“My stay at the Whiteleaf”
Review of Whiteleaf Hotel

Whiteleaf Hotel
Ranked #1,008 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

I booked a 5 night stay at the Whiteleaf hotel after seeing the pictures on the website. Upon arrival I was greeted by a friendly and courteous fellow, the reception area looked like the pictures and I was told I was given a room with a balcony.

The room was at the front of the hotel overlooking the street and looked NOTHING like the pictures from
Any of the websites I viewed. The room was morbid with a horrible smell and depressing beige colouring all supplemented with 6 lights, all of which made the room have a weird fluorescent feel to it. The bed was horrible, with one sheet and a blanket on top. There was a cabinet in the corner with a kettle and various other sachets of tea and sugar in. There was also a 11 inch TV and video combi on a bracket about 8 foot above the bed. The TV also had the delightful quirk of sounding like there was static on any channel you watched.

To be fair though the bathroom dud save my fears a little bit. Despite the fact it was small and narrow it was reasonably clean. I couldn't however stand directly under the shower as my head would hit the shower head. Furthermore it rained outside, but the water happened to trickle, then pour inside from the ceiling in my bathroom.

The room cleanliness was abysmal, as were the general facilities on offer. I didn't try the breakfast so I can't comment.

The major plus was the location. I was travelling to Westminster so the tube was direct and only took me 20 minutes. Also the friendliness of the man who checked me in. Be aware though he only works in the evening as the man that works in the morning is rude and didn't seem to entirely understand English, for example, "There is a LEAK in my Bathroom."

There is no safe in the room so I recommend not leaving any valuables in there. Also there is no phone, no desk but a very large array of coat hangers.

Essentially the fact of the matter is, this place looks NOTHING like the pictures on any of the websites. If you are looking for cheap and good transport links, in a place that you are literally ONLY going to sleep in, then stay here. If however you are expecting comfort, clean sheets, a working television post 1992 then this is not the place.

Please heed my advice, this is London, if you pay £36 a night your going to get somewhere below basic.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Jonny_Boy000

Reviewed 11 January 2014

This is a horrible place and way too expensive for the offered comfort. The two existing websites provide false information and misleading impressions. This place is a cheap budget hostel (in terms of quality, not price) and certainly not suitable for business customers, as it is also advertised. There is 1 shower with a moldy curtain for the whole house, windows which you cannot lock despite an external scaffold for facade works, dim room lights where you can't even have a proper shave. After 3 days they finally brought not the requested desk lamp but a ridiculous bulb on a cable which I could clip to the wardrobe door. They didn't even manage to exchange my chair with the broken backrest during my 4 days stay. Also the WIFI connection didn't work properly, although I asked for it in advance. On the iron they gave me the cable's heat protection was damaged so that the power cables showed through.
When I asked for immediate cancellation and money refund shortly after my the arrival, they refused.
All in all, this hostel destroys the trust and quality expectations when booking over the internet and should be removed from the agency catalogs.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank dan e
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Fantastic location just by the Bayswater tube station. Very much within walking distance to Paddington station. Very friendly service. Decent price as well. However, wifi didn't seem to work for me and the shower was rather cold. Only stayed a night and was in a hurry the next day so was not looking for luxury.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Luke N
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We stayed in this hotel last month and it was horrible. First, they wanted to charge us 5% more because we wanted to pay by credit card. Then, the room was a disaster. The tab of the sink in the bathroom was broken and the water kept running all night long. There was no hot water and the towels were old,and dirty. The bed sheets were also dirty with stains. The price was really over rated (85£ per night)! The only good point was the location.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before paying.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lnbsi
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

We had to cancel hotel stay due to weather conditions and not being able to get to London with recent gales .
Even due to circumstances they would not refund or allow us change dates !
Never use them again !
Also websites totally not appealing so unsure what hotel itself is like ?

Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank lisabaldwin452
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Great location - 3 min walk to the tube station. The staff is nice and helpful. Breakfast is adequate.
All the rest is pure horror. The room, that was advertised as quadruple, is barely enough for the beds - we had to jump over our suitcases. There's a kettle, some cups and glasses, some coffee and tea we haven't used.
The ad promised "free WiFi in all areas", in fact it only worked in the lobby.
Bathroom. Very claustrophobic. We had to keep all our toiletry stuff in the room. No place even to put a toothbrush. Small sink with two minuscule faucets on the opposite sides.
Water pressure in the shower was very weak. But it's just as well, because the sink was packed most of the time.
The shower cabin is designed strictly for slim people. No way to turn around when you're taking a shower.
IMPORTANT NOTE! You should pay in cash - otherwise they charge additional 5%. We had to go to the ATM.
But London is amazing as always, always in a new way - it rewards you for all the hotel suffering :)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Igor_Caplan
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Good points - brilliant location
That is all
Booked 2 double rooms. First one had 3 single beds (different heights) with a view of a stack of rubbish bags. Damp walls, 1 light out of 4 working, a broken wardrobe and a filthy shower and bedding.
Room 2 had dirty sheets, I found a blood stain on one side. Out of 6 lights 1 worked, 1 flickered by itself. Paint dried on a towel. Disgusting shower again and a view of the builders on the scaffolding "refurbishing" the building. Was then shown 3 more rooms equally as dirty with one having urine left on a toilet seat!
YES URINE LEFT ON THE SEAT !!!

After arguing with manager and having to get booking.com customer services to help us, the owner eventually come down. Refused to accept his hotel was dirty, rudely reminding me it wasn't 5 star. After his staff confirmed with him the rooms hadn't be cleaned and after an hour and half of arguing I was eventually given a refund. I wish I had read trip advisor reviews before booking this as I am one of only a few to receive a refund. I am now staying in a premier inn in earls court finally enjoying my city break

Room Tip: Don't bother
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple