“Stylish, comfortable and helpful”
Review of Hotel The Caesar

Hotel The Caesar
Ranked #287 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We stayed in the Caesar for 2 nights and were very pleased with it, for the money in London I don't think you can do much better, it was stylish, very clean and tidy, the staff were very helpful and there were several staff available on duty if you needed anything. The bar was nice and the breakfast was really nice for a continental having a lot of range of things to choose from, full English was available for an extra cost. I would certainly recommend and stay again. Thank you.

1  Thank Rachel W
CaesarGM, General Manager at Hotel The Caesar, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay, we are pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that you would recommend us, this is the greatest compliment.

Lee Melville

Write a ReviewReviews (2,105)

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Charming, helpful staff on front desk who, first off, couldn't find reservations. My mother in law was shown to a room the size of a cell. The bed was squeezed between the door and the wall. The minimalist decor just made it harsh and unwelcoming. And it was incredibly hot. My room was only slightly larger and again, like a sauna, even though I'd turned off radiator and opened the window. Tea & coffee supplies very mean. I had booked this opting for something better than a premier inn or travleodge. It's worse. On the plus side, quiet street & easy, walkable access to transport at paddington.

Room Tip: Avoid single rooms
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Zetland41

Thank you for your review and I am sorry that we did not meet with your expectations. Clearly we offer far more than a budget Hotel operation and are awarded our 4 stars full service Hotel accordingly.

I would welcome the opportunity to welcome you again where I am sure we can demonstrate a better service to you. Please feel free to contact me on leem@derbyhotels.com, where I would be happy to assist you in a booking.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

24/7 warm and nice greeting, professional team, comfortable room, and Peroni at the bar. What's not to like? It's a perfect address, whether you're going on a business trip or on a holiday.
Perfect location: 5 minutes bus ride to Notting Hill/Portobello Market, Oxford Street, South Kensington and a 10 minutes ride to Soho and Piccadilly.

1  Thank jayZol

Thank you for your kind words, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I hope that we can afford you a warm welcome in the future.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Visited Caesar Hotel with my wife for a three night stay and we were both impressed with the cleanliness of the well appointed ( if small ) rooms, the friendly and helpful staff and the excellent buffet breakfast which set us up for the rest of the day.
It was my wife's birthday during our visit and I had phoned ahead to arrange for flowers and chocolates to be placed in our room. This was certainly done but it looked very like the bunch of roses provided were the ones used to decorate the tables in the breakfast/dining room. The chocolates were a bit stingy as well consisting of several small sweets on a plate supplemented by a few grapes. At a cost of £30.00 it was hardly value for money. That aside we enjoyed our stay and would recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
CaesarGM, General Manager at Hotel The Caesar, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

It sounds as though there has been some confusion with what you received in regards Flowers and Chocolates as what you describe is our VIP welcome gift. I apologise for this and if you email be on leem@derbyhotels.com with your booking details and I will arrange a credit to your account.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Good location, just a few minutes walk from Hyde Park and Bayswater station. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Really nice buffet breakfast. Rooms are small but well appointed. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brent K

Thank you for your review, the fact that you would return is great news and we look forward to welcoming very soon.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Just returned from a 2night weekend stay at this hotel.
Location was fantastic, at the end of the road is the gorgeous Hyde park and easy to get plenty of buses. Bayswater underground approx 5-10 mins walk away (depending on how fast you walk.)
The staff were very welcoming upon our arrival and were for the whole weekend, they all had smiles on their faces said hello at every oppertunity and were very helpful. They would go out of their way to assist which made us feel welcome throughout the whole weekend- 5stars to the staff.
We had the continental breakfast and an evening meal whilst at the hotel, no complaints with the food, it was delicious and the breakfast was certainly ample.
I would have given this hotel a 5star but it let itself down due to an initial problem with room. We had paid for a superior twin room and upon arriving in the room we were satisfied however after 30 mins of being in the room we could smell smoke strongly, we were in the ground floor and soon realised that the smoke was coming from staff coming outside in the basement area for their cigarette break which was then drifting into the room. We asked to be moved and staff told us they only had a double room left, we were not happy as this was not what we had paid for, staff rechecked the system and miraculously they found another twin room available on another floor however the room was smaller, but it had to be better than being in a room smelling of cigarette smoke! The rooms were very clean and modern and the heating system worked well, wooden floors meant that we could hear every footstep upstairs.
If there hadn't been the issue with the room this hotel would have gained 5stars. Even though there was that issue, the hotel was lovely and I would return again.

Room Tip: Don't go on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jemma K

Thank you for your comments and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments on our staff are always a pleasant reward for the team.

I am sorry that you were disturbed by cigarette smoke. Staff should not be smoking anywhere near the Hotel and there is a designated area for this purpose. Your comments will ensure that we police this issue.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Had a great stay here. The hotel is nicely situated just round the corner from the Bayswater Underground so you can get anywhere very easily on the Tube round London without living in the hustle and bustle.
Nice clean, modern room with a comfy bed and a powerful shower to get you refreshed in the morning. Rooms also had air conditioning which were not needed in October but would definitely be useful in the summer months!
Had pretty busy days in London so did not take advantage of the bar though it did look inviting.
Bayswater had some great pubs so a good area to stay in and after the first day was wandering round like a local.
Never tried the breakfast or dinner as we ate out.

Would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms were nice - though I got the bigger of the two- result!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Malcolm I
CaesarGM, General Manager at Hotel The Caesar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

We are pleased to read your comments and your 5 star rating. It is always rewarding to receive good comments and I hope that we can welcome you again in the future.