The Byron Hotel
US$256
US$233
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$212
US$588
US$491
Excellent 5/5
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$292
Orbitz.com
Excellent 5/5
  • Restaurant
All reviewshyde parkcontinental breakfastqueensway tube stationkensington gardensquiet streettinned fruitstay there againrooms are smallcentral linebus stopbreakfast staffshort stayflat screen tvoxford streetfull englishfew minutes walkdouble room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 November 2007

I greatly enjoyed my stay at the Byron Hotel, which was everything I had hoped it would be. The staff, without exception, were courteous and friendly, without being over familiar, and went out of their way to be helpful. My room was small but immaculately clean, and the bathroom and shower was spotless - I really appreciated the endless supply of hot water (and decent water pressure, too!).

The breakfasts were extremely good, with limitless tea or coffee, and I enjoyed having the choice of traditional English or Continental breakfasts - incidentally, the latter was far more substantial than I have experienced elsewhere. Also, there were tea and coffeee making facilities in my room, which was helpful, as well as a trouser press and hair dryer.

Taken all round, I thought the Byron Hotel offered excellent value for money. Its location was ideal for me, easy walking distance from two tube (subway) stations, and close to a wide selection of shops. And Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens are at the top of the street.

Was the Byron absolutely faultless? Of course not! My room was hotter than I'd have preferred, but I simply kept the window open till it cooled down, And the elevator was very slow.

The bottom line, however, is that when I return to London next time I hope they can accommodate me. From now on, the Byron Hotel will be my first choice.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled solo
4  Thank Parkdaleguy
Reviewed 10 November 2007

I found the Byron a nice change from some of the other places I've stayed in London. It was well-priced, clean, and comfortable. The staff was more than accommodating during my stay. The only negative was an insignificant one -- the elevator took oh-so-long each trip! Ahh, but the value, the location, and the courtesy extended made up for it 300 times over.
The tube is right around the corner, with an Internet cafe in the middle, making it awfully convenient. Hyde Park, just a block's walk was nice, as was the short walk to such neighborhoods as South Kensington made it a perfect location.

Stayed: September 2007
5  Thank anais97
Reviewed 23 October 2007

I booked the Byron mostly due to reviews on this website. The room was small, as expected, but clean and serviceable. The bathroom was fine except that the shower head would not stay up. The bed was comfy and the staff were friendly. The location was excellent.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jolleegood
Reviewed 15 October 2007

I have stayed at The Byron Hotel yearly for the past five years and it has been a wonderful experience. The hotel is well located, far enough away from "the action" to be quiet, yet close enough to be a short walk from the bustle of Queensway with its two Tube stations and an even shorter walk to Bayswater Road, with its buses, and Kensington Gardens.

The rooms at the Byron are clean and well appointed, with newly refurbished en suite bathrooms. Wireless internet is available for a fee, which is very convenient.

The real pleasure of the Byron is the staff. From check-in to check-out, they are attentive and helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. If you're there for even a few days, they will know who you are, where you are and what your needs are likely to be. The ladies who staff the breakfast room and clean the rooms are wonderful. The desk staff could not be better.

I would recommend The Byron Hotel without reservation. It is truly a "country house in the middle of London".

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with friends
4  Thank catwoman4TN
Reviewed 12 October 2007

This hotel sucks. I sent them an e-mail to cancel but the claim they never got the e-mail. I never got a response from them so I assumed everything was okay. Then afterward I notice a charge on my card, I e-mail them and THEN they respond. Seems fishy that they respond after it's already too late to cancel, doesn't it??? What a scam.

• Stayed: September 2007