“Gorgeous Hotel on the world's most beautiful street.”
Review of Hotel The Caesar

Hotel The Caesar
Ranked #283 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I stayed at The Caesar for 5 nights with my partner in September 2013 on a romantic trip to London. The experience was outstanding in every respect. The staff were friendly, and incredibly helpful. I arrived in London very early on the day I checked in, my room wasn't ready but they were more than happy for me to set up camp with my laptop in the lounge for a few hours. I had read that some of the rooms weren't huge so I wasn't expecting a lot of space in the room, but it was incredibly spacious and comfortable. The bathroom was large with a shower and bathtub, the room had a huge closet, and the bed was extremely comfortable. The Caesar also happens to be in an outstandingly beautiful part of London, just on the north edge of Hyde Park and only 4 tube stops to Oxford Circus - I frankly can't imagine ever wanting to stay anywhere else in London.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matt_Harris0n
CaesarGM, General Manager at Hotel The Caesar, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

It was very rewarding to read your comments and I am pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope we can welcome you again in the future.

Lee Melville

Write a ReviewReviews (2,131)

Reviewed 27 September 2013

The hotel is nice and cosy. But there is not enough personnel to take care of guests.
for 300 GBP per night I would have expected more attention.
During the check in my hand luggage was stolen from the lobby, I assume when I was left completely alone because the only 2 people available were distracted by other guests.
The worst is that I received an email from the hotels saying that they were not able to watch the CCTV ( why?), and that in their brochures it is written that the hotel is not responsible for thefts.
I lost my laptop, my jewels, 2 iphones, my notebook, my keys, my makeup ( expensive like jewels.. almost).
I never received any feedback from the hotel manager ( that was not in London when all this happened), and be sure I will never be in that hotel again.
Also, when I was leaving I asked the guy at the reception to call a cab, and first he wanted to convince me to use a private car, and when I refused and asked him to call a cab he said he had no phone numbers ( what about google??).

Not a good experience

1  Thank POLPORICCIO
CaesarGM, General Manager at Hotel The Caesar, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Thank you for your review and it is very regretful that your luggage was stolen whilst in the Hotel Lobby. This is an extremely rare situation although when in a large city such as London, these matters can occur.

I am disappointed that you have recorded this in the manner that you have. Due to a business trip I was out of the Hotel, however I have a very competent Management team that can attend to things in my absence. You received an email from me on the very day that I returned to the Hotel and were offered a goodwill gesture payment, although we are not responsible for guests property in a public area, just as if this had happened at an Airport or Train Station. The payment was offered to you as we care about of guests and the service we provide.

The Hotel does have a CCTV system however due to a local power cut the previous day, this had damaged the systems hard drive and we were unable to view any past recordings. As with any system things can go wrong and it is unfortunate that this happened on this occasion. The system is now working fully.

The Hotel prides itself on its service and this is quantified by the majority of reviews on this site. We have also just retained the visit Britain Silver Award for the 3rd year for our high levels of service and hospitality.

I am sorry that you feel aggrieved with the Hotel on this occasion, but feel we have dealt with the situation in a professional manner.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

The Caesar hotel London was terrific value for the money. My first concern is always clean and roomy for a reasonable price. Most rooms have adequate closet space, room service 24 hours, windows that open, deliciously comfortable beds and friendly, helpful staff. The location is great and in a safe neighborhood!

Slight negative is that the staff is almost entirely from non English speaking countries which makes for some interesting conversations. That said, we needed some emergency items after store hours and Yeray,the porter, without being asked, walked to the 24 hour gas station and purchased what we needed. Need I say more?

The food was just average - apparently you can screw up a BLT but the tea and breakfasts are fine. All things considered this boutique hotel fills the bill VERY nicely!

I will return to this hotel without a doubt.

Room Tip: Make sure to get drawers and enough closet space. It took us one room refusal to get drawers(?!)
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking time to leave feedback on your recent stay and I am pleased that on the whole you enjoyed your stay.

