“Great Hotel at a Great Price”
Review of K West Hotel & Spa

K West Hotel & Spa
Ranked #263 of 1,068 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Cannock, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel at a Great Price”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Stayed for 2 nights with my Wife on June 14th & 15th & I have to say we were pleasantly surprised. We were down London for the Tennis at Queens & we were also celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary. We booked a celebration package & it was very nice indeed. The staff were wonderful the rooms were great & the spa was perfect. If we are ever in the area again we will certainly be looking to stay here.

Room Tip: Really close to the tube & shopping centre.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Paul01543
K_West_Hotel_and_Spa, General Manager at K West Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Hello Paul01543,

Bring on another PERFECT SCORING REVIEW!! Happy Belated 25th Anniversary!! We do love a good excuse to celebrate and they don’t come much better then that! Wow - 25 years, that’s quite an achievement!! Glad we could make it all that more memorable and special! Can’t wait till you are visiting the area again!

gm@k-west.co.uk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 23 August 2014

This opinion is about the gym facilities offered at K west. I didn't stay as a guest, but i went on a 1month trial for the gym. My experience has been really positive. The gym is not large, but has the basic machines. It also makes it easier that every single running machine has its own tv set. One other great thing is that it's not as crowded as surrounding gyms. The changing rooms are tidy and clean, despite of other customers not being as tidy as they should.
The greatest thing of my experience was the K fit instructor, she's all time willing to help, and her classes were amazing, profesional and friendly.
The only bad thing of all is that I don't live in London so I couldn't get to stay at K West gym.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alan S
Hello Alan S,

What an AMAZING PERFECT SCORING REVIEW!! We never had a review solely on our K Fit Gym before, so it’s a first for us too! Thank you for mentioning our Personal Trainer Juliana! She is a fireball of energy!! It is a shame you don’t live in London, it doesn’t mean you can’t visit when you’re in town! Maybe you can come and stay and experience the full K West Experience! Better still – move to London!!

Reviewed 22 August 2014

We regarded our recent stay during a London visit as a delightful surprise. The facility was even better than it looked online. Room and bed were spacious (not always the case, we've learned in London). Staff -- front desk in particular, but others as well -- always helpful and responsive. And the price (we were there mid-week) was an exceptional value for us, as first-time visitors to London. Time constraints on our part did not allow an opportunity to try the spa facilities, but they looked enticing. (Our room was on the same floor as spa.)
The surrounding area (Shepherd's Bush) not as quaint or traditionally London as some closer to Kensington or downtown, but very convenient with Central Line subway stop just two blocks away.
For those wanting a shopping experience, the Westfield Mall is just two blocks away, next to subway area. Quite a nice mall.
All in all, this was a real gem. This was our first trip to London, but we'd easily consider staying here again!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Hi Tom B,

What a FANTASTIC 5 STAR REVIEW!! Glad we surpassed expectations!! We do aim to please! We do have great sized rooms here, well above the London average. Next time, do try our K-Spa! You will not be disappointed! Thank you for mentioning our helpful Team and great location! Quaint we aint, but genuine London is on our doorstep. We can’t wait till you stay again!

Reviewed 22 August 2014

First trip to London with my 14 year old daughter. For sightseeing and shopping purposes the KWest offers a perfect location: a max 5 min walk to Shepherd's Bush tube or bus station at the edge of Notting Hill. Nice canteen and bar area. Very friendly young service crew. Nice and quiet room. Our best experience: My daughter forgot her wallet with 100 € in the room safe when we checked out to spend our last day downtown. They called me on my mobile and my daughter got her wallet back when we returned to pick up our luggage. Isn't that great? We'll come back.

Room Tip: We simply asked for a quiet room and got it ... on the fifth floor.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hello Marion v,

What an AWESOME PERFECT SCORING REVIEW!! What an honour it is for us, being your first TA review on your first trip to London! I quite like the term "crew", that may provoke a change..... Glad you enjoyed your girls shopping trip and that we could help with the wallet – we were delighted to reunite your daughter with her 100 Euros!! Can’t wait to welcome you back for another girly break!

Long Beach, CA
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Admittedly, I was very drawn to the spa facilities (which were great, but more on that later), but this hotel more than met my expectations! It was a little tricky to find at first, but once I got my bearings, I realized how close it was to food, shops and public transportation, namely the Shepard's Bush Underground line. You can literally walk to the "Tube" as it's known in London in about 5 minutes.

Upon arrival, I checked in and the front desk staff was more than happy to give me London tourism information so I could begin exploring the city the following day. The hotel is deceptively long. By this I mean, if the last two digits of your room number are higher than 24 (i.e., room 441) expect a lengthy walk to the back of the hotel to your room. There is an elevator near the front and back of the hotel for your convenience.

My room was perfect! Nicely appointed full sized bed, desk and chair which I used to fix my hair in the morning, swiveling TV, cooler (not exactly a fridge, but I kept things from spoiling), gorgeous bathroom with an incredible soaker tub!! I took a bath in that EVERY night! After all the walking through London, it really helped me relax before bed.

The front desk was incredibly helpful. They printed out things for me and helped me with whatever I needed whenever I asked! I had them help me print out my ticket for a train ride and they had difficulty printing it. However, they didn't give up! About 4 hours later, an envelope slid under the door and it had the tickets inside I had asked them to print earlier. I worked perfectly as I need the tickets for the next day.

After an 11 tour of London, I was exhausted (needless to say). I called the hotel's spa for a treatment. The spa opens at 6:30 a.m. and closes around 9:30 p.m. They are very busy, so book this in advance. Bring swimwear and take advantage of the sauna, snow room (yes, a snow room), and hot tubs. I opted for a traditional 55 minute massage. My masseuse was very pleasant and hit all the troubled areas I pointed out.

Another plus was the proximity of shops and public transportation. I was close to grocery stores or restaurants and very close to a Westfield mall. It was great to walk to coffee shops, ATM's, etc.

Overall, it was a great experience. The room was well-appointed, clean, conveniently located and very hip! I would stay here again and I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: If more than one person is staying in the room, find something with at least a queen sized bed. My r...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Hi CWils,

What an AMAZING 4 STAR REVIEW!! And so much detail – looks like you tried everything we have to offer. I’m so glad you enjoyed London and that we could be of service in making your stay all the more informative and memorable!! It is SUCH a GREAT City!! Even better when you have a good hub to go exploring from!! Thank you for mentioning our helpful Team! We can’t wait to welcome you back again soon!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I booked two rooms and we had arrived early. The hotel was accomodating and found us two rooms on 5th and 6th floor<higher floors are more comfortable>.The hotel was quiet and the gym was first class with up to date equipment.Service was prompt and helpful. The front desk was always helpful and booked cars, offered umbrellas and handy tips. The hotel was close to Sheperd Bush tube and mall. WE would go basck.

Room Tip: higher up the better
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Hi roma47,

What a GREAT 4 STAR REVIEW!! I’m so glad you enjoyed our comfortable floors, the Gym with all the latest and greatest equipment, and found our Team “prompt and helpful”!! You make the Hotel sound amazing - please tell us what we need to do to move you to a 5 star review!

Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

my friends and I enjoyed our stay here it was an awesome location for Westfield London. Nice room. The only downside was the car park was way too expensive so we parked in Westfield London ...... Nice place to stay

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Britjam
Hi Britjam,

What a COOL 4 STAR REVIEW!! Loving the picture! You look like you’re ready to par-ty! Glad you enjoyed your stay! Did you have breakfast? You could have eaten your name (british jam??). Can’t wait till you come back next time!