“Great Hotel in Good Location..”

The Park City Grand Plaza Kensington Hotel
Ranked #295 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Walsall, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel in Good Location..”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

We had booked to stay in The Ashburn Hotel but due to a maintenance issue their end we were informed that we would have to stay in their sister hotel The Parkcity. The hotel manager greated us at The Ashburn and was so very apologetic and gave us champagne and even booked a free taxi for us to be taken to the Parkcity (only 3 streets away).

The Parkcity reception was just as welcoming and the hotel itself was immaculate..very clean and the room they gave us was fantastic (room 112)..

Breakfast was continental with a good choice on offer (you could upgrade to full english for £5 if wanted)..
The hotel was situated about a 5 min walk between earls court or gloucester road tube stations so was easily accesable to get around and about London..

As for London its a must do on your travel list..We went to see phantom of the opera at her majestys theatre (dream come true for me) and visited many of the other attractions that our capital has to offer..

Overall a Great hotel (either one Parkcity or The Ashburn) in a great location..We will be going back to London soon and will be looking to book into these welcoming hotels..

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
ParkcityMgt, Manager at The Park City Grand Plaza Kensington Hotel, responded to this review, 29 December 2013
Dear Guest

We very much appreciate that you took the time to post details of your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear that you found the hotel comfortable and that your stay was enjoyable. I will pass on your comments to all concerned.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Parkcity Hotel in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Nice small hotel. I enjoyed the Kensington area and it is not to far from many sites in London. The front desk was always very helpful and the breakfast was enjoyable as well. I would highly recommend this hotel on any occasion.

Room Tip: We upgraded to a little bigger room and it was well worth it.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent visit to our hotel. I’m so pleased to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay and that you found our team welcoming and obliging.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again very soon.
Oxfordshire
Reviewed 2 December 2013

My boyfriend and I got back from our two night stay at The Parkcity yesterday. The purpose of booking this hotel was so we could access Earls Court easily as we had tickets booked for a show. Earls court was in walking distance and is quite easy to find. The hotel is located on a lovely, quiet street with other pretty buildings. It is quite a walk to Harrods, but it is a nice walk and I would recommend this rather than just getting the tube, as passing the shops and museums on the way was nice.

I emailed the hotel in advance to check if we could pay on arrival, for which I received a very prompt, helpful response. However, when we checked in to the hotel, we were asked for a £50 deposit which would be returned at the end of our stay. I was totally unaware of this and not very pleased that I had not been warned of this in advance, despite the fact that I emailed about payment in advance(Luckily I happened to have £50 in my purse else we would have been stuffed!!).

The little blip was definitely made up for when we were upgraded for no extra charge to an executive room (we had initially booked a deluxe double room). The room was absolutely AMAZING! - Very spacious and luxurious. The bed was very comfortable...we had lovely big robes in the wardrobe. The TV message on arrival was a very nice touch. I liked the idea that there was an umbrella in the room available to borrow if we needed, although we didn't use it. The hotel really did think of everything when planning this room! The feature I was most impressed with were the stairs leading up to the HUGE bathroom! (which was spotlessly clean)and had a lovely shower and bath. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again without a doubt.

The reception staff were very friendly, as were the staff at breakfast. The breakfast included was lovely, with lots of variety and lovely little jams/marmalades in small pots. The pastries were yummy and were warmed to just the right temperature! ( I was very impressed with this as I have stayed in places before where the breakfast pastries were cold and dry!) All the food was very fresh and delicious so we filled up on this and didn't need to pay extra for a cooked breakfast.

Every little detail about this hotel was perfect. I wouldn't even bother considering alternatives if I were to stay in London again. The hotel is a little pricey...but then aren't they all in London?!?! The price we paid was quite reasonable compared to other hotels for what we got in terms of the upgrade and lots of little extras. They also supply complimentary water in the fridge and tea/coffee/milk in the room.

Overall, we had an excellent weekend and were very sad to leave. We could have happily stayed another night!

Room Tip: We had room 211. It was at the back of the building and very peaceful. There was no traffic noise at...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Emmamarie1809

Dublin, Ireland.
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I booked this hotel on the back of TripAdvisor reviews and I was very pleased I did. Thanks to those who had previously reviewed this hotel, they were very accurate and helpful.The location was perfect for me as I was going to a concert in the Royal Albert Hall and spending 2 days sightseeing. Transport links were excellent and after a busy day visiting magnificent London it was nice to retire to this tranquil oasis. The staff were very friendly and polite. My ground floor room was very clean and comfortable. The only slight negative was that the room was a little cold even with the heating on. The continental breakfast was fine and sets you up well for the morning. I would recommend this hotel and will stay here again when I hopefully return to London.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank PlanetWaves20
Dear Guest
It is good to know that you enjoyed your recent stay at our hotel. It was a real pleasure to read your comments and I will share them with our team. I’m glad to hear our staff looked after you well and that you felt our location was convenient to your needs.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again very soon.
Hamilton, Scotland
Reviewed 29 November 2013

We had not stayed in this area of London before but will certainly do so again. This hotel is conveniently situated for several tube stations and is within walking distance of shopping areas, parks and museums. Very friendly staff and comfortable accommodation. The continental breakfast is fine, and a £5 supplement buys you full English. Ideal.

Room Tip: We asked for and were given a room in a quiet area of the hotel but as the hotel is in a side street...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest
It is good to know that you enjoyed your recent stay at our hotel. It was a real pleasure to read your positive comments and I will share them with our team. I’m glad to hear our staff looked after you well and that you felt our location was convenient to your needs.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 27 November 2013

The hotel is centrally located. It's walking distance to 2 underground stations(gloucester road and earls court). There's a grocery store approximately 2 blocks away from the hotel. I stayed in a double deluxe room and the room was spacious and very clean. Bathroom is amazing!! The hotel offers free wifi and continental breakfast. There's no hot food provided in the continental breakfast selection but you could order it at an extra charge. The breakfast provided was enough for me. (eg. fresh pastries, yogurt, different types of cereal, toasts, cold cuts and cheese, dry fruits and juices). The hotel receptionists were also very friendly and helpful, especially when asked about recommendations on restaurants. In general, I enjoyed my stay tremendously and will definitely return if I travel to London again.

Room Tip: Upgrade for a deluxe room, it's worth the extra bit of money
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

I am so pleased to read your positive comments on Trip advisor and I will share them with our team. It’s wonderful to hear that you had a great time in London and enjoyed your stay with us. We always try to ensure that our guests enjoy a memorable stay and we try to create a home away from home experience so I’m pleased that you felt well looked after. . I’m glad to hear our staff looked after you well and that you felt our location was convenient to your needs.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.
suffolk
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I visited The Parkcity Hotel in Kensington on the 14th November and was very impressed with it. The hotel is a short walk from Earls Court underground station and walking distance from Natural History Museum and The V&A. The lobby area is very nicely decorated and very welcoming. My room was a standard double and the bed was huge and very comfortable and had everything I needed. Everywhere was spotlessly clean, the breakfast was very good and it was nice to look out on to a garden/patio area which must be lovely during the summer. All the hotel staff I came in contact with were very helpful and nothing was too much trouble. A special mention goes to Ana on reception who greeted me with a smile on arrival and made me feel at home right from the word go . I will definitely be returning in the near future.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
ParkcityMgt, Manager at The Park City Grand Plaza Kensington Hotel, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear Guest
At the Parkcity we work hard to exceed customers' expectations and your positive feedback is our best reward. I will pass on your comments to all concerned.