these small annoyances during our 5 day stay. It was obvious that there was a lot of part time workers (different people every day) and/or summer interns. It's a shame, because the hotel itself is great, but I can't recommend it to anyone because of this. There just never was anything working completely smooth except for room service.

Room Tip: As the hotel is quite long and small, ask for a room close to the reception side of the building or...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lars K

Dear Lars K,

Thank you for your feedback. I’m so glad you greatly appreciated our Room service, and everything that went with it. Sorry to hear about the few niggles that impacted your stay. Regarding the pre authorisation, I do apologise if our procedure was not explained to you properly and we did have a couple of issues as we upgraded all of our card payment facilities (all fixed now through). I can understand how these things can add to your overall experience, and sorry we didn’t get it right on this occasion.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

This hotel is located in Shepherd's Bush, very near Westfield Shopping Center. The underground station is just a few block away. Great location. Plenty is eating and shopping options. The room was quite large, nice bathroom with shower. The breakfast, however, is not worth the price. Free wifi.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the newly refurbished rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Buriti

Hi Buriti,

Thank you for your 4 STAR REVIEW!! We do have a great location and love being so close to Westfield! Glad you liked our HUGE rooms and our bathroom with their power showers! Just to let you know, our Continental breakfast is just £9.50, and you can eat as much as you like!! Sounds like great value to me . Do come back and see us soon!