“brilliantup value very clean”
Review of Royal Eagle Hotel

Royal Eagle Hotel
Ranked #825 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Stayed last year and there again 14th Oct First stay great , huge two floor room for two of us clean and comfortable efficient staff .Near station , couple minutes walk very central for walking around London.Looking forward staying there again hope same pleasant experience

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank irenecstewart1

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Decided to stay here again following a not-so-great visit, because a)everyone deserves a second chance and b)there was a great deal on Lastminute.com - but I really wish I hadn't bothered. First off, neither the door to my room nor the door to my ensuite bathroom would open completely because there were beds blocking them - and I'm pretty sure this would be considered a fire hazard. My first morning there, I discovered that the shower wouldn't turn on, and it took a member of staff five minutes to get it to work; when I finally managed to use it, I noticed black mould on the grouting and on the folding shower door. This could be scraped off with my fingernail - don't ask me why I tried doing this - which proves that the cleaners really don't do their job properly, and it's also a health hazard. (Legionnaire's, anyone?) Oh, and the fan in the bathroom didn't work either. When I checked in, the chap on the front desk had such a poor command of English that he couldn't find my reservation even after I repeated it multiple times and spelled it for him; it took someone from the back room to walk past him, reach for a my room key - which turned out to have been sitting in front of him all the time - and pass it to me with an apology...and something about the look on his face told me it wasn't the first time he'd had to bail this guy out! Yes, the Royal Eagle is minutes from the train station that I reach when I get to London from Somerset, but that's not enough to get me to stay there again; for half what I paid, there is a lovely B & B in King's Cross which includes breakfast and free wifi - both of which you have to pay extra for at the Royal Eagle - and even though it takes half an hour to reach it by bus once I get to London, it's more than worth it.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before you check in - and take a good look at the shower!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank blackdahlia
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Our review about The Royal Eagle Hotel

A great hotel to stay in London

Helpful and friendly staff

Very clean and everything work super great for us.

Very central location

Modern room and comfortable

We will definitely recommend the royal eagle hotel for our friends and family

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 17 September 2013

To be honest I was really impressed by my stay here.
The staff are incredibly friendly, good service and the room was very clean.
The room seemed to be newly renovated as was the corridor and foyer which were all very nice and looked luxurious for the amount we paid per night.
Would definitely recommend it.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tee L
Reviewed 11 September 2013

On a very recent trip to renew a schengen visa the hotel was ideally situated, being close to Paddington station and the centre itself.
We had booked a triple room, and were given room 215 which was split level, one single bed on the lower floor and a double on the higher level.
The room was clean and tidy and beds comfortable and firm.
The higher level double was very hot and would advise visitors to use fan's provided in wardrobe
and open window.The bathroom and toilet were on the lower level and care is needed in the night to negotiate the steep stairs.
There seemed insufficient lighting which made the stairs bordering on dangerous in the middle of the night, with only three lights on the two levels. This and air conditioning would be a great improvement!
overall very good value for money for short stay in central London.
But you will pay extra for Wi Fi and the continental breakfast option is expensive.
Weopted out of both.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank david b
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Spent a night here recently and was very impressed with the hotel. The hotel is located approx. 5 minutes away from Paddington Station. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was small, but to be expected considering it's Europe. The room was very clean and the beds were quite comfy. They offered a continental breakfast that looked ok, but I didn't have any. They also offer a secure luggage storage place that you can leave your luggage upon check-out and continue sightseeing or shopping without having to tow your luggage with you. The only disappointment was that they didn't offer FREE wifi. Would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 September 2013

The Royal Eagle Hotel has nice personnel and rooms. The hotel building is old English style, as is the foyer but the rooms have been modernized. Rooms could have been cleaned better and the price of internet was quite high compared to that many hotels offer free wifi.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that isn't right out to the main road.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple