Hotel The Caesar
The Tower(London)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$117
2,190 results
All reviewshyde parkpaddington stationsingle roomheathrow expressquiet neighborhoodkensington gardensnotting hillrooms are smallboutique hotelexecutive roomclean hotelcentral lineshort stayoxford streetbreakfast was excellentfull englishtoiletries
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

I spent 2 nights at the Caesar in February. Hotel staff were warm and friendly, ground floor is very stylish. I didn't get to try the bar or restaurant as the hotel is quite central to local restaurants and pubs. Great location with 4 train stations nearby, room was small but fitted adequately. Price was appropriate for location and accommodation. Good, fast free wifi. Would definitely stay again!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
CaesarGM, General Manager at Hotel The Caesar, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Thank you for your review, the fact that you would stay again is great news and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

The rooms are quite small and need a good dusting but would stay there again. The customer service was fantastic and staff went out of their way to accommodate. Would recommend if you're looking for a nice hotel at a reasonable price. Bit of a walk to the nearest tube station but in a great location for taking in the London sights.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your comments we are always pleased to learn how we have performed with our guests expectations.

It is great to hear such praise for our service, it makes all our effort worth while and I hope that we can welcome you again in the future.

General Manager.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

I want to start this review by qualifying the fact that I am a very particular person. The staff at the Caesar is wonderful. Everyone was always courteous and genuinely interested in making us as comfortable and happy as possible. We were scheduled for a 6 night stay.

When we first arrived at the hotel and got into our room I was a little disappointed. I've been to London several times so the comments some people have made about the size of the rooms is not an issue with me. In fact, the room was a little larger than my wife and I expected. Our complaint was with the furniture. It was pretty beaten up. Chunks of wood missing from some pieces and every a large section of the veneer missing so you could actually see the particle board underneath.

Another issue we had was with the hot water in shower. The interesting thing was that the sink had plenty of hot water. We told the staff and they actually gave us a key to another room so that we could shower in there. This is just another example of how dedicated the staff was to making us happy. The room was on the ground floor and there was a lot of noise outside.

Taking all of these factors into account we decided to check out and move to another hotel after just 2 nights. When we notified the staff they were very accommodating. They said we could leave early if we wanted to but they would do whatever was required to find us a room at the Caesar that would make us happy. So we decided to look at some other rooms and we stayed in that room for the last 4 nights of our stay.

My overall review of this hotel is 4 stars. This is largely based on the quality of the staff. They are truly 5 star. If I could give them a high rating than 5 stars I certainly would. Thanks to each of you for making our stay so wonderful.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are a little different so ask management to let you see a few options so that you get the right one for your needs.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank M M

Thank you for your comments, it is very rewarding that you highlight our customer care, as we pride ourselves on this aspect of our service. I am sorry that you had some issues with the furniture and shower. Clearly this should not have been the case and these points will be raised with the appropriate Managers so that improvements can be made for the future. I am pleased however that the team found satisfactory solutions for you.

I hope that we can welcome you again in the future.

General Manager.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Stayed one night on business. The hotel is converted from 2 or 3 Georgian townhouses and is in a pleasant residential area of London. It looks nice and modern downstairs and my room certainly seemed recently refurbished with a decent bathroom and good shower, but the room itself was so tiny as to be difficult to use e.g. there was a stool under the dressing table but the (king size) bed took up almost the whole available floor space and it was impossible to pull the stool out. I had hoped to use it as somewhere to put my suitcase, but no. The suitcase ended up on the floor, blocking the entire floor area between bed and bathroom. The cupboard was only about 5 inches deep. There was zero soundproofing between room and corridor. The hotel is not particularly conveniently located as it's a bit of a walk to get to anywhere with restaurants or a tube station - probably better for business travellers who can take taxis than tourists. Breakfast was OK, nothing special, lunch ditto. On the plus side, the meeting room had a little natural light via a skylight and the staff were all lovely. Overall, not bad by London standards but not great.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
CaesarGM, General Manager at Hotel The Caesar, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Thank you for your comments, we appreciate your time in passing on your experience.

Space in London is a premium and as with many central Hotels, this is a challenge, not helped by our listed status. We do have many room types and if space is important a deluxe room is recommended.

Our location is generally highly regarded, within 5-10 minute walk of 4 tube stations and Paddington Station giving you access to Heathrow in 15 minutes and all in a quiet residential area. However this is all personal preference depending on expectations.

I apologise if our Breakfast did not meet with your expectations, again we generally receive praise as on many other reviews. We would welcome your feedback on how we can improve this further. Please feel free to email me directly on leem@derbyhotels.com, we always are happy to improve.

Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

Staying in hotel for anniversary / birthday. As described on trip advisor rooms very small but functional. -ok for price? In morning found leak in room left husband luggage damp ( as nowhere to put luggage due to room size. Management made aware and asked us to pack up and they would allocate a room later. Offered to laundry clothes- hubbie needed to wear so we used hair dryer. Offered us breakfast- was included in package anyway. So we went out for day assuming at very least we would move to a better room? Not a smaller one? Have to walk sideways round bed, bed small my feet stick over the end? Honestly this Hotel could have resolved this issue had they cared. Additionally at breakfast another leak started from ceiling above food buffet area - yellow liquid? Apart from noise and worry what was it, when I alerted waitress she shrugged shoulders as if always happens and placed a wine bucket beneath? Hygiene???? Room moved to very noisy currently awake listening to guests above talking,,,, my advice u get what you pay for of course however great service and awareness of customer needs costs nothing.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Julia P
CaesarGM, General Manager at Hotel The Caesar, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Thank you for your feedback and I am very sorry to learn of the problems are experiencing. I believe that you are still in house as I write this reply.

As soon as we were aware of your feedback, we have contacted you to try and resolve the issues. It is obvious in all parties interests to resolve any problems whilst you are here and not after you have departed.

It is with much regret that you have experienced a leak in your room. We are taking steps to rectify this, which will involve some building works. Given the age of the building we do face these challenges from time to time. I believe that the duty team acted in good faith by offering to launder your clothes and room move you. We would always offer the best room we can but due to very high occupancy we were limited to what we could offer you on this occasion.

A leak in the Restaurant is not a common occurrence and this was not related to the leak in your room. A guest in a room above had overflowed their bath. It is unfortunate that you experienced two leaks during your visit.

I hope that after speaking with the Hotel management you will see that we do take your comments seriously and I offer my apologies again for the inconvenience you experienced.