“Caesar Hotel - excellent in every way”
Review of Hotel The Caesar

Hotel The Caesar
Ranked #288 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 2 January 2012

I found this hotel on the internet - i Googled for hotels near Paddington Station.
A great location - almost equidistant from 4 Tube stations (Paddington, Lancaster Gate, Queensway and Bayswater) and with a good selection of shops and places to eat at Queensway which is 10 minutes walk from the hotel.
I arrived Christmas Day at 730am and was checked into my room immediately; it was very nice not to have to wait for the usual afternoon check in time after a flight from Australia.
The single room (307) was small (to be expected in London and I have stayed in rooms much smaller) but more than big enough for one. The polished wooden floor made a nice change from the worn carpet in other hotels. The bathroom seemed brand new and had a great shower and shampoo etc all supplied.
The buffet breakfast is GBP13; maybe a bit expensive, but there is an extensive range of very good food on offer and everything is constantly replenished.
The staff are all very helpful and extremely pleasant.
My only suggestion for change; move the towel hook from the back of the bathroom door (which has been installed upside down and is therefore useless) to next to the shower so a towel can be in easy reach on leaving the shower.
An excellent place to stay and it will be my hotel of first choice on future visits to London.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Ross B
CaesarGM, General Manager at Hotel The Caesar, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2012

Thank you for taking time to write your review of your recent stay at The caesar Hotel. we value taking the time to do this. I am deligted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are currently upgrading all the Hotel bathrooms and will certainly look at this issue with the bathroom hooks.

I hope we can welcome you back to The Caesar in the future.

Lee Melville

Write a ReviewReviews (2,081)

Reviewed 23 December 2011

Quiet, clean and modern room with nice design, but also very small (as many have remarked) - I had a single room. Nice bathroom. Ok breakfast served in a stylish dining room. Best part of this hotel: very good location, close to Hyde Park, Notting Hill and Portobello Road. Also very close to Queensway which has lots of good restaurants. Two subway stops close by and close to Paddington train station. On the whole good value for money in the expensive city of London.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank Javinsky

Thank you for taking time to write a review on your recent stay at The Caesar Hotel, we do value your thoughts and experiences.

I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us amd hope we can welcome you again in then future.

Reviewed 21 December 2011

Thin walls, house keeping banging on your door at 7:30, out-dated hallways that smelled like day old beer... I could go on. I can't think of a worse place I've been in years... and I stay in a hotel over 90 days a year.

Room Tip: stay at a different hotel
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank P C

Thank you for taking time to write your review, we value good and bad comments.

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us, this is very disapoiiting for us as we aim for 100% guests statisfaction.

I understand that our corridors need upgrading and they will be refurbished in the first quarter of this year, although I can assure you that they do not smell of "old beer". Our houskeeping standards are very high and we have won several awards in recongition of this.

Your review is not in keeping with 99% of the feedback we receive and I would have welcomed the opportunity to put right your concerns at the time of the stay if you had allowed us to.

Again, I thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 8 December 2011

I needed a hotel at last minute and this was the only option under £200 that my travel agent could offer that on review on TA looked ok.

To be honest in many ways it surpassed expectations. The room was odd with 3 single beds. However it was on the top floor at the back of the hotel and actually had one of the best nights sleep I've had in a hotel in a long time.

The food was good with a nice breakfast buffet.

Just be aware that it is a 10 min plus walk to marble arch if your using it as a tourist hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank UkSil
CaesarGM, General Manager at Hotel The Caesar, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2011

Thank you for your review and I am pleased you had a good nights sleep and we surpassed your expectations. I hope we can welcome you again to The Caesar.

Reviewed 6 December 2011

The staff at this hotel were very friendly and helpful. When I had breakfast in the there and they were very attentive. The staff knew the area well and helped to give directions to attractions. The hotel was a 15 minute walk to the underground on two separate train lines. There were stores in the neighborhood you could buy food, snacks or drinks to keep the costs down. The rooms were very clean though on the small size but it was recently renevated so it looked brand new. The cost for TV was aver 12 pounds a day so I did not watch any. The coffee was a pot that boiled water and you added nescafe instant. The house keepers were noisy in the mornings. I would go back to this hotel and stay in a minute. It was a great experience.

Room Tip: I got there at 0900 and was able to check in right away. The staff at this hotel were very friendly...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank leeanne_Windsor_1

Thank you for your kind review, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

Just to clarify their is no charge to use the normal TV channels of which we offer 18 from various contries. We do offer a movie service where a charge is applied to view.

I will discuss the noise issue from the Housekeeping staff with the Head Housekeeper and apologise if this disturbed you.

I hope we can welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 1 December 2011

Nice location - 10 mins walk from Paddington in a lovely terraced building. Service was excellent at all times from the warm welcome to departure.

The first room I was in was too close to the lifts which means you get people talking loudly coming in and out but they swiftly moved me to a room further away - nothing was a trouble.

Room service food good - nice 3 bean chilli and fruit salad.

Rooms nicely decorated with all mod cons. Smaller than some places I have stayed at but you don't come to London to spend time in the room. Bathroom very nice with quality toiletries and excellent shower temp/pressure. The towels were huge and soft. i am 7 months pregnant and it makes a change to get a towel that I could wrap all the way around! It is quite pricey so look out for deals.

The only bug bear for me was the bed. The mattress was extra firm in both rooms I saw. I had an extra 2 pillows to try and get comfy but it did not work. I have a bad back so a medium or even soft mattress is better as you need some 'give' so there's not pressure on your joints. I ended up sleeping on the couch which was much better.

But let's be realistic, people have different tastes in mattress and this just was not good for me. If you like a firm bed then this is an excellent hotel to stay at and I would def recommend.

Like other reviewers I would avoid a room near the lift/stairs for peace and quiet and also away from the street as there are refuse collections early on Mon/Wed/Fri mornings. Otherwise - enjoy!

Room Tip: avoid a room near the lift/stairs for peace and quiet and also away from the street as there are ref...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank MrsNCFC
CaesarGM, General Manager at Hotel The Caesar, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2011

Thank you for your review, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and have recommended us to future users.

I am sorry that you found the beds too firm for your liking, but as you state this is a personal preference. The beds are deisgned to accommodate most tastes.

I do hope that we can welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 15 November 2011

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying here for 2 nights. It was a quick walk from Paddington station, so easy to get to from Heathrow via the Heathrow Express. The staff were very helpful. All requests were promptly addressed. The room was pretty clean and comfortable. It was a bit small but that's the tradeoff for being in such a covenient location, I think. (close to 3 different tube stations)
The one thing that was a negative was that because we were on the ground floor and the windows must have been really thin, we could hear every conversation from people passing by. It was almost like they were in the same room, not kidding you. But it was a quiet enough street that this wasn't too big a problem.

• Stayed: November 2011
4  Thank gebu
CaesarGM, General Manager at Hotel The Caesar, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2011

Thank you for taking time to write your review, we value your feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel, it is always rewarding for the hotel team to know that our hard work pays off.

We look forward to been able to welcome you again in the future.