It is true that the majority of our employees are from other European countries as this is the norm in London. As a Spanish owned Hotel we also attract a lot of Spanish employees. However it is an employment criteria that English is spoken to a competent level.

We do pride ourselves on our service which seems to have been demonstrated well on your stay.

I am sorry if you found the food "average" again this is something we take great care over although we have had some changes in our Kitchen staffing recently.

I do hope that should you visit London again in the future, that you will choose us again.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

This is my third time here and it is still a great value and great location. The hotel is undergoing some renovations to its facade but it didn't bother my stay. I find it hard to believe the negatives form the last two reviews though i have never stayed in a single room. I always try and get a room facing queens gardens that make me feel like I am home (I am originally form London

Love the location, the staff and the price is always reasonable in such an expensive city. Definitely still my first choice in London

Thank you to the staff for another wonderful stay

Room Tip: I never pick a single room these tend to be small and opt to upgrade to next room up - try and get a...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Nyxtian

Thank you for your kind review, we are pleased that you continue to enjoy your time with us and look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

It is never easy to find a hotel in London that offers good value. The Caesar has a lot of things going for it but it is just expensive for what it is.
As many others have said, the Caesar is in a perfect location. It is well within walking distance to Paddington station which means it is easily accessible from LHR via Express. The proximity to Kensington Gardens and Hyde Park are a bonus.
The rooms are super small but I can live with it being London. What really annoyed me is the noise when someone walks past in the hallway.
The hotel has been renovated (still work in progress) and for the life of me I can't understand the lack of attention to detail. It is a real lacklustre job with dodgy workmanship.
I found the continental breakfast to be quite OK and good value at 10 pounds.
The staff was friendly and helpful but overall I would have expected more for the price. There are B&B's in London offering better value for money.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. We do value your feedback and I am pleased that on the whole you enjoyed your stay. Works to the exterior of the property are almost completed and these works no longer effect guest bedrooms.

I am sorry that you were disturbed with noise from outside your room. We have tried our best to ensure noise pollution is kept to a minimum but with a listed building we are faced with some challenges.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

Spent half a week here on business trip, was attracted by the website photos and location. Let's start with the good stuff: The location is top, the staff are friendly, the place is clean.

OK, now on to the bad stuff: I don't think I've ever been in such a dingy hotel. The single room was absolutely tiny, with a window that gives a magnificent view of a brick wall about 2m away, a shower that was so cramped that the pane couldn't be opened completely and a toilet that forces you into a bizarre yoga position. There were stains on the porcelain, the joints were slightly mouldy, and the paintwork was atrocious (anyone heard of masking tape?). The breakfast room is in a claustrophobic cellar. Breakfast was mediocre: sour orange juice (if you're going to serve "fresh" you need good oranges guys), dry tortilla, mushy pan com tomate (this isn't a dish you can leave standing).

The hotel's standard reply seems to be "all rooms are different". But why are there no photos of the "real" rooms on your website? I'm sorry, but that's just deception.

And let's not forget that the official price for a single room is more than 200 GBP per night! Thank god I wasn't the one paying for it... Stay away

Room Tip: Don't take the ground floor!!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
CaesarGM, General Manager at Hotel The Caesar, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Thank you for your review, we do value all feedback that we receive.

I am sorry that we did not meet with your expectations although your feedback is a minority to most reviews and feedback we receive. Although we try to caterer for everyone's needs this is not always possible.

I do hope that you will try us again where I would recommend booking a higher category of room where you will benefit from more space, which is important when staying for several days. If we can we may also upgrade you.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

One of the reasons to visit London (6 days this time) is this lovely hotel, the location, minutes from bus-stops/the tube, the staff, the breakfast/food with a Med flavor. The 6 days just was not enough so see you again next year.

Room Tip: On August arrival date, a hot 23 C deg, the A/C was so cold I wanted to have it turned down, too col...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank cafeaulait95

Many thanks for your feedback, we look forward to your 5th and many more stays.