4 people are viewing this hotel
PricelineUS$200
TravelocityUS$250
Orbitz.comUS$250
2,033 results
All reviews hyde park continental breakfast nice hotel kensington gardens full english paddington station the ground floor notting hill quiet location executive room min walk excellent location reception area basement
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 September 2016

First impressions were good, polite welcome, room appeared clean
Unfortunately as I attempted to get into bed I noticed a major housekeeping error! The bed was wet and stained
I phoned down to reception to report the problem but was asked to repeat my self 3 times as the receptionist said she had been distracted and couldn't understand what I was saying
Lady attended the room and moved us into a suite - asking twice if we really needed separate beds (travelling with 17 year old son) we then had to wait - in our nightwear as someone striped the bed to make it two singles - this wasn't possible as the mattress was no zip and link but in fact a superking, poor lady very flustered trying to make up beds (I did try to help to speed things up but she insisted I sat down) beds made we settled down to find the wifi signal was very bad in new room and TVs had no signal
I ordered a bottle of red wine - the wrong one arrived at a considerably higher cost - I refused it and was told the bottle I ordered they didn't have - I should have been informed of this before the wine arrived! 30 minutes later waitress arrived back saying I could have the dearer wine at the cheaper price - I refused again as had gone to bed by this point rather fed up with the whole situation
We were offered a free hot breakfast option which I declined as it didn't suit us - the continental option was good
On checking out I was asked about my stay and I did say it wasnt great - receptionist asked if I wanted to speak to the manager but I did feel the damage had been done and I just wanted to get home

1  Thank Charladys
Blakemore_10, General Manager at Blakemore Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Blakemore Hyde Park.

We applogise you we let down by our service and will look into this immediately. We hope you return and will we make sure your have a pleasant stay on your next visit in London.

We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 3 September 2016

Nice staffs, nice room for this price. We spend really good time here. However, one thing, we asked hotel to book taxi for us twice, but the price is almost double than other taxi (book taxi from hotel to Leicester Square cost 25 pounds, when we return, we took a taxi from street, cost 15 pound0. Next day we tried to ask reception for giving number of other taxi companies, the receptionist said they can't, cause it's' the only taxi company they work with, so they will not provide other company's number. Well, this made us feel very uncomfortable.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and staying with us.

We are very pleased you are with happy with our staff and the room was to your liking. With regards to the taxi issue at reception we will look into this and make sure this matter gets resolved immediately. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again upon your next visit in London.

Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights. Paid as well for breakfast included.

Do not see anything too special and nothing really excited me about the place. Yes, it was clean, yes, they did their job, but there are other hundreds of similar places exact like that costing less.

As well breakfast I find to be expensive. The buffet did not offer large variety of food, moreover at the end, if you do want to have something warm, you need to pay extra.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Eleonora,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review here at the Blakemore Hyde Park.
I'm glad to hear the rooms were clean and the hotel was up to standard.
However apologize you did not have a best experience for breakfast. Thank you for your feedback and we will look to make improvements. We look forward to welcoming you soon.

Reviewed 3 September 2016

Room so tiny when my son asked for concocting his play station they didn't allow us food are very humble service in the restaurant was bad we called for assistance the waitress pretended not listen
In general the place is amazing near from everything

Dear Sherif,

Thank you for your and your review.
Unfortunately, we can not promise all game consoles to work on our tv's, we do apologize for any inconvenience caused. I am surprised to hear what happened with regards to the restaurant service and will look into this immediately and do appreciate your feedback. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 3 September 2016

Ideal location for Paddington, close to Kensington Gardens and tube stations; have used the hotel previously and would use again.

The service is friendly and good; room comfortable and enjoyed a good night's sleep.

Room tip: There is an art to using the shower!
Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Blakemore Hyde Park.

It is a pleasure to read you enjoyed your time at the hotel, thank you for all of the great feedback on our location, comfortable rooms and good service.

We look forward to seeing you again.