Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
MWPerry
Santa Rosa, California

Nice, but noisy spot

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 26 Oct 2023via mobile
Good location near the Bayswater tube station. Comfortable room with a small kitchen. Friendly staff. Breakfast was good. I graded this hotel as only average because of the late night street noise. We also had trouble with our room overheating. The antiquated heating system which we were told needed special repairs unavailable until the next day was the problem. It took me awhile but I was able to make the repair myself.
Date of stay: October 2023
    £63
    £67
4.5 miles from Vancouver Studios
View more hotels in London
All reviews bayswater tube station single studio notting hill hyde park kensington gardens stove top portobello road dining table washer dryer drawing room third floor stayed nights min walk double room kitchenette luggage pubs
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 October 2023

Vancouver Hotel and Studios is our "home" whenever we are in London. The rooms are compact and efficient (ie, small - it's London), and impeccably clean. The staff is friendly and helpful, and will go above and beyond to make your stay the best it can possibly be. The location is outstanding, as well - on a quite street just blocks from the hustle and bustle of Bayswater and Notting Hill, with two tube stations and Hyde Park within a short walk.

This lovely old townhouse from the 1920s, with all its retained vintage charm, doesn't have a lift, so be sure to book a room on a lower floor if climbing three or four flights with luggage isn't feasible, particularly in hot weather.

Whichever room you choose, you will be able to make good use of the lovely bar, the lounge, and the private back garden with tables and chairs so you can enjoy a take-away and drinks, or read a book in the tranquil atmosphere. There is also a new gym and laundry service on offer, so all boxes are tic'ed, and we will continue staying with Vancouver Hotel and Studios any time we travel to London.

Date of stay: September 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jaye B
Reviewed 2 October 2023

I stayed in a single room at the Vancouver studios.

On arrival I specified that I had a lot of luggages as I was in the process of moving to London. In fact, the room was on the third floor (the last flight of which was very steep) with no lift and I had asked for the courtesy of help carrying at least one of the large suitcases I had. At first the staff and manager were very kind and I agreed to book.
Already on the first day I found a huge insect inside the room and two ants walking on the bed. I pointed this out and fortunately they had someone come and clean and sprayed an insect spray. On top of that in the bathroom the sink was splashing everywhere and it was difficult to even wash my hands or face. Moreover always on the first day, I find hair in the shower.

The single bed , was so short that my feet literally came out of the bed , being about 1.70 m tall and the duvet didn't cover enough. In addition to these things, you could hear noises coming from outside and one morning an alarm sounded in my room, which made me wake up out of bed out of the blue.

I can honestly say that all in all I justified this given the apparent kindness of the staff.
I say 'apparent' because on the day of my check-out I was unwell and left the room late, which, given all the vicissitudes I had endured, did not seem a tragedy.

On my way out I found the two people at the entrance looking at me with contempt, and when I asked them politely and kindly to help me with the large suitcase that had been left up, they replied that no one could help me, that they had done me a favour the first time but that they had no intention of helping me. All the opposite of what I had been promised at the beginning, considering that my parents were also present and can confirm everything.

They also told me to take it off immediately because someone could have been hurt, without worrying about the fact that I was risking my life to bring down a suitcase like that.
Fortunately the staff of the new poso opposite helped me to take it down, but as if that wasn't enough while I was taking the other suitcases left at the reception a few days before, I was even accused of stealing one of MY suitcases.

I have travelled a lot and lived for two years around Europe but I can say with certainty that Even more than all the faults in the room, I was unfortunately struck by the rudeness and disrespect of two women working there, which unfortunately overshadowed the professionalism of others.

Date of stay: September 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Francesca B
Reviewed 16 August 2023

We had a lovely stay at the Vancouver Suites in early August. The staff were so welcoming and helpful, especially after our long flight from Australia. The location is perfect and there are some great places to eat and shop in both Queensway and Westbourne Grove.
The room was small but was exactly what we needed. The bed was a tad small (lengthwise) for my partner and I, but very comfortable. The weather was warm so the ventilation wasn’t the best but the old rooms are not designed for this and a fan in the cupboard helped.
All in all an amazing stay, would recommend and stay again.

Date of stay: August 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2023

My sister and I brought our 82 year old mom for her first visit to Europe and we picked the perfect hotel.

As other reviews have mentioned, the location is fantastic, close to two different tube lines and around a 10 minute walk from Paddington. Queensway is a 3 minute walk with pubs, restaurants and grocery stores. Hyde Park is also a 5-8 minute walk with a hop on/ hop off bus stop close by. We also walked to Portobello road (less than a mile).

Our room was clean and comfortable with nice amenities like a coffee/espresso machine and a mini fridge. While there's no air con (which is normal for much of Europe) there is a fan in the closet if you get warm. We slept with the windows open and for the most part the street outside was quiet.

However, what we felt made this hotel special was the staff. Everyone makes you feel welcome and will do whatever they can to help you with your stay. Yes, there are stairs, but the staff was very willing to help us with our suitcases. They are so friendly and accomodating that it felt like we were coming home every evening after a day of sightseeing. We especially enjoyed when the manager would stop by some evenings with his beautiful puppies!

To sum up, this is a clean, comfortable competitively priced hotel in a great area with a staff that goes above and beyond.

Date of stay: July 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2023 via mobile

This hotel is amazing. What a fabulous gem to find in the best part of London! The staff are an asset to it. Nothing is too much trouble for any of them. The atmosphere is lovely. The hotel itself is spotless. Rooms are so well maintained and just perfect. The bed is so comfortable. Everything here is high quality. The breakfast is continental but the fresh pastries are to die for, together with the coffee. The garden is beautiful so enjoy a cocktail out there. I would definitely recommend this hotel. It is so personal and so much better than any corporate hotel.

Room tip: It is so close to Bayswater tube station you can get all over London so quickly. There’s so many pubs and restaurants to visit
Date of stay: July 2023