“Perfect!”

Kingsway Park Hotel
Ranked #862 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 31 December 2013

The location is perfect. The service team were friendly and cooperative . Rooms are small little bit but they were clean and well furnished. The breakfast was good. The Wi-Fi also was fair quality. Thanks.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 December 2013

My partner, friends and I arrived at the Kingsway Park and checked it to then be informed we were staying at their "sister" hotel next door. We were fine with this however it would have been nice to be informed of this.

When we arrived to room 12 and opened the door we were greeted with the most hurrendous smell of weed and it felt like a sauna! There was also a plastic bag covering the smoke alarm - great health and safety. I soon went to reception to complain and they gave us a bottle of champagne (not sure this quite covers it), there were also no other rooms available.

After an awful night sleep, I went back to reception in the morning to let them know the room still smelt awful, we were then told the bottle of champage was not to say sorry and it purely a welcome gift to those over 18! The breakfast was good although very small (1 sausage, 1 rasher of bacon, 1 egg and beans), you can help yourself to toast, cereal, and drinks.

We all went out for the day and came back to a cleaned, refreshed room although still smelt bad!

The location on the hotel was great, 2 mins from Paddington tube and a few restaurants around too.

Based on our experience, I would definitly not return to this hotel - I do not think a £20 refund is quite enough! The staff were very good at trying to accommodate our problems.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jazmine G
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We booked a three night stay here as we were visiting London to see the xmas lights and also visit the Winter Wonderland in nearby Hyde Park. Firstly good location as it is situated literally just round the corner from Paddington.

The room was basic but very comfortable and clean. Although the shower isn't accommodating for the more "rubust figure", it was do-able and the water was hot!!! Our room was cleaned daily and the breakfast was adequate although you needed to get up early if you wanted to eat and get out and on with your day as the dining room is small. Must say the bed was the best I have slept in, in a hotel in a long-time - definitely had no trouble sleeping but then again we did ALOT of walking.

The staff were very pleasant and we were even acknowledged by name on our last morning and bid a safe journey home by one of the guys on the front desk.

Some very good restaurants and pubs situated nearby so if you are too pooped to go too far in the evening, you haven't got too far to go if you want some good food or a decent pint (or two!)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I had booked a double room for a weekend away, I was made welcome on arrival and given clear instructions on where to go and what time breakfast was. The location was great! Just a short walk to the station and very close to hyde park. My room was cleaned both days I was staying, and breakfast was a brilliant start to the day as the good was yummy. Although the room was not the most spacious, it was a cosy room which was clean and had all the basic necessaties provided.

I was put in a room which was on the second floor and there were no lifts, but gave me good exercise!

I would highly recommend staying there if you are on a budget and want true value for money in London.

Room Tip: Pack light as there are no lifts!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Claire W
Reviewed 2 November 2013

- Fantastic receptionist Ali, absolutely wonderful, polite and a gentleman.
- The room was extremely small, basic, could do with renovations.
- Shower was like a little pipe and as some other reviewers have said, "only a hobbit would fit".
- The kitchen girls were helpful although we had to wait our time to eat breakfast (pokey room). Breakfast did the job.
- Really handy location, especially for the train (5 minute car drive).

Had it been a cheap hotel, you could get away with it. For 99pounds/night, we felt it was a bloody rip off!

Room Tip: - Insist on a double bed - Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hazelua
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I stayed for one night only, I had booked a single room however on arrival I was informed that I had been moved to a sister hotel two doors down, I was given a family room with a double and a single bed. The room was fine, shower and television worked well and the breakfast was just right for me, after checking out I was able to leave my luggage there until early evening. Kin, the manager and all the staff were polite and helpful. The location was good with a couple of local pubs nearby and very convenient for Paddington Station.

Room Tip: I was on the 2nd floor, luckily had minimal luggage as there is no lift; so nearer to the ground flo...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank MaryClydie
Reviewed 12 October 2013

we stayed for 3 days on triple room. We were quite lucky as we got 1st floor room walk up. It took about 1 hour for us to check out coz only one staff available to manage check in n check out request.
Breakfast located at ground
floor, very small area to serve 20 person at ine time with basic breakfast package.

• Stayed: November 2012