Blakemore Hyde Park
Hotel The Caesar(London)
  • Restaurant
Leisure Inn(London)
1,732 results
All reviewshyde parkcontinental breakfastnice hotelupgraded to a junior suitekensington gardensfull englishquiet streetnotting hillthe ground floorpaddington stationlondon hotelcentral linenice breakfastnice roomclub roomoxford streetexcellent location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I had reviewed Blakemore with the best commets earlier this year.
Iam visiting Blakemore for the 3rd time in 2014. I was so excited i finally found a descent hotel with nice restaurant but my last stay was the worst.
1. there was renovation going on during my stay and everyday workers woke me up.
(once i was woken up by the cleaning lady at 9.30, once by the extra loud workers outside who were painting the exterior of the building outside my window and once by the ventilation guy.)
2. Workers were getting in my room during my absence. Ventilation guys were checking my rooms' systems and stuff WERE MISSING from my suitcases. Money and packs of cigarettes.
3.The TV was not working in my room and i had to inform the reception 2 times since checked the problem.
4. the rooms door could not be opened using the card key and i had to recharge cards, mine and my husbands, many times during my stay.

Furthermore I paid 225 euro/ night for my stay but I had to pay more in order to eat warm breakfast since only cold breakfast was included within that rate.

I am very dissapointed and I have to search for another hotel while visiting London.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Blakemore_10, Manager at Blakemore Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thank you for your comment. I am sorry to hear that your stay was not comfortable with us this time compared to your previous 2 excellent stays with us. After completing the investigation, we have found that the missing items were never reported. However, we would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay and would be grateful if you can contact me directly to renew your faith in our hotel.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Some folks would say it's not well located but these are the people who think London is all about Piccadilly and Covent garden. There's so much more to London outside the West End and this hotel is well located to reach many great sights (notting hill, hyde park, kensignton gardens, etc) there are underground stations and bus stops located within walking distance and taxis all around. The hotel is small but has everything you need, the rooms aren't large but well within the standard for London. The service is among the best I have experienced. My rate included a continental breakfast and for a small surcharge I could upgrade to full english breakfast which was excellent. Booking hotels is often hit and miss, the Blakemore was a good choice.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Our room was very comfortable and we found the beds in particular to be hard to leave in the morning. Continental breakfast included was sufficient to start the day. Good location to Hyde Park and Paddington Station. We ordered room service after a grueling day of sight seeing and were pleased with the meals we received.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a last minute bank holiday getaway. Got to say the hotel itself is very beautiful and extremely clean. Reception staff were friendly and we were allowed to check in early...

The only part I would criticise is the room size... We upgraded for a larger room & even though we did that as I still didn't feel it was worth the money. The room was very clean but awful view. Bed was comfy but I just didn't get the wow factor...

Wouldn't put me off staying again but I think it's a lot to pay.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Arrived here at 2pm and we we're checked into our room at 2:30pm very happy as the room wasn't supposed to be ready until 3pm - lovely room huge bed (the comfiest bed I have ever slept in) .. Beautiful bathroom with bath rain shower plus hand held shower .. Great breakfast (continental) cereals fresh crossants pan au chocolates fresh fruit etc. with the option to pay for full English we was very happy with what was on offer for continental .. Lovely breakfast room .. GREAT location 2 or 3 grocery shops on the street 2 Greek restaurants and a little pub .. Around the corner is Hyde park plenty of bus stops ( download the free app Citymapper such a great app for using bus's no need to use trains or underground and you get to see a lot more of london on the bus journeys ) petrol station around the corner with free cash withdraw machine and a waitrose Very sad to leave london as me and my friend has a wonderful 4 nights at blakemore and visiting the sites of london -- PERFECT!

• Stayed: April 2014