2,416 results
All reviews hyde park paddington station single room quiet neighborhood heathrow express kensington gardens notting hill boutique hotel rooms are small minute walk executive room clean hotel continental breakfast central line oxford street short stay breakfast was excellent
Reviewed 21 October 2011

The hotel was easy to find from Bayswater tube and is actually very close to Bayswater High Street which has a good variety of restaurants and bars. The hotel itself is quite modern and well maintained. The staffs were very friendly and welcoming.

I wasn't that impressed with the size of the room, but it's probably in line with most London hotels. The room facilities were ok, no mini bar, no iron or ironing board but one was made available when requested. I didn't use the Internet so couldn't say if it was ok or not. The bathroom was quite small, but a walk in shower made good use of the space.

Unfortunately I didn’t have Dinner, but the menu looked nice and breakfast was really good. I didn’t use the Gym, but did take a sneak peek and it was full of modern good quality equipment.

For the price this is a good hotel with a fresh and modern feel, I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel and I would definitely use it again.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank The-Secret-Watcher
Reviewed 21 October 2011

Overall my experience of staying at Caesar Hotel was awful, the room size is small and the less flexible online reservation which is managed by a third-party has caused me to pay more than I should.

1) Small Room Size
I stayed in a single room. The single bed was situated with one side leaning against the wall, and next to it was a desk with a TV on it. The gap between the bed and the desk is less than 1 foot wide. Can you imagine how small the room is?

The bathroom is small too. The shower cubicle is nothing more than 2.5 feet (width) x 2.5 feet (length). I can’t imagine if a Caucasian with body size much bigger than mine can squeeze himself into the cubicle. I am an Asian with medium body built, and I found myself difficult to make any single move inside the shower cubicle.

2) Online Reservation
I made my reservation on the Caesar Hotel website which I was then directed to a third-party managed website (www.centralr.com). I made a reservation for two nights and paid 10% of the amount as deposit.

Upon check in, I found out that the rate for the single room and double room were the same. I requested the front counter officer to change my single room to double room. But I was advised that any change on the reservation has to be made through the online reservation. What puzzled me was that I have to cancel my existing reservation and made a new reservation for the double room, although both room have the same rate and the hotel could easily arrange the double room for me.

After doing all the steps as advised, then only I found out that the 10% deposit that I have paid was un-refundable, which mean I lost the 10% deposit and I have already paid during the first reservation and I have to pay the full amount for my 2-night-stay in the hotel.

In fact, I stayed in the single room for two nights as it was too troublesome for me to check out and check in after the first night of stay. And I have only found out that the hotel was charging me for the full amount upon checking out, though I have paid for the deposit. According to the front counter officer, the deposit is held by the third party online reservation vendor.

I refused to pay for the full amount when I was checking out and I insisted that no further charge should be charged to my credit card as I have paid the remaining balance in cash as stated in my reservation.

But upon my arrival back to my country, I found out from the credit card statement that, there was an additional charge incurred.
Hence my advice is that if you are looking for a room with reasonable space and flexible online reservation which allows you to make changes, then you should stay away from Caesar Hotel.

(Note – the third party managed online reservation does not has 24X7 support, but 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. If your reservation is on weekend and there was mistake with your reservation, you will never able to resolve it as the hotel officer will tell you their standard answer which is – it’s a third party managed online reservation, they cannot do anything unless you contact the third party vendor)

• Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank Hans K
Reviewed 13 October 2011

Not bad hotel. Rooms are small and it would have been good to have a fridge but Good price, quite comfortable and great location!

Date of stay: October 2011
CaesarGM, General Manager at Hotel The Caesar, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2011

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay.

We are currently looking at Mini Bars/Fridges for our Deluxe and Executive Rooms which should be in place early 2012.

I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 8 October 2011

We spent two nights at the Caesar in Hyde Park and found the hotel and the staff to be terrific and the location to be quiet and beautiful! The lobby is sleek and modern and the adjoining bar is warm and welcoming. Our room was small, but nicely appointed. Our room overlooked the beautiful tree lined street on which the hotel is located - the weather was beautiful and the air was a delight! The staff was knowledgeable and helpful in getting us to local restaurants, pubs and the metro - all of which were within an easy walking distance. After busy days in central London, sightseeing, it was a treat to return to Hyde Park and its quiet relaxation!

Room tip: Ask for a room with a "front" view - the quiet street on which the hotel is located is lovely.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
CaesarGM, General Manager at Hotel The Caesar, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2011

Thank you for your kind review, I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is pleasing to know that you found the staff and servcie to be of good standard.

I hope we can welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 28 September 2011

We specifically requested not to be in the room near reception (as advised on this site) yet that's exactly the room given OMG- beware room 505:
Hard to get a good nights rest when the curtains did not block out the street light, the noise from the hotels bar & the other bars around didn't stop until early morning. If u do stay here request a quiet room & cross yr finger that they listen!
Also the shower drain was blocked & flooded each time we used it.
Water in the restaurant was 5 pound for 750mls-liquid gold.
The cleanliness couldnt be faulted, well done to the room attendants:)

Date of stay: September 2011
2  Thank TataSnows
CaesarGM, General Manager at Hotel The Caesar, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2011

Thank you for your review, although I am sorry that it was not on a positive note. It is very rare for us to receive comments regarding noisy rooms as we are situated in a quite area of London; however I apologise if you had a disturbed night. All requests for certain rooms are requests and we will try to do our best to provide them, however this is not always possible.

You should not have problems with the drains and this has since been resolved.

I am pleased that you found the standards of cleanliness up to our high standards that we aim for.
I hope that you will consider us again, please contact me directly and I will personally ensure we allocate you a quite room.

Regards