The Byron Hotel
US$213
US$198
galahotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewshyde parkcontinental breakfastqueensway tube stationkensington gardensquiet streettinned fruitstay there againrooms are smallcentral linebus stopbreakfast staffshort stayflat screen tvoxford streetfull englishfew minutes walkdouble room
Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at this hotel at the recommendation of my travel agent. I normally book my accommodations but my trip was becoming overwhelming and I needed assistance. My travel agent made the booking for me based in my budget and the location I was interested in staying.

Upon arrival I was not happy with my room. It was facing the street and was a little noisier for guests that like to sleep with the window open for fresh air. The room itself needed attention. The hair dryer was not working properly, there was a large crack in the window, the window itself didn't close completely, the heated towel rack was not working and had exposed wires, the carpet smelled musty like it needed cleaning and the bathroom shower door felt like it was going to slide off at any moment.

I contacted my travel agent who went through the agency that secured the reservation because I was looking for a refund to stay at another place. The agency suggested I give them another try and change rooms. We elected to change rooms and boy, what a difference. The new room was facing a courtyard area and was much quieter. The room itself looked like it had recently been remodeled and everything was working properly. The staff moved our luggage for us and was very kind after the transition. They checked in with us after the relocation to make sure we were satisfied. In the end, the new room was an acceptable accommodation and was very pleasant to stay in. They offered a free coffee machine in the lobby as well a a continental breakfast that was included in the room price. I did not eat the breakfast as we ate out in the morning.

If it was not for the kindness of the night staff that checked in with us at the end of everyday to see what we did and if they would help with reservations or information, I may have a negative opinion of the hotel. However, customer service made the difference here and changed the end result to a positive one.

• Stayed: August 2013
CapricornHotels, Manager at The Byron Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the helpful review following your recent stay at the Byron Hotel.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our central location and highly rated customer service. We are more than happy, that you were overall satisfied.
Let me also take the opportunity to tell, that we are currently refurbishing the rooms, and we can do it only one by one, not to effect existing reservations. As you have noticed, we really do have wonderful refurbished rooms, so we keep continue with the work.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

The staff in this hotel were extremely helpful, every request for advice or help was met with a smile and a vey helpful response. The location is excellent within short walking distances from both Queensway and Bayswater Underground, and close to bus stops, giving easy access to Central London, Victoria rail and coach station and to Notting Hill Gate for Portobello Saturday market; and also a short walk from Kensington gardens. Queensway road, about 5 minutes walk, has a wide variety of cafes and restaurants, Room 24 room was clean and comfortable but a little bit
cramped. The included breakfast was good and plentiful, and the waitresses were extremely pleasant. My only complaint would be that the only fruit provided was of the tinned variety. We would certainly stay here again and would recommend this hotel to friends.

Room Tip: Not sure how you avoid noisy pigeons at dawn?
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Terry,

Thank you for the delightful review following your recent stay at the Byron Hotel.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed our central location and highly rated customer service. I will pass your kind words on my team, it's always very nice to receive such a great feedback.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

the hotel is perfectly situated for going to the carnival. The single room is small, but well equipped.The English breakfast is nice, you can choose from different versions. The stafft ist very friendly. Everything for having a nice stay!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
CapricornHotels, Manager at The Byron Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Dear Guido,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our central location and highly rated customer service. We are more than happy, that you were also satisfied with your stay.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

The room was clean and with everything you need, but very small. Moreover, it was a little bit noisy during the night because we can hear the other guests through the ceiling.
The neighbourhood is quite and close to many restaurants. You can reach underground stations and bus stops in a few minutes walk.

Room Tip: Ask for room not at mezzanine floor. It is close to the breakfast room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our central location, indeed, very accessible and close to the main sights of the city.
Our hotel is converted building, therefore, the sizes and shapes of the rooms vary. We certainly have bigger rooms as well, but in London, the rooms have generally not the average U.S. size.

I hope to welcome you back at the Byron Hotel again.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

This hotel is ok. Don't expect amazing luxury, but that's fine for the price we paid. The rooms are small, beds are ok. It's kind of old, but clean. The only negaive thing was that the airco did'not work, ut they were fixing it after we were gone. Breakfast was simple, but ok. The staff was amazing, so friendly and helpful. We left at 6.15 in the morning, and the nightguy fixed us some breakfast. The location is good, just a 5 minute walk to the nearest metro station at the centreline and just above hydepark. We would come back for another citytrip, fine hotel, as we were only there for a goodnight sleep.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Jessica,

Thank you for your positive review after your recent stay at the Byron Hotel.

I was happy to read that you enjoyed our central location and highly rated customer service. I am very proud of my team, it's always very nice to get such a delightful feedback on their performance!

I hope to welcome you back at the Byron Hotel again.