“Brief stay - clean and pleasant”
Review of Hotel The Caesar

Hotel The Caesar
Ranked #282 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Stayed overnight before flying to the US.
First thing is location - close to Paddington Station, in traffic 10-15 mins by cab, with no traffic less than 5 mins. The hotel neighbourhood is pleasant and about 10 minutes walk from the shops and restaurants of Queensway. Its also less than 10 minutes walk to hyde Park for excercie opportunities! I did not try the bar or restaurant.
My room was clean and quiet, although I could occasionally hear other room doors closing, they were not loud enough to really disturb. The room was an adequate size but, as with most Central London hotels, is not huge. An improvement would be a safe in the room.
Reception staff were very friendly and welcoming.
The only negative for me is that there is a surcharge for wifi. while I woud be very happy to book this hotel again, I have to share with them that I tend to look for hotels where the wifi is included.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Paul C
CaesarGM, General Manager at Hotel The Caesar, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Thank you for your review and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am confused about your charge for wifi as we offer this service complimentary to all our guests.

I hope that we can welcome you back again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Hotel The Caesar

Reviewed 10 October 2013

I travel alot with my work, 40-50% of my time in fact so I experience a lot of hotels.I stayed at the Caesar for three nights on a business trip, including an all day meeting there in their conference room.
As I booked late, I paid a premium rate of 200 GBP per night for a double room. I thought it was a lot but when looking at the website I thought it looked worth it, Boutique hotel, nice looking rooms, good location. BUT... and its a BIG BUT! My room was so small... too small for two people even though it was a double. The window was so small and in an alcove at the bottom end of the room so there was not a lot of light. There was not a lot of space to place my luggage.The bed was the cheapest type of bed In have ever slept on in hotels and the pillows were cheap and flat too. (Come one guys... a boutique hotel should have good quality beds and nice pillows, even Premier Inn has nicer beds!) the robe doors would slide properly and again seemed really cheap. On day two the room wasnt made up by 2pm when I got back and which probably annoyed me more than it should have because of the size of the room.But when I wanted to sleep a little late the following day the housekeeping was knocking on the door at 9:30 to clean the room! There was no hot breakfast included in the rate- I tried to order an omelette and was told it was chargeable! Remember the room was £200 a night? Come on guys! Lastly, during the conference, one of the team wanted a coke with lunch.... not included in the delegate rate so we were charged for this... and this is despite 15 of us staying there and over £1000 spent on a meeting room. Nice customer relations... not. It seems there were only interested in taking money and not living up to the website and taking care of guests. However,have to say the food included in the delegate rate was good.
I will not stay at this hotel again to be honest... Even at the normal rate of 130 GBP a night I can get better quality and bigger rooms, maybe the area wont be quite as nice but I am prepared to accept that. I can definitely get more for your money elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback, we do value your feedback.

I am sorry that your experience did not meet with your expectations. Most London Hotel rates are sold like airline seats and can increase in times of demand. The past few weeks in London have been extremely busy.

We offer two pricing levels for Breakfast as most guests do not seek the Full English option, this way guests are only charged for what they consume.

All our beds are of a high quality, however bed comfort is subjective and a personal preference. We generally receive good comments on our beds.

I believe it is quite normal that people pay for what thy consume, so if a Coke was purchased then it is normal for us to charge for it.

Again, I thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I stayed for 10 nights in September & early October 2013. I booked through Expedia, and chose The Caesar because it seemed like a good value and a good location, and I wasn't disappointed. My single room was a good size, and bedroom and bathroom were both kept very clean throughout my visit. I was very impressed with the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff.

I loved the proximity to Kensington Garden and Hyde Park, and I was also happy that there were some great sights within about a 25 minute walk - Harrods, Victoria and Albert museum, Oxford Street shopping. It's also a great location for transport, with bus stops and tube stations within an easy walk.

Bottom line: I will stay here the next time I In London.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank KadyBee613
CaesarGM, General Manager at Hotel The Caesar, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Thank you kindly for your kind comments from your recent 10 night stay, I am very happy that you enjoyed the Hotel, its services and location.

I do hope that we can offer you another warm welcome in the future.

Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

The front desk staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We were allowed to drop off bags two days before we actually checked in. We did not want to take all of our bags when we went out of town.

The room we were put in was down in the basement next to the dish cleaning room. On the other side of our room was a large padlocked closet that would be noisily opened and shut between 5 and 6 in the morning. The window looked into the breakfast room so we had to keep the room darkening curtains shut to prevent diners from watching us get ready for the day.

We felt like we did something wrong and were being punished.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank WiseWylie

Thank you for your comments and I am pleased that you found the staff friendly and attentive.

I am sorry that you experienced a room that did not meet with your expectations. We have a few rooms that are located in the basement but all with natural daylight and of a good overall size. I offer my apologies if this room was below standard, we have listened to your comments and have removed the padlocked closet outside this room from daily use.

I do hope you will stay with us again, where I am sure we can offer you a room that is located in a better position within the Hotel.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Stayed at this hotel for one night, Staff were efficient and helpful. Overall cleanliness good and quiet location. However, the beds were very uncomfortable which spoilt our overall impression. Would be happy to stay again if they replace the mattresses!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank oap2013

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay, we value your feedback and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay overall.

Bed comfort is subjective and what one might find uncomfortable others may prefer. The Hotel beds are of good quality and often get complimented.

Again, thanks for your comments.

Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a long weekend in a deluxe room with the romantic package.

The hotel is located in a very safe, quiet street less than 10 minutes from Paddington and a 5 minute stroll from 2 tube stations.... handy for Kings Cross and sightseeing..... and a short stroll to Kensington Gardens and Hyde Park.

The staff are very friendly and efficient and the hotel is spotlessly clean. Our room was lovely... and had an additional living area which made the room feel very spacious.... and the bottle of champagne abd strawberries and rose petals were the perfect touch for our romantic getaway.

We didn't have dinner in the restaurant as we had plans elsewhere... but breakfast was very nice.

Well done to the management team and staff for a perfectly well run hotel and an amazing stay. We will definitely return and would highly recommend your hotel to others.

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank tw148
CaesarGM, General Manager at Hotel The Caesar, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Thank you for your review, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope that we can welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

I stayed at The Caesar for 5 nights with my partner in September 2013 on a romantic trip to London. The experience was outstanding in every respect. The staff were friendly, and incredibly helpful. I arrived in London very early on the day I checked in, my room wasn't ready but they were more than happy for me to set up camp with my laptop in the lounge for a few hours. I had read that some of the rooms weren't huge so I wasn't expecting a lot of space in the room, but it was incredibly spacious and comfortable. The bathroom was large with a shower and bathtub, the room had a huge closet, and the bed was extremely comfortable. The Caesar also happens to be in an outstandingly beautiful part of London, just on the north edge of Hyde Park and only 4 tube stops to Oxford Circus - I frankly can't imagine ever wanting to stay anywhere else in London.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matt_Harris0n
CaesarGM, General Manager at Hotel The Caesar, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

It was very rewarding to read your comments and I am pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope we can welcome you again in the future.