“good price - service-oriented crew - perfect location”
Review of K West Hotel & Spa

K West Hotel & Spa
Ranked #257 of 1,063 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
“good price - service-oriented crew - perfect location”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

First trip to London with my 14 year old daughter. For sightseeing and shopping purposes the KWest offers a perfect location: a max 5 min walk to Shepherd's Bush tube or bus station at the edge of Notting Hill. Nice canteen and bar area. Very friendly young service crew. Nice and quiet room. Our best experience: My daughter forgot her wallet with 100 € in the room safe when we checked out to spend our last day downtown. They called me on my mobile and my daughter got her wallet back when we returned to pick up our luggage. Isn't that great? We'll come back.

Room Tip: We simply asked for a quiet room and got it ... on the fifth floor.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

K_West_Hotel_and_Spa, General Manager at K West Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Hello Marion v,

What an AWESOME PERFECT SCORING REVIEW!! What an honour it is for us, being your first TA review on your first trip to London! I quite like the term "crew", that may provoke a change..... Glad you enjoyed your girls shopping trip and that we could help with the wallet – we were delighted to reunite your daughter with her 100 Euros!! Can’t wait to welcome you back for another girly break!

gm@k-west.co.uk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (428)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Long Beach, CA
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Admittedly, I was very drawn to the spa facilities (which were great, but more on that later), but this hotel more than met my expectations! It was a little tricky to find at first, but once I got my bearings, I realized how close it was to food, shops and public transportation, namely the Shepard's Bush Underground line. You can literally walk to the "Tube" as it's known in London in about 5 minutes.

Upon arrival, I checked in and the front desk staff was more than happy to give me London tourism information so I could begin exploring the city the following day. The hotel is deceptively long. By this I mean, if the last two digits of your room number are higher than 24 (i.e., room 441) expect a lengthy walk to the back of the hotel to your room. There is an elevator near the front and back of the hotel for your convenience.

My room was perfect! Nicely appointed full sized bed, desk and chair which I used to fix my hair in the morning, swiveling TV, cooler (not exactly a fridge, but I kept things from spoiling), gorgeous bathroom with an incredible soaker tub!! I took a bath in that EVERY night! After all the walking through London, it really helped me relax before bed.

The front desk was incredibly helpful. They printed out things for me and helped me with whatever I needed whenever I asked! I had them help me print out my ticket for a train ride and they had difficulty printing it. However, they didn't give up! About 4 hours later, an envelope slid under the door and it had the tickets inside I had asked them to print earlier. I worked perfectly as I need the tickets for the next day.

After an 11 tour of London, I was exhausted (needless to say). I called the hotel's spa for a treatment. The spa opens at 6:30 a.m. and closes around 9:30 p.m. They are very busy, so book this in advance. Bring swimwear and take advantage of the sauna, snow room (yes, a snow room), and hot tubs. I opted for a traditional 55 minute massage. My masseuse was very pleasant and hit all the troubled areas I pointed out.

Another plus was the proximity of shops and public transportation. I was close to grocery stores or restaurants and very close to a Westfield mall. It was great to walk to coffee shops, ATM's, etc.

Overall, it was a great experience. The room was well-appointed, clean, conveniently located and very hip! I would stay here again and I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: If more than one person is staying in the room, find something with at least a queen sized bed. My r...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Hi CWils,

What an AMAZING 4 STAR REVIEW!! And so much detail – looks like you tried everything we have to offer. I’m so glad you enjoyed London and that we could be of service in making your stay all the more informative and memorable!! It is SUCH a GREAT City!! Even better when you have a good hub to go exploring from!! Thank you for mentioning our helpful Team! We can’t wait to welcome you back again soon!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I booked two rooms and we had arrived early. The hotel was accomodating and found us two rooms on 5th and 6th floor<higher floors are more comfortable>.The hotel was quiet and the gym was first class with up to date equipment.Service was prompt and helpful. The front desk was always helpful and booked cars, offered umbrellas and handy tips. The hotel was close to Sheperd Bush tube and mall. WE would go basck.

Room Tip: higher up the better
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Hi roma47,

What a GREAT 4 STAR REVIEW!! I’m so glad you enjoyed our comfortable floors, the Gym with all the latest and greatest equipment, and found our Team “prompt and helpful”!! You make the Hotel sound amazing - please tell us what we need to do to move you to a 5 star review!

Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

my friends and I enjoyed our stay here it was an awesome location for Westfield London. Nice room. The only downside was the car park was way too expensive so we parked in Westfield London ...... Nice place to stay

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Britjam
Hi Britjam,

What a COOL 4 STAR REVIEW!! Loving the picture! You look like you’re ready to par-ty! Glad you enjoyed your stay! Did you have breakfast? You could have eaten your name (british jam??). Can’t wait till you come back next time!

Greenwich, CT
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Comfortable clean rooms, friendly staff.
"Grab & Go" breakfast for 3pounds is a good buy.
If you stay, ask for a room on the 3rd floor or higher.
The 1st floor area has a damp feeling since the spa and poor are on that level.
We asked to be moved and they were very accommodating.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the 3rd floor or above. Lower floor (level 1) had a dampness. They agreeable mov...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Iagoman
Hello Iagoman,

Thank you for such a GREAT 5 STAR REVIEW! Comfort, Cleanliness, FANTASTIC team! What more can you ask for. And Grab and Go Breakfast at £3 really is a good buy (followed by a “goodbye” when you leave). Thank you for your comments! Can’t wait to welcome you back for your third visit!

