“Disgusting”

Boston Court Hotel
Ranked #993 of 1,069 Hotels in London
“Disgusting”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Terrible customer service on arrival. Had my 80 year old grandmother with us who had to walk 4 flights of stairs. Dirt and grime everywhere. Room was disgusting. Not seen a Hoover in a very long time!! Stains everywhere, mouldy smelly bathroom with excrement all over toilet brush. Beds were clean though. Towels stank of tobacco when they got damp from a shower. Cane back from a show and member of staff was walking round in a vest and pants. We didn't even stay for out breakfast as the hotel was so dirty god knows what the kitchen is like!!!! Excellent location though. Definitely cheap but NOT cheerful! Consider paying that bit extra before booking here!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Polish first
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We stayed at this hotel on the 6th July. When we checked in the room had not been cleaned and the bathroom was disgusting. We complained about the cleanliness of the room. When we returned at 11pm the bathroom was slightly better but the shower was not usable. Breakfast consisted of cold hard boiled eggs, toast and a glass of juice brought to the room.

The location of the hotel is the only positive. Very close to Marble Arch/Hyde Park.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I booked this what seemed like the last) hotel room in London about 3 weeks before my stay June 25-29. I checked in, left my bag in my room, and ran to the office. When I returned, my room was filled with cigarette smoke. I thought it was a matter of the hotel residents acting up, but the smell pervades every surface, even after I tried scrubbing down the walls near my pillow, I still woke up smelling stale tobacco smoke.

Leaving the window open to the ground floor traffic noise was the lesser of the two evils. Unless you are a smoker, and comfortable with carcinogens, do not stay here. I packed my bags and left the next morning. I would love to get a refund for the 3 nights, but figure the health of my lungs was worth the lost money. I was lucky to have a friend's sofa to crash on. The only plus is the location right near the shopping high street. Not worth buying nice things if you're risking your life of lung cancer though.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank MartinJ79
Fredrikstad, Norway
Reviewed 7 December 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights with my parents. There was barly any water in the shower and the toilet was difficult to flush. Since there is no breakfast room you have to eat in the hotelroom, that would be okay of there was any place to sit, but we had to eat it in bed. And the breafast wasn`t all that, we were still hungry after eating. At least the people working there was friendly and the room was cleaned every day. The fact that the hotel is very close to Marble Arch is probably the only thing saving this hotel and it is cheap. So if you are only looking for a cheap place to stay close to oxford street and shopping and your demands are not to high you`ll survive a couple of nights.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 December 2012

the best thing i can say about this hotel, is the location was great for oxford st and hyde park. one night was plenty for this hotel. the bedroom was very cold with very little heating available. everything in the room was very dated. we gave breakfast a miss because after a cold night we wanted more than toast & jam.the staff were friendly and helpfull.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Costa Mesa, California
Reviewed 17 October 2012

definitely not a luxury hotel but comfortable, clean and friendly staff..and the price was very reasonable in comparison to comparable options. The en suite "bathroom" in the 3 bedroom is similar to wait you might find in a trailer and slightly awkward but functional/clean so it was fine. I spent about a week and a half at this hotel with two other women and we weren't in the room except to sleep and change. The price was very reasonable and in a safe area close to the Marble Arch subway on the Central Line.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Danielle H
Birmigham
Reviewed 1 October 2012

This hotel isn't the best or the most luxurious you will ever stay in - but saying that - it doesn't claim to be so and neither does it charge a premium that suggests so. I stayed here for a considerable amount of time and it was absolutely fine. My room was clean and made every day, the bed was comfortable and the staff were really friendly. And, as far as the hotel's location is concerned you could not ask for better. The hotel was good for what I needed: a cheap hotel which would give me a base in London whilst I was carrying out professional engagements. If you are in a similar situation i.e. you just want a cheap base whilst you are working or exploring the city - then this hotel is certainly for you. Overall: a fine hotel!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo