“TOTAL LACK OF RESPECT!!!!”

The Park City Grand Plaza Kensington Hotel
Ranked #348 of 1,075 Hotels in London
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I used to like this hotel very much, have been there 3 times and have always recommended to friends and business partners, but my last experience completely changed my mind, in January 2013

First of all, when I contacted the hotel, I was given a rate and when I checked in they told me only he first night price was informed, which means if your first night costs 100 pounds and all the rest cost 180 for example, you will never be informed, till you check in.

The hotel requests a 100 pounds deposit, for the extras, which can be made in cash or using your credit or debit card.

I used my debit card, as the receptionist assured that I would not be charged and it was only to "block" the amount from my bank account.

When I check my bank statement, I realised that I had in fact, been charged.
I sent an e-mail to the hotel and they said nothing has been charged by the hotel, but anyway I should wait another 3 or 4 working days.

I did wait, months actually and the money was still missing on my bank account, so I sent another e-mail on the 31st of march, got no reply.

I sent over 6 emails with no reply, it is a disrespect and I will NEVER come back to this hotel and will spread the word to change the mind of those who intend to stay there!!!

The whole situation is unacceptable!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
13  Thank Renata F

Reviewed 28 March 2014

I stayed here over 1 year ago. It was one of the best hotel I've stayed. The room was spacious and the 3 large full size window give the room a welcoming feel. I especially love the view of the hotel from the outside, it looks like a high end residential building. The service was very well done, especially Jeroslaw, the Polish receptionist was excellent - courteseous and professional.

I have decided to write a review now since I am planning to visit London again and this hotel is my first choice. However I found out there were no rooms available in websites. Curious, I rang the hotel, the customer service were telling me that the hotel is closed (he said there will be no rooms) and this will last for years. It came as a surprise since the quality of the hotel was superb.

I hope it will come back and be in bussiness again soon.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank World_Explorers88
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We spent 5 days at the Park City Hotel. The room was a good size as was the bathroom. Even though we were overlooking the street, the room was quiet and peaceful, sleep quality really good (I am a very light sleeper). Big comfotrable bed with enough room for suitcases and moving around (comparing to many tiny centre city hotel rooms).
The staff very friendly and attentive, tried to be of help with any question or request.
The Internet was fine.
Breakfast was good but exactly the same every day, the option to suppliment at an extra cost is there, which I did a couple of times, and enjoyed the poridge and english breakfast.
The location of the hotel is fantastic-very central but on a very pretty quiet street. 5 minutes walk away from 2 different tube stations, about 40 minutes direct train from Heathrow. It is also close enough to walk to quite a few attractions.
I loved staying and hope to come again.
Thank you.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Tucked away in Lexham Gardens, is a gem of a hotel that's well worth a visit. From the terrace garden to the excellent bedroom we have enjoyed an excellent stay. Breakfast was top rate and service above average.

Room Tip: We asked for a ground floor room and were given an excellent double bedded room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank geoffincornwall
Reviewed 7 March 2014

The hotel must have been remodeled at least 6 years ago, because there are stains all over the carpet, the wallpaper doesn't seem clean, there is wear and tear on all of the furniture, the TV is the size of a postage stamp, and the internet is SOOOO SLOW. Shower is a tub shower with a sliver of glass that's supposed to keep the water contained (it doesn't) and a rainfall shower head which is 6' 1" tall. Luckily I'm 6' so I just fit underneath it. If you are tall, you are going to have a problem.

Overall, it wasn't a bad hotel, but I've stayed at much nicer, cleaner hotels in London for the same price or less.

I asked for a room with 2 beds because a friend was going to stay one of the nights. I got a room with a double bed. On the night my friend was staying, I asked them for a rollaway bed and they said it was going to cost an extra £45!! I explained that I was supposed to have 2 beds, but Marina, the manager on duty just argued and insisted that I was only supposed to have one bed. Typical terrible UK customer service. I said "instead of arguing with me, why don't you just waive the fee for the bed", but of course she just kept insisting I didn't reserve 2 beds. She said she could switch my room to a room with 2 twin beds on the ground floor. I said I really don't want to pack up all of my things, and then move them downstairs to a new room on my last night at the hotel. She said "that's all we can do", to which I replied "no, you can make things much easier for me by giving me a rollaway bed so I don't have to pack and move and you don't have to have your cleaning staff clean another room" she said "we can get you a rollaway bed for £45". I gave up and moved downstairs. The room had a slight mildew odor and the carpet was even more stained than my original room. It was the only room with 2 beds, so I sucked it up for the night.

They need to train their management.

The free breakfast was decent, and the £3 extra for egg whites with smoked salmon was worth it.

Location is really close to restaurants, grocery stores, pubs, and the tube.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the ground level.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Richard R
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Hotel is wonderfully located in Kensington. The area around is really nice and looks respectable. Hotel building looks more like a private residence than a hotel. Two tube stations are within a short walk (I prefer Gloucester Road more then Earl's court even if hotel staff advise Earl's court. Distance is more or less the same but in my opinion way to Gloucester Road tube station and the station surroundings looks more attractive). Moreover, there is a supermarket (works up to midnight) close to the hotel. At the same time hop-on hop-off bus stop is oposite to this tube station. Another plus is a direct tube line to Heathrow airport (takes you approx 50 min. to get there) and the same direct line to the downtown (Piccadilly Circus tube station). So I consider hotel location strategically perfect.
The room is not big but absolutely enough for two people, clean, well furnished, safe box (big enough for your laptop, camera, tablet, etc.), table and wardrobe. The room is full of light, there are 3 windows and 4 light sources in the hotel room which is not common and I like it. All the rooms in the hotel are non smoking rooms and I should tell you a story here: one day evening I received a letter from the hotel staff that their housekeeper reported a smell of smoke in the room and “next time they notice that we might have smoked in the hotel they'll apply a fee of 250 GBP”. Very nice..... taking into consideration that we were not smoking ......... I staid in a lot of hotels all over the world and never had a situation like this. Seems their housekeeper has a specially certified nose which is officially approved for such kind of tests. I had to go down and invite staff to my room to discuss the situation because for me it was absolutely obvious that we have to fix everything from the very beginning not to get a fee for nothing. Nevertheless the rest of the stay passed without any accidents.
Bathroom is acceptable also (the only remark – it could be cleaned better). Hotel provides bathrobes and slippers, moreover they place two free bottles of mineral water every day in the room. Tea and coffee facilities are in the room also. Wi-fi connection is stable and speed is ok but the small inconvenience is that you have to ask for a new password at the reception every 24 hours.
Staff is normal but not enough friendly and really welcoming – this is a serious minor point and you really feel it. The only one lady - Alba was absolutely 100% perfect.
Breakfast was more or less ok, nothing special (they could offer some vegetables), no big choices but absolutely fresh and acceptable. Coffee quality was really poor but it compensated with a good taste of their fresh croissants.
Could easily recommend this hotel for anyone visiting London and should repeat again that hotel location is really strategic.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DmitryStPetersburg
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We stayed in the Parkcity for 5 nights. The hotel is very clean and at a walking distance to the tube, museums, Kensington Hugh Street and Harrods. The room was very spacious and the staff was very helpful and polite; the free wi-fi worked perfectly everywhere in the hotel. I really can't fault this hotel in anything; I would recommend it if you want to enjoy London yet want to be away from the hustle and bustle of Piccadilly-Oxford Street...

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family