London
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed here with a friend who was visiting from the states.
The room was really big with possibly the biggest bed i have ever seen!
Really nice bathroom facilities and a sofa/lounge area too.
The hotel its self is really nice with a bar area and a seating area where you can use the computers and print things out so ideal for travelers who need to print boarding passes etc.
Its a great location as its right by the Westfield in Shepherds bush but even for that, it is a bit pricey!
I stayed at a hotel in Tottenham Court road on a Saturday night for less money. If the price included entry to the spa, i would be happier but you have to pay extra for that.
Still, if you can afford it, i would recommend staying there.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank ShutUpMeg
Hi mellani_g,

WHAT A FANTASTIC 4 STAR REVIEW!! I’m so glad that our beds are the BIGGEST you’ve ever seen, you forgot to mention how comfy they are too! Thank you for you recommendations! Just so you know, we do have our week day wind down special for our in house guests where you can use our wet spa facilities for only £10 - BARGAIN!! Can’t wait till you come back!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Stayed 17/08/2014-18/08/2014: This was my first stay in a hotel and I really had high expectations after the service I received when I phoned to enquire. Victoria on reception (very helpful) recommended the 'Love sucks' package to me because I was staying by myself which suited me perfectly.

The Bad: Service was rushed unnecessarily! When I was checking in, I was the only person at the desk yet he was still rushing like he just wanted to get rid of me. When I checked in I wasn't even given the option to have my dinner in the restaurant, I was told that I had to have my meal in my room (rude). Just because I booked a solo stay does not mean I wanted to be kept away in my room throughout my stay, that's the impression I got from the staff and this really put a downer on my mood from the start. I was really excited at the start and that ruined it.....it didn't get better after that on day 1. I was given a room on the lower ground, when I asked the staff to check my booking as I had requested a higher room his response was "ooh it's there, I just didn't check it sorry". I think K West does have potential to be a great get away destination but the service needs work. When my new room (level 6-625) was assigned it took me a long time to find it because it's not located directly above the reception, it’s a good walk if you choose this room. When I located the room, my key didn't work! I had to make the journey back to the reception (level 3) and only then was a help sent with me.

He was kind enough to use his master key because the one I had still didn't work, but the room was quite nice at first glance. The room I had was not cleaned properly, I had a nasty stain in the centre of the room but everything else was placed to look nice. The bed was spread on top but as you get in, you find that the sheets have stains on and it’s not even spread properly. I spent the beginning of my stay straightening up my room which upset me but I didn't complain. I just wanted to enjoy it regardless. When I was finished and wanted to get to the spa, I found my room was not fully stocked with robes or slippers. I called reception and housekeeping came awhile later. I don't know what she was told (probably miscommunication from the receptionist I spoke with) because when she arrived she was a little agitated.

The abrupt and rudeness continued when I dealt with the spa staff in the evening on 17/08/2014. She was not hospitable at all, I was given a faulty key and she sent me through the staff section. The spa is small but it is very nice and I loved it. When it came time to leave and I came out of the showers to get a towel she took my things and left them on the chair and told me she was switching off the lights in 2mins so I need to hurry. Not even a minute later she was back asking if I was finished, she was dressed and ready to go home so that's why she was rushing me. What happened to delivering excellent service at all times! I think good customer service should be given on a consistent basis by all staff members.

My package included a dinner and what I was given cannot be called dinner (good chicken with bitter green stuff and stringy white stuff) I know but that's the only way I can describe it- awful. I had a choice of a movie with popcorn and soda which I enjoyed (divergent).

After the worst night sleep ever (rooms aren't sound proof because I was kept up by the noise from my neighbours using the toilet, the train and general foot traffic from neighbours. Finally able to sleep at 2:30am but that was shorts lived as I was woken by the train. Level 6 room 625 isn't great if you're a light sleeper.

The following day I was up early and made full use of the spa which was the highlight of my stay. Much better staff in the morning but I think its bad that guest are just left to figure out things by themselves. I became guide to a few people (which I didn't mind as I was in the same position the day before) coming into the spa when I was leaving. After this I went and had breakfast- no fried eggs and sausages though just pastries etc but they staff were nice and she made me a hot chocolate (thank you). After breakfast I went back to my room and packed up to leave. I know I could have stayed longer but that let down feeling was riding me so I left early.

The Good: The spa is great, not very big but it does the job perfectly. Try and go first thing in the morning or late evening to get space and time to utilise the facilities. I will not be staying over again if that's what I'll get in terms of the cleanliness of the room and the service from the staff. Love the spa itself! Jacuzzi lovely! Sauna, steam room etc excellent! The snow paradise was brilliant. The spa is worth it....please improve your staff training in delivering excellent customer service K West, it's the only thing letting you down.

Room Tip: When you enter the hotel, you enter at level 3 (reception). When choosing a room request rooms on th...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
K_West_Hotel_and_Spa, General Manager at K West Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Hi Monique G,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, I am really sorry about the shortcomings in the service you received when you visited us at K West - the incidents you mentioned are well below the standards that we aim for and I am very disappointed to read about your poor experience. I would really appreciate it if you could drop me an Email so I can investigate further and have the opportunity to make things right.

Kind regards,